Multiple accounts one computer

zhao

Hi, How does Neopets tell if it's 2 different people on one computer or one person with 2 accounts? My brother stopped ages ago like me but he might start up again cause I started up again. So if we both do dailies and games, etc, wouldn't NP think that it's 1 person cheating?

My mom and i have been both doing our daily games and everything else for almost a year now. I think if anything was to happen you just need to prove to them it is more then one person. If they are made under the same email account then they won't like it though.

That's the tricky part.

However, I used to have at least 4 multiple accounts and I used them all for games and such. However, I did not REALLY cheat, because I didn't send over any NPs/items from one account to another. I've played for several years with these accounts and never got frozen. So unless you're doing something wrong, you probably won't get frozen.

(Yes, I did get frozen eventually, but that was for a different reason)

Like I said, they probably won't, because they know that families play Neopets as well. You'll have to do more than just share an IP-address to get frozen I think.

However, I don't work at Neopets so I don't know for sure.

I heard they can detect "patterns" like what kind of games you usually play and how often you would send items to another account.

So as long as the both of you have your own pattern and don't usually send items to each other like every single day, I think you're fine ^__^

There was a period of time where both of my sisters and I all played neopets from the same computer. We all had multiple accounts (I think the limit then was 3 per person?), and I don't think we strictly followed the "only earn np on one account" rule either, but we never got into any trouble.

I've also seen people put notes to TNT in the user lookup stating that their whole family plays on one computer. Also, if you're using two different email addresses this could make a big difference, and like others said my guess is the sharing and moving around of NPs and items back and forth will likely raise a red flag.

Makes sense, as if you are cheating you could just put that on to try and trick TNT. But it makes sense that as long as you're both using two different email addresses and you don't actually cheat (like asking your brother to send you items he won in his dailies or something like that), then it should be fine. Its your right that they have to prove you're the same person, rather than you having to prove you're two different people (if you get me).

Makes sense, as if you are cheating you could just put that on to try and trick TNT. But it makes sense that as long as you're both using two different email addresses and you don't actually cheat (like asking your brother to send you items he won in his dailies or something like that), then it should be fine. Its your right that they have to prove you're the same person, rather than you having to prove you're two different people (if you get me).

Yes, but unfortunately, if Neopets thinks you're cheating it's your word against theirs. And they'll win that argument.

I believe they even said in an Editorial once that IF you put up a note like that, they'll be MORE suspicious. Which I think is pretty lame. We spend hours (weeks, months, years) on Neopets and they've been known to freeze quite easily, so of course we're weary about getting frozen..

This is where neo tends to be unfair I think....once you're frozen it's almost impossible to get your account back, and they don't ask questions or give you a chance to explain. I quit playing for a long time because I had a great account get frozen, I never even knew why and only got automated responses when I emailed them. I wouldn't invest a lot of time if I had to share a computer, as the rules don't allow for much activity on side accounts other than storage of pets.

Hi, How does Neopets tell if it's 2 different people on one computer or one person with 2 accounts? My brother stopped ages ago like me but he might start up again cause I started up again. So if we both do dailies and games, etc, wouldn't NP think that it's 1 person cheating?

Well Ian and I(not the mod) signed up on the same IP, but you can tell by writing style, points scored per game, games played, ect. Like say you and a brother play, your brother may like to play games like Maths nightmare, and score high, and perhaps that is not a game you are good at, but perhaps you get higher scores in typing terror, or other games and his skillful games are something else..

I think it's pretty safe for multiple people to play on the same IP. I used to play at home and my mum would sometimes play too, and we were both fine. And I've been playing for 7 years with no problems :)

Well Ian and I(not the mod) signed up on the same IP, but you can tell by writing style, points scored per game, games played, ect. Like say you and a brother play, your brother may like to play games like Maths nightmare, and score high, and perhaps that is not a game you are good at, but perhaps you get higher scores in typing terror, or other games and his skillful games are something else..

• 2 weeks later...

I could probably get frozen for this but I have two accounts. Under different emails. Cause of this, I figure I'm save. My brother has an account after all with his email. Same comp different email. So if I have two accounts with DIFFERENT emails then how can neopets know that say, those accounts aren't just a sibilings?

xD Atleast that's what I've figured.

I could probably get frozen for this but I have two accounts. Under different emails. Cause of this, I figure I'm save. My brother has an account after all with his email. Same comp different email. So if I have two accounts with DIFFERENT emails then how can neopets know that say, those accounts aren't just a sibilings?

xD Atleast that's what I've figured.

They can't know. They never can, because they don't have a camera in your home. However, if they suspect it and feel they have enough 'evidence' (playing the same games, getting the same high scores, just if there are a lot of similarities) they can freeze you. I'm not saying this will happen, but there is a possibility. I had it once and lost ALL my accounts. So at least know what you're doing.