Moltara Worms Help!

Murpha

I have been doing the worms quest in Moltara. I have eight worms so far, but I still need the Black Worm and the Rainbow Worm. I've been refreshing the page for three days now! Are they this hard to "catch" or am I doing something wrong?

Murph

Nope they're just a pain in the backside - I'm missing the rainbow and white - same thing of refreshing. Glad to know it's not jsut me being driven insane!

EDIT: And the black worm appeared as purple when I had to click on it althhough it is black in my inventory.

There's a door that connects Moltara and Moltara Caves. The Rainbow Worm will be right next to the door. Make sure you're currently in Moltara City.

The Black Worm... I can't seem to get it. It isn't near the Petpetorium.

oh your doing just fine! all you just need to do is keep refreshing at the cave and the main city! just keep trying!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Meowy Christmas) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep all off-topic images/links in your forum signature which can be changed here

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

the black worm is in front of the cave to the right of the petpetorium, but it looks purple on the page.

Took me several hours of refreshing to get the black and the rainbow. i read somewhere that if you haven't gotten it after a couple dozen refreshes, to stop and do something/go somewhere else, then try again....but I think it's just totally random.

I hate the random stuff, no matter how OCD I get about it, there's nothing I can do to make it happen lol.

Yeah I can't get the Rainbow one either... been refreshing a while now. I think I'm gonna give up for today ;p

I've also been trying my luck refreshing at the Magma Pool, but no such luck yet..

Just like everyone else, I have been trying for days to get rainbow and black. Rainbow appeared at 12 noon NST. This was also after about 5-10 minutes of refreshing continuously. Not sure if the timing was more important. Someone else try to see if it is on the hour or just at noon or what. Anybody remember what time they were able to get the black worm? :graduated:

• 2 months later...

I have been doing the worms quest in Moltara. I have eight worms so far, but I still need the Black Worm and the Rainbow Worm. I've been refreshing the page for three days now! Are they this hard to "catch" or am I doing something wrong?

Murph

I got all 10 of the worms my first time around, then on the second time, I got all but the black one and have been refreshing for 4 days not looking for it.

From my observations:

The more worms you find, the slower it is to find another one.

I read somewhere that the refresh cycle is maybe 5 minutes. It seems to be more like 3 but somewhere around that range.

It appears as though neopets implemented an algorithm like this:

At each refresh cycle, first select a random number 1 to 10 indicating which worm is next.

Next check if the randomly selected worm has already been found, if so, ignore this refresh cycle and wait for the next one.

This would give you about a 10% chance of having the last worm show up at each refresh cycle.

However, thru other observations (with shop wizard) the random number generator used in neopia seems to be a non-uniform distribution and therefore if you divide the random numbers into 10 unevenly distributed buckets, one of them will have a probability much less than 10%, which is likely why it's so hard to find the black worm.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Stephé) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump and old topic that has been inactive for over 21 days.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Stephé if you have any questions regarding this action.