TNT To Raise Trading Post Limit?

hrtbrk

You make good points about the economy. However, if i have an item like lutari beads that I know is worth millions, I can still sell it and get the full amount, and cheat if i wanted to by asking for more than its worth. so really, removing the limit is not going to change anything.

Lutari beads are at such a limited availability that you could technically sell it for as much as you can get away with.

Does neopets even still do that mobile stuff?

I have to disagree with you about that. If you put in the effort, you can earn your millions. Me, I've earned over 4 million in just 4 months. (i currently have 2.8, but i've spent a bunch on a variety of stuff).

Neopets is designed to reward those who play a lot more, and I play several hours a day while I am letting reactions run in my lab. Take a look at something like training your pet in the battledome. If you can train every 4 hours, how long will it take to get to a high level battledome pet with a thousand HP? It's unfair of you to say that you want to put no effort into a long-term gain and have the same access to prestige as those who have worked at it for years. The economy is based on supply and demand, which shoots prices for the most desired items very high, as there is no or little supply coming into the market, and demand is high and items are not recirculating once bought. You can't ask users to lower price, as demand makes the price that high. What you can do is increase supply, which will then decrease price, as people won't be willing to pay such a premium for it.

i can only raise somewhere around 15k REALISTICALLY by playing games. if i really sit here for hours and hours i could probably raise 100k but it would really ruin and semblance of a social life i have left, lol.

i understand that there ARE people who do this, who RS all day, and who have huge stock portfolios, i understand that they worked VERY hard for what they have.

im not asking TNT to make it so that i can have 4 krawks on my account, 4 draiks on my side, and have them all faerie royal and grey. those are things you need to work for. but i want to be able to have a goal such as a nicely painted draik, and have that not seem like a far off, unobtainable dream.

It's great that they're aware of the neoconomy and they're going to try to even it out. Raising the limit is awesome but I'm just not sure what would be good? 1 million seems far too low, and unlimited seems a tad outrageous.

I'd be in favor of them raising it anywhere between 5-7.5 million.

i say like 10m, keep it rounded.

but if they raise the TP limits will they raise the auction house limits as well?

Does neopets even still do that mobile stuff?

Though I'm not 100% positive, I think I heard, they'd closed down the mobile part as well. When you clicked on Lutari Island before, it mentioned the mobile feature. It no longer does now.

If the auction limit is 20m, how do items end up costing much more than that? Can a seller cancel the auction if the price doesn't go as high as they'd like? (I've never used auctions.)

While I agree that increasing supply would probably be the most widely agreeable way to lower inflation, I wonder if an actual limit on the amount of NP someone can bid would force prices down to whatever that bid limit is.

If the auction limit is 20m, how do items end up costing much more than that? Can a seller cancel the auction if the price doesn't go as high as they'd like? (I've never used auctions.)

While I agree that increasing supply would probably be the most widely agreeable way to lower inflation, I wonder if an actual limit on the amount of NP someone can bid would force prices down to whatever that bid limit is.

As I understand it, auctions have a maximum starting price of 20 million (10 million original bid with a 10 million max increment level). If someone bids higher than that, they can and the price will go up as far as people are willing to bid. A seller cannot cancel an auction once it has been put up, regardless of how much they actually wind up getting for the item compared to how much it is "worth", that is why selling high demand/value items on the auctions can be risky.

If someone does not want the risk of the auctions, they will ask for high priced items that are easy enough to sell on the trading post that will equal the value they want for the original item. The can then sell down the new items in the same way until they get into the range capable of selling within the NP limit on the trading post or auctions. So, the actual value of the item will not be a barrier to the item being sold. Usually, if this happens, the buyer contacts the seller to say what they have to offer to reach the price in items, or to ask what items the seller will be willing to accept. So, a limit really will not ever hinder what a person can/will bid for an item.

I just wanted to point out something to those people who were asserting that there is no good reason for TNT to place a limit on trading post prices at all. There is actually a direct technical limitation to the integer values TNT can handle on Neopets with PHP. Assuming they're running 32-bit server systems, the integer variables they can use probably have a range of 232 = 4294967296, meaning they can only handle values between -2147483648 and +2147483647. Go any higher, and you'll have to deal with floating point arithmetic, which is at times dangerously approximate.

That probably doesn't have much bearing on this conversation, but still, I thought I should point out the technicality. xD

I just wanted to point out something to those people who were asserting that there is no good reason for TNT to place a limit on trading post prices at all. There is actually a direct technical limitation to the integer values TNT can handle on Neopets with PHP. Assuming they're running 32-bit server systems, the integer variables they can use probably have a range of 232 = 4294967296, meaning they can only handle values between -2147483648 and +2147483647. Go any higher, and you'll have to deal with floating point arithmetic, which is at times dangerously approximate.

That probably doesn't have much bearing on this conversation, but still, I thought I should point out the technicality. xD

That is probably the best post I've ever read regarding Neopets. Ever.

That is probably the best post I've ever read regarding Neopets. Ever.

Agreed!

Well, I think enough to cover most paint brushes would be good, so somewhere around 10mil, maybe 15mil.

I wasn't even thinking of things in the billions. I don't think I'll ever have a billion NP. :laughingsmiley:

The idea of having a billion NP just blew my mind.

Curses! I am so poor!

Maybe only certain items could be allowed to go over a limit. Say, paint brushes would be an exception to the rule. I honestly have no idea how that could work or even what it accomplished, but it sounds good in my sleep depraved brain right now.

I wasn't even thinking of things in the billions. I don't think I'll ever have a billion NP. :laughingsmiley:

The idea of having a billion NP just blew my mind.

Curses! I am so poor!

Well, Neopets has to handle bank account values and other similar stuff through PHP as well, so I guess we can be fairly sure that nobody has that many Neopoints yet. xD

Well, Neopets has to handle bank account values and other similar stuff through PHP as well, so I guess we can be fairly sure that nobody has that many Neopoints yet. xD

True, also now that I'm fully awake (haha) a billion is such a HUGE number, completely incomprehensible. If anyone had that many NP, forget about it, it wouldn't even be fun anymore.

I'm struggling not to break out into a Carl Sagan reference so badly right now. (BILLIONS!)

I hope they raise it to at least 2 mil. It would make transactions a lot easier...

I understand how the Trading Post is for trading items and auction is for getting neopoints but I think that they should make the Trading Post offers unlimited (neopoints wise). It would mean the person trading could get their neopoints there and then and not have to go through with making an auction just so they can get the points there and then and not have to wait one hour.

On the other hand, when I did receive a Draik Morphing Potion from Sloth a few years back, I put it on the Trading Post and somebody offered me 9 million for it which I was going to accept. So I placed it on the auction but forgot to put the auction on neofriends only so random bidders started bidding on it an because I placed it on neofriends I ended up receiving 12.5 million for my potion.

I still agree with making the trading limit unlimited though.

I really hope TNT does do away with the NP limit on the TP. I can't remember the number of times I have had to convert pure into baby paint brushes in order to buy or sell pricey items and then have to resell the baby pbs for pure. It is a lot of extra hassle...neopets already eats up enough of our time. The limit should really be done away with.