Do you read books to your pet?

maldoror122

I am not really looking to save money for anything, so I've decided to spend it on books.

I am definitely not gonna get a trophy or anything, but do you guys find it worthwhile to give your pets a high intelligence? I kind of like it, just for bragging rights. It does show up on the pet's lookup, after all.

I wish there were more perks for pets with high intelligence. :( What do you guys think?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any free book I get I read to my main pet (iriskuppen). I have a pet which I read all books to which I can get my hands on (bunnymumbles), but with this rate, I doubt she gets in highscores any time soon.

I don't go out and buy books, unless they're cheaper, as I'm not focusing on raising my pet's intelligence at all costs. But when I get books, I generally read them. I'll read them to all my pets. 2 of my pets are Master Genius (91) and (85). Then my other is a Total Genius (59)

I did go through a stage of going out of my way to buy books but kind of gave up. But tdub is Ultimate genius (598), HarmBoer is Ultimate genius (114), FaithfulDarkness is just brilliant and ackorn is clever.

I'm like Viridian, Spritzie, and Engel - I read free books to my pets, but that's about it. What does intelligence do for your pets, anyway? It helps them a little in the Battledome and allows them to use certain weapons, right? Is there anything else?

Every book I can get my hands on, I give them to my Zafara :) Whether they were free or when I'm restocking.

I hope to someday get into the high scores :D been a dream of mine since I started neopets and I'm not gonna give up that easily =P

TNT stated somewhere on the NT like a month or ago or something about MAYBE making an avatar depending on intelligence levels...so who knows! My zafara already has over 1,200+ for intelligence.

Every book I can get my hands on, I give them to my Zafara :) Whether they were free or when I'm restocking.

I hope to someday get into the high scores :D been a dream of mine since I started neopets and I'm not gonna give up that easily =P

TNT stated somewhere on the NT like a month or ago or something about MAYBE making an avatar depending on intelligence levels...so who knows! My zafara already has over 1,200+ for intelligence.

That would be awesome :) Rewarding avid book readers with a very concrete perk.

I always read books to my main pet, but I don't go and buy them at the book store. I either get free ones or I'll buy them from the garage sale. She's an ultimate genius at 588 currently. I wish it did something! Maybe better prices at shops, i.e., you're smarter, you can negotiate better...or trick shopkeepers!

I have but right now I'm saving all items for the SDB Packrat Avatar.

My pet gained intelligence from Coltzan's Shrine so, I don't know if it's always worth reading books to your pet.

I don't think that helps with the trophy though.

Reading books to my book pet is my secondary hobby after customizing. I'm trying to eventually, in the very distant future, get on the Neopian Book Award list.

I read my pet all the books I can. I will occasionally go through phases where I go out and spend the money I've earned that day from dailies and playing games on books, but I don't withdraw from the bank to buy them.

Right now, I'm not in one of those phases....

I do it for bragging rights... you know, like building up any other collection (stamps, avvies, etc). It's all the same to me. It just looks more impressive.

I read my battledome pet books so that I can use weapons that require intelligence :)

EDIT: Since I also see that purchasing is another discussion of this topic, I will add that I purchase books whenever I get a surplus of neopoints. :) Sometimes 50k on one book.

I purchase books on whim xD Mostly I just read books to my pet if I get them. I have an odd habit of checking to see if a book I get is in my SDB first, if it is, then I read it to my pet, and if it's not, I chuck it into my SDB. My pet has a decent intelligence and all, but I don't have the neopoints to get a trophy xD

I am working towards getting all of my pets to be ULTIMATE GENIUSES, so far 3 of my pets are, with (95), (96), (97) and one is a Mega Genius at (50). It's hard sometimes to find books; there are like 22 that are only 200NP or less, but you have to read 51 books to achieve ULTIMATE GENIUS, so it can get pretty pricy (pricey?)

I bought a few Booktastic Books for my main pet and read him all the Key Quest books I got. Unless intelligence gains more significance in the battledome, that's probably all I'll do.

Personally I don’t buy many books, but the books I do come across in one manner or another, I read to my main pet. When I get books my pet has read I save them in my SDB until I have a decent number of them to put in my shop. That way my pet gets smarter and I make a profit. so to sum up books and my pets intelligence aren’t that important to me, but if a book just happens to come my way I'm more likely to use it then sell it, though if an avatar comes out I may just change my ways. :)

I don't generally purchase books some days I crave raising my Roasty's intelligence like chips though and I'll go out an buy truckloads of books xD

I really only read books to Quiggler513. He has the honorary booktastic award. I want to get him the gold but the books i need are so expensive. I will eventually have both booktastic and the normal book award but I don't really buy a lot of normal books. I pretty much buy the booktastic books that are less then a million points whenever I decide to look at the new ones.

Well, you could always go for the trophy and stuff!

That'd take a lot of work, though.

I've heard that some pets have read nearly every single book there is to read...I think.

Good luck though :) I like having one or all of my pets to have 100+ intellegence.