Do you read books to your pet?

maldoror122

Let's see I set a limit If a book is under 1,000 np I will buy a copy for each of my pets However, if it is more expensive I will read it only to my battling pet because I have one item that needs a certain level of intelligence to use. Other than that, I don't think my pet will be getting near a trophy anytime soon

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a friend with a neopet with 172 intelligence and I quite frankly don't see the point....but hey, it works for me since I sell her my books and I get to spend that money on other stuff.

Intelligence does show up on pet lookups but really, how many people in this world are going to look your pet up when there's millions of others to choose from? o.0

I love reading books to my pets. Primarily because I love reading myself. =] I mostly read the Lilianaveranaliciana. I haven't done so in a while though...

I used to go out of my way to buy books, but not so much anymore. I still splurge every now and then.

I don't specifically buy books for my pet to read, but if I get a book that's worth nothing I'll read it to my pet (:

Never get those anymore...

• 2 weeks later...

I started reading my pet books! And I have like 200 read. But for the longest time I just read to her what was given to me or what I won and then randomly I'll buy out books in a shop if I go to a shop looking for something and they have a lot of books! Now I have a book gallery too! Which would be much bigger if I didn't read the books to my pet first and then put the extras in there! I think its a total waste of money... but so is training or avatar collecting! You have to have SOMETHING to spend your money on or you'll just end up a bagillionaire scrooge! :laughingsmiley:

Sometimes I do go out of my way to buy books for my zafara. I have spent 100k on a bunch of books on a few occasions. I think it's just because I don't know what to save my neopoints for. I want to try to get onto the high score table for having the most books read one day but I just don't see it happening anytime soon :P I'll still try though!

I read books to my pet any time I get a book that's free and is worth less than 1,000 on the shop wizard. Occasionally I will shop for them but not too often. It would be nice to get a trophy for it but that's a ways into the future.

I read books to Rhedorhan...before that I read them to Darjelle first, but part of their characters is to be intelligent so I figured I might as well. Illoriyan only gets books if the other three have read them first so he's my dumbest pet. If they're worth a ton of neopoints though I'll probly sell them, but only because I'd rather have the morphing potions for my draiks than the intelligence points.

If I get any books I read them to my active. If she has read it I will move to the next pet and so on. If all of them have read it, it's probably really cheap so I donate it. :P

I'd sell a book rather than read it to her if it was worth more than about 10k. One day I will probably go out of my way to buy books and build her intelligence, but right now it isn't a priority.

i dont think i can beet the people on the regular book list, however on the booktastic books i buy as many as i can :evil: under 10 grand whenever i remember that is...

i also agree it is mostly for bragging rights, but who doesnt want those? :yes:

I really should read more books to my pets, but I don't. Why? Because frankly, it seems like a waste of money, as it has no use onsite. I mostly read my pets books that I get for free.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't. I have a pet that's 3,500 days old and still has never read a book. I brag more about that than I would if my pet has read a lot of books. Books are a waste of money, unless they add a perk to reading books. Maybe they could let you have an advantage in certain games if you've read a book about it.

My goal has always been to get the book trophy, but unfortunately the only way to get it would be to literally read every book in Neopia, so I've stopped trying as often. But anytime you get a free book totally read them to your pet.

I wish they had an avatar for how many books read or SOMETHING to make all the work worthwhile.