Welcome to The Daily Neopets Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Do you read books to your pet?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
159 replies to this topic

Judge of Paradise

Judge of Paradise

Cool Person

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Modern Art, Touhou
  • Neopets Username: ZoharSP
I remember I blew about 60k on books trying to get my Aisha over 100

I'm now reading free books to all my pets, but I'm trying to keep it that my Aisha is the smartest one.
Posted Image

It's all fun until someone gets hurt.

keithp

keithp

The Daily Neopets Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • None
All of my pets are Master Genius, or higher. I got all my books from the Money Tree! If you go on everyday you can get many books in a week!

Ditalion

Ditalion

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Neopets Username: Ditalion
Yes, i like a smart pet. I don't know why. one of my pets has read many books. The other much less

xSilverMistx

xSilverMistx

Neat Person

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:neopets, books, math, school
  • Neopets Username: demonkitty12345
i dont think i can beet the people on the regular book list, however on the booktastic books i buy as many as i can :evil: under 10 grand whenever i remember that is...

i also agree it is mostly for bragging rights, but who doesnt want those? :yes:
Posted Image
Posted Image

cute_kitty

cute_kitty

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Yep yep. I read all three of mine tons books. I try to keep them at the same level but it varies a bit depending on which books I get. :)

Never play leapfrog with a Uni!!! :P

Posted Image

Telly

Telly

Not-So-New Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Manly men, Drawing, Biting Sarcasm, Baseball, Webcomics.
  • Neopets Username: executablefile
I really should read more books to my pets, but I don't. Why? Because frankly, it seems like a waste of money, as it has no use onsite. I mostly read my pets books that I get for free.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Work is work, Eric. You don't show up late, you don't make excuses, and you don't not work. If it wasn't "work," they wouldn't call it work. They'd call it "super-wonderful, crazy-fun time!

quest_o_matic

quest_o_matic

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
I don't. I have a pet that's 3,500 days old and still has never read a book. I brag more about that than I would if my pet has read a lot of books. Books are a waste of money, unless they add a perk to reading books. Maybe they could let you have an advantage in certain games if you've read a book about it.

Posted Image

RayHumbert

RayHumbert

The Daily Neopets Zealot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Interests:Reading, History, Literature, Art of Small Talk..

and Fish
I used to read books that I randomly chance upon to my pets, now however, I will just sell books off or store in my SDB as most of the cheap books have already been read by my pets.

generation_apathy

generation_apathy

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
I'm slowly going to start spending more money on books. I like smart pets :)

Rae

Rae

Deer Lord

• Super Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:Music, going to shows, writing, reading, singing, partying, photography, having fun, hanging out, movies, etc. etc. I'm a normal girl lol
  • Neopets Username: raexnicolee
My goal has always been to get the book trophy, but unfortunately the only way to get it would be to literally read every book in Neopia, so I've stopped trying as often. But anytime you get a free book totally read them to your pet.

I wish they had an avatar for how many books read or SOMETHING to make all the work worthwhile.

Spritzie

Spritzie

Livvy's TDNStaffTwin

• Moderators
  • 18,728 posts
  • IRC Alias: Spritzie
  • IRC Moderator

I wish they had an avatar for how many books read or SOMETHING to make all the work worthwhile.

On this board, Flyingeevee mentioned that in a NT a few months ago, TNT mentioned maybe making an avatar for a certain level on intelligence.

I didn't trip, I was just testing gravity. Yep... it still works.

Uf5mwUr.png 
Signature set made by Hrtbrk.

Kuroida

Kuroida

I'm running out of ideas

• Super Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • Neopets Username: Kuroida
Well. I mentioned my friend who has a pet with 172 intelligence already....so yeah. I want to give my pet 169 intelligence now just for the fun of it (and so my pet doesn't seem like an idiot when I compare with my friend) :P

So whenever I get a free/cheap book I give it to my pet. But I don't want to go overboard just yet. Maybe when I'm done filling up my gallery
Posted Image
button made by the awesome celticlights

xCalliex

xCalliex

Cool Person

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Vidding, LGBTQ Activism, Christianity, Animal Rights, Once Upon A Time, Harry Potter, Doctor Who, Burton/Bonham Carter/Depp, Lana Parrilla <3
  • Neopets Username: ialwayslovett
My Kougra is 676 days old and is at the level of "Ultimate Genius (176)". I don't read to her every week...Heck, not even every month. But every once in a while when I'm on one of my collection shopping sprees, I'll scour around for books and pick up a "care package" for her. I just read a few to her this morning because of it being half-price day. Plus I just like being able to say my imaginary pet is a genius :P

Currently nursing unrequited love for Lana Parrilla.

"Wolves indeed..."
59443_fqd.gif

Kuroida

Kuroida

I'm running out of ideas

• Super Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • Neopets Username: Kuroida
With it being half price day I went out and bought 50 books for my pet...and only spent about 6K! :P
Posted Image
button made by the awesome celticlights

Paul214

Paul214

The Daily Neopets Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:Battledome and Avatars
  • Neopets Username: paul214308
My pet is at 155, but has read only 25 books. There are other ways to improve intelligence other than books. I can't remember them now, but I think there used to be a game that used to randomly increase intelligence while playing. There is also a battledome item that steals intelligence from your 2 player opponent. However most serious battledomers frown upon using it. There are also some Neggs that improve intelligence.
Posted Image

bobcat269

bobcat269

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I only started my account last week, and though I know I'll never get the trophies for reading books, I like to use it as something to aim towards. So I try and get my hands on as many books as I can

Kitti

Kitti

Not-So-New Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Halloween, photography, coding, graphic design, underwater basket weaving, chocolate, and (of course) NeoPets!
  • Neopets Username: kittidsiubhan
So far I only read books I win to my pets, after I've checked their value in SW. My favorite pet gets dibs on any new book, then I go down the list. If they've all read it (or don't want to read it) then it gets sold.

Angeló

Angeló

El Ángel Perdido

• FANTASTIC Members
  • 4,557 posts
  • Interests:Medicine , Music , Cinema , Literature , Science , History , Illusen
  • Neopets Username: darkobsession
  • None
On my old account that I lost I read about 150 books to my pet .. but that was 3 yrs ago ... I don't read books to them anymore ... hehe .. sometimes Coltzan or the Wheel of knowledge increase their intelligence and that's good enough for me

they aren't going to get a PhD anytime soon :graduated:

180665_res9_Angleboy.jpg

maldoror122

maldoror122

• Super Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

With it being half price day I went out and bought 50 books for my pet...and only spent about 6K! :P

Genius. I'll totally do that on December 3rd :)

August of Lake

August of Lake

The Daily Neopets Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Interests:Roleplaying games, cooking, and reading.
  • Neopets Username: augustoflake
I do, I just like the idea of having my pet read, though only one really reads. But she's at 1175 books. One of these days, I'm aiming for the book award, now I just read whatever I grab when I go on buying sprees.
Posted Image

Feel free to message if you want to trade: http://www.neopets.com/~Selrine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users