Do you read books to your pet?

maldoror122

like the many that have already posted..I only read those cheaper books that we get from where ever..hagan or whatnot.

I dont see a point in buying an expensive book to read but and get nothign out of it...

I doubt many people bother to click into your pets lookup anyway =/

my thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I decided to start reading tons of books to my baby lupe, so people would think "Haha, that's funny. A genius baby"

Now she's read over 120 books and counting. Not even CLOSE to the high scores list, but I just want her to be my current bookworm pet. Once all my other permies have reached my goal for them (my peophin on my side is going to be my gourmet foodie), then they switch.

I feel that books are more or less a money sink, though I do read the free ones from dailies/Key Quest to my pets. If you were going for intelligence for some reason and have played a long time, the Faerie Crossword is probably the more economical way to go... unless they release a book-related avatar someday.

I feel that books are more or less a money sink, though I do read the free ones from dailies/Key Quest to my pets. If you were going for intelligence for some reason and have played a long time, the Faerie Crossword is probably the more economical way to go... unless they release a book-related avatar someday.

It was mentioned previously on this board by Flyingeevee, that TNT has mentioned in a previous NT that they're thinking about making an intelligence based avatar.

I like to read books to Week_ayalat... (well, all I improve is about him ^^')

I like that if he reads a book, the item apears in a list so I can continue seeing it :P

Reading to my pet is not a high priority for me, but I have spent a lot on books over the years. My main pet is genius~(281).

Intelligence is probably about bragging rights then anything else. However, I have read some items require a certain level of intelligence to use.

For me, it is partially the collecting hook and other for fun :P

I like watching my neopet become smarter!

My only considerably smart pet is my lupe, who is a Master Genius (93).

He's only 37 days old!

I also really want them to release an avatar :O!

It would make it a bit more exciting.

I also really want them to release an avatar :O!

It would make it a bit more exciting.

I agree! I wanted to have a pet with high intelligence in case they released the avatar, so I started reading books to my Draik as soon as I hatched her, and she's now an Ultimate Genius 403. (She's read 243 books, the rest is from the wheels, Coltzan or the Faerie Crossword.)

I sometimes read the ones that I get that are either low cost but I don't go out of my way to read 'em all.

I usually improve the intelligence of my pets with cliffhanger and the daily crossword so that really isn't an issue.

im a huge dork and i love reading, taught myself how to at the age of 2 and was able to read well by the age of 3....soooo, salamandraise is my little smart girl. If/when I eventually start adopting from the pound for lab ray experiments, im not gonna force them to be readers but if they want them ill give them a few books

I have recently read my new pet, a Halloween Uni, his first book, aptly named "Evil Spells" .. I shall continue to do so. I will read him first the evil / witchcraft books .. then the other cheap ones out there like "Faellie tales" etc... but I won't go deeper than that ...

I Like reading books to my pet. There are a bunch of books you can get for under 100 NP. I Havent really been looking for books though, just when they come Ill read them. My pets Intelligence is only at 305. But I would like to get it high enough so I can use a crisp blue tunic in the bd

I noticed that when reading books, the book not always disappears from your inventory. I estimate that the chance is about once in every 25 books.

The pet says 'Im getting smarter!'

The result is that the book is in the booklist of the pet and still in the inventory. I was lucky it happened when I was reading a 10K book... :D

I would read my pets book even if there was never an avatar... However, it would be brilliant if they released an avatar.

Means people who have been on neopets for the long hall would get more perks.

I don't go out and buy books, unless they're cheaper, as I'm not focusing on raising my pet's intelligence at all costs. But when I get books, I generally read them. I'll read them to all my pets. 2 of my pets are Master Genius (91) and (85). Then my other is a Total Genius (59)

Jules is 397 :)

im saving all my other books (61 of them) in my SDB. after like 49 months you have a chance of keeping them after you read em. so im saving them until my accounts that old. which is in like um forever lol :)

Jules is 397 :)

im saving all my other books (61 of them) in my SDB. after like 49 months you have a chance of keeping them after you read em. so im saving them until my accounts that old. which is in like um forever lol :)

My Draik has the highest now (I made that post almost 6 months ago.) She's now an Ultimate Genius 489. Then my other 3 are UG 115, UG 125, and Master Genius 62.

I like reading books to my pets, because I love to read then it's something innate in me, I did not know was that solving the Faerie Crossword increased intelligence

I start it again.

neither knew they were going to get an avatar based on that, it is confirmed that?