Do you read books to your pet?

maldoror122

neither knew they were going to get an avatar based on that, it is confirmed that?

It was only stated that they were considering it, not that they were actually going to for sure. I haven't heard anything else, so at this point, I'd say it's still in the, thinking about it, stage.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was only stated that they were considering it, not that they were actually going to for sure. I haven't heard anything else, so at this point, I'd say it's still in the, thinking about it, stage.

mmm

ok thanks spirtzie

it's good to know to be prepared if suddenly TNT launches avatar soon.

I think intelligence can up rep.

like if your pet is a permanent pet, and it has good BD stats + intelligence + BC trophies, people will go gaga over it and automatically respect you more.

It's not like BC trophies do anything but people still love them o_O

To be honest, i only read books for my pet in the hope that one day i will get a trophy. It was one of my goals when I first started neopets all those years ago (old account). I only have one pet and she has read 110 books and 75 booktastic books - i know its not a lot but i will be up there one day!! **with my fingers crossed**

• 2 weeks later...

I rarely spend nps on books, but if I get a free book, I always read it to my main pet. I'm no where near getting the trophy for it...but it's still fun to do.

I most certainly do. However, I usually give them books that are either cheap or free. Also, it can happen when I'm shopping for cheap food for my pets I might come across one my pet has not read yet. My Aisha is currently the smartest, I want all of them to be something like ULTIMATE GENIUS or something. (I also play lots of Faerie Crossword which can do this as well).

It's also convenient to keep a list of that annoying thing I call "Coding" which blocks certain items from your pet. This helps so that I know whether or not to change the language before giving the book to them (I always count the letters first, that includes spaces!)

• 2 weeks later...

I read books to my main pet (Senandy) and hope to, one day, get her in that list of most-read books or something, but I'm not trying really hard. If I have free books leftovers, they go to my second pet, and if that one read it too then my third pet. Since I don't really do it much I'll probably never get it, lol! Maybe one day I'll get obsessed with it again and start buying books in bunches.

I read books to my baby pet Mytachi. Currently working on getting the booktastic trophie...wich is going really slow since I reached the 500k mark x_x why must they be so expensive? Every once in a while I'll buy some books to check off the list. Mytachi still needs to read 2213 books before he has read them all and 22 booktastic books...I seriously have nothing else to spend my neopoints on XD

The book-buying stopped happening when I spent pretty much all my NPs on a Ghostkerbomb during the Faeries Ruin plot.

Maybe it will resume one day.

As of right now though, I'm at:

Intelligence: ULTIMATE GENIUS (2461), with almost 1,500 books read, I believe.

• 2 weeks later...

I read them if I find them, or if I see them cheap, but that's it.

that's my philosophy as well. i remember back in 2002, when i had read 70 books and that was considered amazing. xD now i see people running around with 3000 books read, and i honestly don't have the time nor money to keep up with all that. :laughingsmiley:

• 2 weeks later...

V00D00 has read 100 book(s).

i know he's not my battle pet , but I made it a personal achievement for him :)

also ,,, not that it makes any difference, but I mostly read him the books about Unis, Magic, Spells and Curses, Spooky Stories , Halloween And Sakhmet (since he's a Halloween Uni) .. and a few "cute" books like My First Babaa and Gardening lol

Guest ErikaChristine

All my pets are ultimate genius, but I don't really have a high level on any of them. My top pet, Thyllia, has read 191 books and has an intelligence of 319. My goal is eventually to get her to 1000.