HAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY THE DAILY NEOPETS

Ian

A belated happy birthday to TDN! :D (Seems like I'm not failing to keep up my lateness reputation xD )

I guess I don't really have that much to say... I found TDN when I was randomly inspired to search for some sort of web page with Altador Plot help, back in my newbie days. TDN's coverage was excellent and highly up-to-date, so I stuck around, and eventually ventured onto the forums. I lurked around for a few months, but gradually started to post here and there until I found that I'd become part of the community (Metroid's Comics helped a lot in that respect I suppose). As time went on after that, I became a (somewhat spammy) top poster and well-known member.

Like many others, I've had waaay too many good times here to pick out a favourite memory. :P

But why was this annonced so late in the day?

Time zones. :yes:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy birthday TDN!! :)

Thanks Ian, the other staffers, and all the members for making this community truly great. Favourite memory? Hmm...maybe (failing horribly at) the Kalium Echo plot...or the 'REAL LIFE PLUSHIE GIVEAWAY' that had crazy amounts of posts everywhere. xD

This is actually my 1000th post, after years of epic amounts of lurking. Whoo! xD

=Cameron=

@Anime: Ian steals all articles when someone is removed from the content panel. (Bad Ian!)

The first post I remember making on the forums was to wish happy birthday to Jasper. (TJ, please don't cry!) And I also remember that Matt had welcome me when I introduced myself. I kept coming to TDN for their awesome NEWS, and eventually I saw that they were looking for translators of Lost Isle plot coverage, so I applied to do French translation and I got the position. Basically, Anime was writting the coverage in English, and as soon as it was posted, I would translate it and email it to Samuel who was head of content at that time. I also became more active on the forums at that time and later on, I applied for content staff that summer! At that time, TDN had about half the amount of staff members than it has now. We used to hang on msn together until hours that are not decent to name and to come up with crazy ideas! There's one night that TJ and I were put on event coverage and fca coverage. We went to bed at like midnight, and woke up at 3am to do it :P

Woo, happy B-day TDN.

This has become my favourite site and i've met somany amazing people here, as well as had many great memories. Lets hope the next 5 years wil be just as great(Even if I wasn't here for the ENTIRE last 5 years and don't really know what it was like 3 or so years ago. :P)

Yay! Happy birthday TDN!

I stumbled upon TDN late in the game (I'd been playing Neopets for over 7 years when I discovered TDN.) I never knew there were Neopets help sites that had avatar info, dailies lists (I always keep record of where to go, how often, when, etc on a note pad by my computer.) Then I got married last year and my husband started searching help/daily sites. I was amazed he found some, so I did my own search and found TDN. It was the most organized and I just loved it. I stalked it in secret for awhile, then I finally joined the forums when the Moltara Worm Quest was released. :)

And I'll never be anywhere else but here. The site is the best out there, as well as the staff and members that make up the community.

Happeh Birthday you big piece of pixels TDN!

I remember first coming because I typed in 'Neopets Game Cheats' or something on the line of that and I think TDN was at the top of the list so I just came here. Then thre was AotA (Which was clearly the worst plot ever, but I wanted a trophy), but before that was the Halloween plot when Jerry went missing, so I stuck like glue and tryed to complete it. And there was talking on the forums which all leads up to now so I've been here for not too long.

A little bit late to the topic, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY TDN!

I first found TDN when my friend (BlackJaguar, or BJ) got a job here. :yes:

My favorite memories are the Altador Cup coverage this year and the late night chats surrounding it. :)

Hooray! =] Happy birthday TDN! Can't believe it's 5 years old already. Seems like only yesterday we were panicking nobody would complete Kalium Echo on time and rescue the servers from Gerald's evil hands. If you didn't get a chance to play it, you can read more about it on it's TDN page. Good times were had!

Good to see so many familiar faces knocking around here even now I'm getting old. Hope to see another 5 years in the future at least!

All the best,

Matt. :)

Happy birthday TDN!! Its incredible... 5 years! nice! I'm sure TDN is the biggest Neopets® help site.

I got involved with their awesome avatar solver, and the altador plot aswell. Nice guys everyone here makes TDN more interesting I hope this large familly grows even bigger as time pass.

Felicidades!

お目出度うご座います

Happy birthday! I didn't realise you'd been around 5 years!

I only got involved through the dailies page and eventually got dragged into the forum! Once I found the avatar guides, plot guides and everything else I was hooked!

I seem to be late..... I guess nobody sent me a memo! :P

Anyway, I forget why I came to TDN, but I think I started by going to thedailyneopets.com for guides, and then I saw the forums. I'm glad I found them, though. :)

Happy Birthday TDN!!! ^_^

Man...this site was really a big help to me back when I was still confused about some aspects with Neopets and I can't give enough thanks to not only the site, but to all the wonderful people that run and support it!

My first time finding this place was back when I saw a lot of userlookups have graphics and such from here so I knew I had to check it out myself :)

Again, Happy Birthday and keep on going strong :yes:

OMG ITS TDN's 5TH BIRTHDAY!!!! Happy Birthday!!!! *puts on party hat and throws confetti* Wait, someone already did that.

Anyways, I came to TDN after using the dailies for a while. I was a mere newbie on Neo when I joined TDN (I was hmmm...roughly 3 months). Now I am proudly one year on Neo and almost one year on TDN!! Woot woot! I am so happy to be on TDN and I hope that I am still here five years hence. *gets all teary and mushy*

Aww, my baby's all grown up! :*

HAPPY 5th Birthday!!! Wow, 5 already :)

Google led me here, I needed Neopets help x)

I love TDN, some of my best NeoFriends where found through here. And some of they're mostly staff members as well xD

I have lots of great memories of TDN. But "You're not prepared" has to be number one. I always remember it, especially when I'm on my dad's laptop because that was what I used during the occasion. It's made my ribs hurt with laughter which was hard to contain as I moved down to the living room which was filled with family members xD Great times, absolutely great times :yes:

It does not matter how late the announcement is. However, it matters a lot more that TDN has turned 5 years old!

Yes it does matter. Now I have less time to celebrate. :P

I have lots of great memories of TDN. But "You're not prepared" has to be number one. I always remember it, especially when I'm on my dad's laptop because that was what I used during the occasion. It's made my ribs hurt with laughter which was hard to contain as I moved down to the living room which was filled with family members xD Great times, absolutely great times :yes:

It's mine too. It's hard to believe that it all started because I was paranoid enough to ask if there was a hacker among us because of that message above.

First off: AWESOME SWEET CAKES HAPPY B-DAY TDN!! :D

I don't know what drew me here. I think I was just looking for another forum to join after my last one died off. Who'd think I'd still be visiting after over 4 years. :3

I have a lot of nice memories. The Chinese Banquet, Silence! RPing, the whole "You are not prepared" thing, the Where's Ian plot...even Kalium Echo a little bit. :P

So Ian. Are motorcycles still hatin' us?

Yay! Happy 5th Birthday TDN!! :laughingsmiley:

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above. Smilies do not contribute to the post count.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I have a lot of nice memories. The Chinese Banquet, Silence! RPing, the whole "You are not prepared" thing, the Where's Ian plot...even Kalium Echo a little bit. :P

I'm really starting to wish I was around for Kalium Echo. Sounds like it was great.