Alternative cures not working!!

jrtalon

Hi my pet has blurry vision since the main cure is hardly in the pharmacy and costs 40000 neopoints and up from the shop wizard I discovered this site and this page http://www.thedailyneopets.com/articles/diseases-and-cures/ I tried both the black black mushrooms and minor healing ointment. When I gave her the ointment it said something like "it appear to have no affect" and "Uggh, no thats not the right medicine. I feel terrible :('" I spent a few thousand neopoints purchasing these items. Someone in charge should correct that page before others needlessly waste their neopoints on cures that don't work.

From our guide :

For each disease, the Neopian Pharmacy cure (first column) has a 100% chance to heal your pet - the cures from the Lost Desert Medicine shop or from Remarkable Restoratives may not work the first time you try them.

So it means that only the remedy in the first column is sure to heal your pet on the first try. The others are sort of gamble.

Free way to cure your pet is to visit the healing springs. :)

Also, if you play enough games, you can earn 40,000 NP in just one day, so you might want to think about just paying for it. Up to you, though, of course.

If it says that it's appears it's not the right med, then it's not meant for that disease. Tch, should've seen this coming when applebobbing started giving that disease out to stock 50 of them.

My pet defiantly has 'Blurried Vision' and that's what it said when I gave tried giving it Dried Black Mushrooms. Tried it different languages too which works when the pet doesn't like a particular book but no such luck.

I actually got the same thing, and decided that was too expensive. So, I went and spun the wheel of misfortune, got the disease first time out(I think it's random), I got Neggitus, which was 140np cure, instead. Or you can try the poisonous jelly trick, but the cure for that is up there too, about 10,000 last I looked.

I do believe the Healing Springs is only giving out items right now. (Or at least that's all I've been getting.) But the Wheel of Knowledge also has a spot where it completely heals your pet(s).

I know that the spring is only giving out items. That is why I said "wait until the FR plot is over". Presumably, all of the faerie land stuff will be fixed once the plot is over, and the plot is up to chapter 10. It shouldn't be a long wait. :)

There's a big chance that the alternative cures won't work the first time ... that's why they're cheaper .. my pet once had neomonia and I tried 3 warm green blankets in vain , so I ended up spending 15k while the original cure (Medicinal Soap is 10-11k) hehe ..

You can, however, try one of the following :

- Spin the Wheel of Knowledge .. if you land on the Faerie your pet will be healed (400 np - once daily)

- Feed your pet Poisonous Lolly .. or several of them .. this will give your pet Floppy Tongue.

- Spin the Wheel of Misfortune .. it can get your pet sick with a different disease ... but the disease is usually random .. so there's no guarantee you'll get a disease that's cheap to cure .. but usually it is Neggitus or NeoPox .. you can spin every two hours ..

P.S another alternative cure for Blurred Vision is Finely Ground Bean Powder (about 2500 np)

Hope I helped :)