Team Captain Interview: "Wizard" Windelle of Team Meridell

Lydia Trebond

Obligatory disclaimer: This news report is largely fictional, composed from various fan comments and the whims of our imagination in an attempt to inspire a sense of realism through our reporting. While we do our best to keep things reasonably neutral, this report is in no way intended to be a completely bias-free representation of the parties involved, nor does it claim to provide critical analysis of past and potential outcomes from qualified Altador Cup experts. If professional analysis is what tickles your fancy, take a look at our predictions (global/daily).

<b>Despite the fact that the Altador Cup sign-ups have officially started, here at The Daily Neopets we’ve gotten the chance for an exclusive interview with the captain of the Meridell team, “Wizard” Windelle! Having placed 8th in Altador Cup V, and with an injured player, Mr. Windelle may be able to share some thoughts on how to improve this year’s standing.</b>

micon_meridell.gif

<b>So Mr. Windelle -</b>

Windelle: Call me Wiz, please! Let’s not stand on formalities.

<b>Of course, uh, Wiz, thank you for taking your time to talk with us today. How do you think your team will do this year?</b>

Windelle: Well we need to get some slingshots so our Slushie Slinger points increase, after that I think we’ll have a much better chance of doing well. Of course, it’s all up to the fans. We’ve got a great fan base.

<b>Slushie Slinger is your known weakness. Are you happy with the other rankings?</b>

Windelle: Well of course there is always room for improvement, but Slushie Slinger is our weak point, so if we can focus on that without sacrificing points anywhere else, I think we’ll do a lot better this year. Of course, our strength is yooyuball and if we continue improving the way I saw in practice this year, I can only expect our ranking to go up. Our fans are our lifeblood, though, so who knows!

<b>Yes of course, the fan base. Do you think that it will have changed much from last year?</b>

Windelle: I’m afraid we’ll have lost some of our fan base, but that’s to be expected, with Faerieland being the center of attention with the latest plot, as well as placing 8th last year. Our true fans will remain with us though, and they are the ones who count. We did do some to drum up fans by raising money for Faerieland, and the junior yooyuball team was a hit in Meri Acres.

<b>Yes, I saw that in the press release about your team this year. I’m not surprised you think you’ll have people jump ship - what do you think your chances are for this year?</b>

Windelle: Well, our two less experienced players - Gregorio Maille and Yoris Obbles - have been training hard since last year, much more seasoned - and we only use the best spices! (chuckle) But in all seriousness, I’m hoping to end in the top five, I don’t want another embarrassing year like Altador Cup IV!

<b>I’m sure all of your fans are hoping for the same. Of course, we were told that Gregorio Maille was injured in the Battledome recently - do you think the sprained tail will affect his play?</b>

Windelle: Well that tale was one he told us expecting it to be a tale not to be told to the press. The tale of the tail is a long tale indeed, but we hope that the tail does not tell the end of Gregorio’s part of our tale in the Cup. Do you wish to hear more of the tale? I think I could continue telling more of the tale of the tail without Gregorio minding too much.

<b>Uh...</b>

Windelle: Well, the tail end of the tail got sprained when he was trying to block an attack by Punchbag Bob - I’m not entirely sure how he managed that one - and it sounds like a tall tale to me, but he says that’s what happened. This tall tale of the tail tells a lot about Gregorio’s determination though - we heard the tale and told him he had better not tail - trail - behind otherwise his tail was getting told to get lost.

<b>So do you think that the tale - tail - will affect how he plays? </b>

Windelle: Unless it sprains again, I don’t think the tail will cause a different tale to be told in the way he plays.

<b>How fascinating. Well, that’s all we have time for, check back for more interviews with team captains! </b>

Windelle: But wait! There are more tales to be told about our tails!

<b>No, really, that’s all we have time for, don’t you need to be practicing?</b>

Windelle: Oh right. But I could tell one more tale about a tail...

<b>Goodbye now.</b>

Windelle: Fine. Bye.

Great interview, as I always see in TDN.

But I would really like to see a rookie get interviewed. Like the new players that entered their first ever Altador Cup, like Rhee Solters or "Spikes" Barmie. That'd seem like an interesting conversation.