Donate vs Discard ???

Angeló

190 members have voted

1. 1. Donate or Discard ??

• Donate
    • Discard

when you clean out your inventory .. do you donate the items to the money tree or discard them ?

i personally discard all junk ... and only donate items worth around 200-500 np (some esophagor quest prizes) to the money tree ... junk is hugely reproduced on a daily basis (imagine how many people play tombola and fishing etc) and we don't need anymore of those items cluttering up the money tree and the shops , trading post etc ...

what about you ??

For me, I just discard all of my useless prizes I get from the dailies. It just sickens me to see all of that junk cluttering the Money Tree.

I always donate, though I never really clear my inventory like that. Never know when stuff may come in useful. And it was good to chuck it in my SDB en route to getting the avatar (:

Like Gammarax said, they're useful for bidding on trades. And part of the fun of the Money Tree is just in getting an item, after all... :P At least for me it is!

I always donate somewhat useful junk, like KQ prizes that I have 5 of but a newbie might not have. If it's something like a shoe from underwater fishing then it's discarded.

I usually donate everything I don't need that I don't consider worth anything. One person's junk is another's treasure (or perhaps food stock if you have a Grarrl, Skeith or Jetsam. lol).

I rarely discard...I mean, its not like rotting driftwood is gonna inflate b/c everybody is discarding it :) fishing junk is fishing junk :P Though the reason I donate is because I kind of agree with some people that people shouldnt just get awesome items for free. If I was gonna give away a PB, it deeply discount it @ TP, but not give away for free

I tend to discard things like fishing junk just because I tend to wait until I have a lot of it before I do anything about it so I don't want to clutter the Money Tree. I donate anything worth more than a couple np. Or sometimes put it in my shop. While emptying out my SDB from packrat, I made quite a bit of points just selling everything for a few neopoints.

I like donating, personally. I have fun just getting stuff from the Money Tree &, as others have said, I'll use junk items for bidding or sell in my shop to help those going for the Packrat avvie. I don't see the point in discarding it because it was given/won by me (virtually) so maybe someone else can win too, even if it is junky or cheaper than other things.

I tend to discard things like fishing junk... I don't want to clutter the Money Tree. I donate anything worth more than a couple np. Or sometimes put it in my shop.

^ This.

I used to donate all my junk until someone brought it to my attention that it's a really jerky thing to do.

i would donate because when i got my packrat avatar, i wasn't about to discard my items incase someone else wanted to get the packrat avatar too. So i just mass donated about 800 items xD

I donate anything that could be even slightly useful. I try to remember that there was a time when I was a beginner and anything I could get my hands on was worth it. I mean now that I am a veteran player I wish the money tree was so cluttered with junk, but I remember how my shop use to mostly sell one point MT junk. You never know when someone is starting a gallery or picking up a new hobby. It may seem like junk to us, but books, food, weapons, stamps, etc. Can really help new players, and of course like other people said, the pack rat avatar is impossible without MT junk.

I actually wrote an article in The Neopian Times that is very relevant to this subject, if anyone cares to read it: Secrets of the Money Tree

I usually discard totally useless items (like fishing junk and the Tombole "gift" items) and gross food, but I donate things that a newbie may find useful- plushies, cheap toys, some food.

I'm one of those people who likes to donate stuff. If I do, I donate things like Petpet lab map pieces, TDMBGPOP prizes and random useful stuff like omelettes.

I rarely ever discard stuff unless it's random (and usually useless) crap like obsidian, fishing prizes, etc.

I usually put my stuff in free trade. Minor healing potions, omlettes that I don't use, basic weaponry, even seaweed. I just put "free trade" in the wishlist and accept the first offer I get (or the best offer in cases where people bid at the same time and I end up with 3 offers by the next page refresh). Even if they offer a single junk item, I'd rather have 1 junk item than 10. And some people specifically collect junk. Don't know why, but I've met them :S