Question about transferring neopets

linsta

I recently came back after a 7+ year hiatus and the whole transferring pets thing is new to me. There is one part I'm kind of unclear on...

If each account is limited to 1 transfer per month, does this count as both sending and receiving? For example, if I send a pet, will I still be able to receive a pet or will I have to wait a month?

----

Maybe after hearing my reason, someone will be able to help me out with my problem:

When I quit 7 years ago, I think that I gave my 2 draiks to friends, and they have been transferred to new people by now. One of the owners offered to trade me back my old draik in exchange for a krawk. Of course, I just came back so I don't have the np to afford one, but I happened to get a fountain faerie quest today, so I was hoping I could offer a non-limited edition pet with a rare colour instead! But before I can make the offer, I need to check that I can safely do the transfer.

Problem #1: my account is only a week old, and I believe I read that I can't receive limited-edition pets until it is 4 months old. So, I can't get my draik!

Solution: I have access to a side account that is 7 years old, so I can receive the pet on there.

This leads to Problem #2: The pet I would be offering to trade will be on my new account, and I would need to receive the draik on my old account.

This means that I wouldn't be able to do a direct swap.. I have to offer to send a pet on one account, and receive a pet on another. Will that person be able to both accept my offer as well as send one at the same time? Is this risky or is there a safe way to do it? This would involve the other person doing 1 send and 1 receive.

Alternatively, if it's not possible to do a send/receive in the same month, I could send the painted pet to my old account (1 send), and then do a swap from there.

Just to make sure, I would have to wait a month after I receive the pet to do a swap right?

----

Sorry if this is kind of long and/or obvious! I just want to make sure I'm doing this the best/safest way, since I'm totally new to the transfer option.

Also, if anything I've suggested is against the rules, please let me know so I don't make that mistake ^^;

------

Edit: I'm mainly wondering about this because if I have to wait a month, I can MAYBE save up enough for a krawk by then so I'd rather just trade the krawk than use up my FFQ.

I am certain there are people here more knowledgeable than me on this topic, but I will try to explain as best as I can. You could also take a look at this article which has a nice section on transfer http://www.thedailyneopets.com/articles/neopian-pound/ .

So, basically, your 7 year old account has more than one transfer per month - 4 if I remember correctly, but they are listed in the article. So with that in mind, you could use it to more freely transfer pets around.

However, your 1 week account won't be able to receive the pet for a while - although I can't find where exactly it was stated, I do believe there's a minimum account age required, and that it's 3 months. For certain, 1-week old accounts won't be able to receive the transfer (I have a two-week old side and it still says it's too young to use the transfer function).

And a transfer is a transfer no matter the direction, so you will be using up 1 transfer no matter if you are receiving the pet or sending it, so you should keep in mind the age of the account of the other person as well.

Hope I helped a bit and good luck getting your pet back!

Just thought I'd clarify:

You only send a pet to another account a certain number of times per month. You may only accept a pet from another account the same number of times per month as well.

Source: http://www.thedailyn.../neopian-pound/

So your 7 year old account has 8 transfers, 4 sending and 4 receiving.

You can't transfer OUT rare colours/species from accounts below 4 months either. I found this out when my BF lovingly adopted and painted my dream pet for me, yet he couldn't transfer it because his account was only 3 months old. He got an error when trying 0:)

Unfortunately, if you got that FFQ on your new account, you will need to wait 4 months to trade out the pet you paint with it.

Also, indirect trades are perfectly fine with the rules. It happens a lot. But it involves a lot more trust for the one who sends their pet first.

Yea, I guess I will be saving for that krawk potion then, and I can just do a direct swap on my 7yr old account which makes things easier.

Yeah, it's always better to do a direct trade if you can. At least Krawks are much cheaper than draiks.

Keep doing those Anchor Management/Forgotten Shore dailies though, for the chance of a Draik Egg or Magical Krawk Plushie ;)

Why does TNT say you can only do one transfer a month if it's actually more than that?

It's a perk they added for older account, later on.

Typically, TNT let us guess and discover those perks. ;)