The Daily Neopets Forums have gotten an upgrade!

Ian

Hello everybody!

TDN Forums have gotten a massive upgrade. We've upgraded to Invision Power Board 3.2. You'll notice that TDN Forums has an entirely new style (although the same theme). We're really excited about this release! Some major things that have been updated are:

• New rich text editor
  • Instant quick reply
  • Forum profiles
  • Forum and topic views
  • Improved account controls

New features include:

• Autosave draft in editor
  • "Like" reputation
  • Tagging
  • And more...

One of the biggest changes is that the concept of avatars has been phased out. Avatars are now referred to as profile pictures. Due to this change, all profile pictures and avatars have been deleted or reset. Also with this change: TDN Forum's "Personal Photo" policy has been entirely phased out. Profile pictures should be treated much like social media sites like Facebook and Twitter; keep them entirely appropriate like you would anywhere else.

If you have any more questions, feel free to post here. :) We're happy to help. Enjoy!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only problem is... the Like Buttons don't work for some odd reason.

Also, having a profile pic as your avatar seems a bit different in my opinion. It's worth getting used to in my opinion. :P

Besides all that, the new forum looks decent with the IPB 3.2 style if you ask me, though I'll miss the old look.

Interesting, very interesting. I was quite confused about this until you posted. I thought I was just really dumb and accidently changed my theme yesterday of something. 2 questions:

What is the Calendar button supposed to do? Because it doesn't do anything although I'm supposing it has some sort of monthly something something :rolleyes_anim:

Why is the IP.Board's theme, the blue logo not match the other blues around it? JK you're working on it now I suppose because the logo just disappeared.

Edit: New question: How do I get to my watched topics to see what's new? I see the 'New Content' button but there doesn't seem to be a watched topics link from there.

Edit again: Woops, okay found it, sorry about that. Guess I need to learn to read better. If anyone else was wondering you have to click the thing that says 'just the topics I follow' to see your watched topics.

Whoa... I kinda like this change, but it'll be hard to get used to.

I especially like the "like" button and the fact that you can tag.. :D

Took me a while to figure out how to change the color.. :P

It might just be me, but the smileys look very slightly changed.

How do you tag.... :P

And while I was typing, a message came up that said two more people posted.. I like it!

Overall, nice change! :D

This is awesome!

I use another forum that's laid out exactly like this and it's far more fun ^_^ Good job!!

Does the 400 post count rule still apply? I take it it does as I cant find a profile picture option on my settings anywhere :S

Have another question.. since the Profile Pictures concept has mixed in with avatars and the rules for it are gone, does this mean that we're allowed to post pictures of ourselves as an avatar even if we're under 13?

EDIT: The 400 post rule count still applies.. :/

EDIT: The 400 post rule count still applies.. :/

I'm almost there! :P

I was also wondering about the follow topics option; in the forum I use with the same layout it's possible to follow all topics that you post on, I cant find the option for it here. Is that possible or do we have to click follow for each topic individually?

I was also wondering about the follow topics option; in the forum I use with the same layout it's possible to follow all topics that you post on, I cant find the option for it here. Is that possible or do we have to click follow for each topic individually?

If you click your user name in the top right, then click 'My settings' then click 'Notification options' then check the box that says "Auto follow topics I reply to." under the category 'topics and posts'. Then it will auto follow the topics you post in.

If you click your user name in the top right, then click 'My settings' then click 'Notification options' then check the box that says "Auto follow topics I reply to." under the category 'topics and posts'. Then it will auto follow the topics you post in.

Aha! Thank you ^_^. Seems it was already clicked but I hadn't chosen my notification method yet so it wasn't working :P

The new changes are wonderful! ^_^ I love the new layout.

I have a question though; I've looked elsewhere and just can't seem to find an answer - what are the rules regarding uploading an image of yourself as your avatar/picture? Is it allowed here?

The new changes are wonderful! ^_^ I love the new layout.

I have a question though; I've looked elsewhere and just can't seem to find an answer - what are the rules regarding uploading an image of yourself as your avatar/picture? Is it allowed here?

Yes it's allowed. We just ask that you keep your photos appropriate, just like you would anywhere else you'd upload personal pictures.

Yes it's allowed. We just ask that you keep your photos appropriate, just like you would anywhere else you'd upload personal pictures.

Ah right, thankyou very much! And of course. :) I just didn't know if it was allowed or not considering the rules on neopets itself regarding the matter. Cheers!

I dislike this new look, the "view new content" page is just confusing

I agree with this. While I've found my watched topics, it doesn't seem to be working. For some reason even though the top of this page says I am watching this topic, it's not in my 'followed topics' list o_O

Also, it's super annoying that hitting command then left on my mac takes me back a page instead going to the beginning of my line while typing even though command right still takes me to the end of my sentence. Can I change that some how?

Layout is gpnna take some getting used to. I liked the old IP one.

Oh well, atleast theres a like feature.

RIP profile pics, i'm using my old avvie for that cause I don't want my face all over the boards. Just on my profile.