So what are you reading?

Lauren_x

Basically this:

http://www.tdnforums...stening-to-now/

But with books! From the sounds of the introduction posts there are a load of bookworms out there at TDN :)

So I thought we could post what we've read recently/are reading, and rate it!

I'll start - I've just finished reading the God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy and I loved it. It was beautiful and captivating and I had to read some paragraphs several times just to memorise the wonderful turns of phrase.

10/10

I'm reading The Rebel by Albert Camus ...

I love philosophy .. but this one is too hard :D it's about post-World War II Europe so I have to mentally jump to that era in order to comprehend the state of mind he was in ...

so far it's 6/10 ...

I've just finished reading Destined, a House of Night novel and it was great. The series is written by P.C. and Kristin Cast.

House of Night rating 8/10 it's very well written but jumps around between characters a little too much sometimes and drags the story line out.

I've been working on Thirst No.1 by Christopher Pike since September and am about 1/4 the way through and so far its really good.

Too early for a rating.

My all time favourite is Tamora Pierce's Protector of the Small Quartet, particularly the novel Lady Knight. Such an inspiring story.

10/10 my absolute favourite series/book

I love reading. :D I go through books and authors way too quickly.

I'm currently reading The 8th Confession by James Patterson. It's in the Woman's Murder Club Series. It's one of my mom's favorite series, and I had book 10 at home, to return to the library for her, and ended up reading it and really enjoying it.

Basically this:

http://www.tdnforums...stening-to-now/

But with books! From the sounds of the introduction posts there are a load of bookworms out there at TDN :)

So I thought we could post what we've read recently/are reading, and rate it!

I love this idea!! Thanks for starting the topic!

My all time favourite is Tamora Pierce's Protector of the Small Quartet, particularly the novel Lady Knight. Such an inspiring story.

10/10 my absolute favourite series/book

:thumbsup: I love Tamora Pierce! I haven't read that one yet, though. Maybe eventually...

Okay, so... the last thing I read was The Art of Racing in the Rain, and it was much better than I thought it'd be. Very sad, though... I cried alot - in the beginning and again at the end. But I'm an easy crier.

And currently I'm reading The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. I can't say the translator did a good job, but the plot is great. <_<

YES, THIS IS AWESOME. :D

Besides FanFiction you mean? XD

I just finished Vanishing Acts by Jodi Picoult. I love her. <3

Jodi Picoult... I think she's overrated, but I do love the court scenes in her story.

I just read The pact by Picoult... I'd give it a 7/10.

Hooray for all the book-love going on in here :D Makes my heart warm. I started Insomnia by Steven King today. I've got to admit I do love a bit of Steven King. I thought It was wonderful. Also really enjoyed Cell. This one looks to be another good'un but I'm only a couple chapters in.

I love reading. :D I go through books and authors way too quickly.

I'm currently reading The 8th Confession by James Patterson. It's in the Woman's Murder Club Series. It's one of my mom's favorite series, and I had book 10 at home, to return to the library for her, and ended up reading it and really enjoying it.

James Patterson's really good - we bought my grandma the Women's Murder Club series and I've read a couple of those. I love a good murder me ;)

And currently I'm reading The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. I can't say the translator did a good job, but the plot is great. <_<

Ooooh I loved that series...apart from all the product placement and sometimes ridiculously pointless description. Like seriously how many times do we need to know that he went and got a sandwich or a Billy's Deep Pan Pizza or whatever they're called, or used his MacBook heehee.

Besides FanFiction you mean? XD

I just finished Vanishing Acts by Jodi Picoult. I love her. <3

Oh gosh I can't even count all the many Picoult books I've read over the years. My favourites have to be My Sister's Keeper and also Songs of the Humpback Whale

YES, THIS IS AWESOME. :D

Whoop! :P

Hooray for all the book-love going on in here :D Makes my heart warm. I started Insomnia by Steven King today.

I'm reading Misery next, after I finish my current - Ugly by Constance Briscoe.

I've rad carrie, that was creepy. King gets a 9.5/10 for Carrie, under creepy factor!

:whistle: I've read through the whole series now. I brought home books 6-9 on Wednesday, and already finished all of them.

I'm out of books I haven't read yet, so I'm now re-reading Category 7 by Bill Evans. It's a disaster book and it's one of my favorites of all-time. I definitely recommend it. This will be my 4th read-through.

I'm not actually reading anything at the moment since I just arrived in Spain and I'm trying to learn some Spanish, but soon I'm going to start a book called "Come Thou Tortoise" I started it a few years ago and it was really funny, so I'm going to start it again and finish it this time! I refuse to read Steven King because I get REALLY scared REALLY easy!

I absolutley love to read! I finished reading 13 Treasures #2: 13 Curses by Michelle Harrison. I absolutely loved it! It had 485 pages in it and only took me two days to read. Now I'm reading The Book of Lost Things By John Connolly.

Ooh I love that book! It's the one with the little boy (is he called David?) who gets lost in that storybook-type world? I really need to read that again!

I'm currently reading IT by Stephen King. Pretty awesome lol

Omg i loved It so much. Although it's a pretty big book - took me a while. Really want to see the film actually :D Guise I'm loving the range and diversity of this book-convo <3

I restarted my dark tower books a couple months ago, I'm on The Wastelands now. I only read when I'm at work, during my lunch break though (half an hour each day) so it takes a little longer. :) I want to have the rest read again by April for when the new DT book comes out. :D

If I'm reading you'll mostly find me reading SK. I have almost all his books (only missing 3 of them, I had them at home but when we moved I couldn't bring them so I started over about 2 years ago. ) And I love every single one of them ^_^

Lozzerrr; you need to read Duma, the Talisman and Black House! :O They are my favs after the DT books.

(I don't know why I originally put lilshadowdweller in stead of Lozzerrr... It must be the old age. LOL )

IT was a great book. I used to watch the movie all the time when I was younger.

I've heard s omuch talk about the hunger games, I want to read them. But I can't afford to buy new books or even get to a library.

I've also heard so much about Warriors, I'd like to read that, whatever it is. XD

I just re-read again!

The Host, by Meyer.

I'd give it an 8.8/10. YOU HAS TO READ IT

I thought that book was actually really good! I enjoyed it much more than the Twilight series (although I always feel nagging guilt when I diss the twilight series because I did read them all avidly one after another withing like three days and thought they were great. Then like a week later I tried to reread Twilight and was like...what is this drivel? Because actually the writing is not great at all.)

Yeah that was a good book I think I've read it twice actually :)

I thought that book was actually really good! I enjoyed it much more than the Twilight series (although I always feel nagging guilt when I diss the twilight series because I did read them all avidly one after another withing like three days and thought they were great. Then like a week later I tried to reread Twilight and was like...what is this drivel? Because actually the writing is not great at all.)

Yeah that was a good book I think I've read it twice actually :)

YE ANOTHER ONE! =D =D =D

So much better than Twilight right! It was awesome I've read it 4 timessss

Has anyone here read George Orwell , Albert Aldous Huxley , or Isaac Asimov ??

I'm fascinated by them ... they were very progressive :)

... p.s I hate Twilight lol

Edited by Angeló