NC Mall Event: The Case of the Missing King

hrtbrk

well we all received the first prize today, and i activated one of my packs later to see what would happen.

if you are participating with the event, you can chose to vote towards Lulu's next move, and the largest number of votes makes it the next entry in her Journal.

everyone gets the same prize which you need to redeem on her challenge page by chicking its picture, it then gets up in your inventory

if you missed a day you can go back and claim a prize by navigating to that page and applying a page from your adventure book to it, it will not affect the outcome of the adventure as thats already set and chosen. you will then recieve the prize that was given for that day. you will not be able to then vote for that days challenge as you have applied a page. i experimented and applied one page a day late for the day i missed, my pack now reads that i have 11 pages left, and it says that i will receive tomorrows prize along with everyone else who voted.

so you could wait until the end of the event and just pick up the prizes you want (unless there is a limit of pages you can use per day), it will just mean the adventure thats been chosen by people who vote is the part you will be missing out on :) hope this helps!

Todays Item and Lulus next move choices: (spoiler cut because its big and includes images)

Congratulations!

You followed Lulu in her adventure and she picked this item for you! It has been added to your inventory

mall_dd_roothronebg.gif

Roo Island Throne Room Background

King Roo himself sits on this throne from time to time! This prize was awarded by Lulu for participating in the Case of the Missing King in Y14.

small amount of animation : http://www.neopets.c...t=antique_rose2

4.png

Those Rooish royal guards are totally unobservant. I just sneaked into the throne room, found what appears to be King Roo's diary key, and sneaked out without them noticing. Just as well. From what I hear, if you're caught breaking the law, you have to play bingo. The risks I take for my cousins!

Ugh! There's another one! What's with these strange bugs I keep finding? If this is AAA's fault, I'm totally giving away his game controller when he's not looking.

Anyway, in his diary, King Roo said he wanted to visit a doctor in Neopia Central about the Games Room. Naturally, I concluded that he meant Dr. Clodbottle. So I went to his office, but it looks like the good doctor is away on business. Figures...

Next move:

1. Sneak in and page through Dr. Clodbottle's notes.

OR

2. Ask Dr. Clodbottle's assistant about King Roo's visit.

on the actual adventure book it now says:

"I found this key! It must be for King Roo's diary!" and on the next page: "Never leave your diary lying around. AAA might read it."

Is this related to the bugs on the games room that give you prices? Weird...

Edit: I've received so far

Baby Blu

Jam Scone

Banana Blumaroo Biscuit

Fleaf Plushie

Blumaroo Sugar Skull

Small Unidentified Skull

well we all received the first prize today, and i activated one of my packs later to see what would happen.

if you are participating with the event, you can chose to vote towards Lulu's next move, and the largest number of votes makes it the next entry in her Journal.

everyone gets the same prize which you need to redeem on her challenge page by chicking its picture, it then gets up in your inventory

if you missed a day you can go back and claim a prize by navigating to that page and applying a page from your adventure book to it, it will not affect the outcome of the adventure as thats already set and chosen. you will then recieve the prize that was given for that day. you will not be able to then vote for that days challenge as you have applied a page. i experimented and applied one page a day late for the day i missed, my pack now reads that i have 11 pages left, and it says that i will receive tomorrows prize along with everyone else who voted.

so you could wait until the end of the event and just pick up the prizes you want (unless there is a limit of pages you can use per day), it will just mean the adventure thats been chosen by people who vote is the part you will be missing out on :) hope this helps!

Thank you for confirming this! A bunch of us on the boards were pretty confused about whether we could collect prizes at a later date yesterday. This is great: I was planning to wait till the end of the event and pick up the prizes I like. I only liked a handful of items from previous events, and I decided to be a little more economical with my NC this year.

i'm going to try in a few days to collect more than one past prize at a time, then we will know for sure if there is a daily page limit :)

and i wasn't sure, hence why i bought the 13 pack xD i thought up this terribly complicated system that i was sure tnt was going to use, based on that terribly confusing FAQ, and in the end its possibly really simple :)

a 5 pack gets you the same bonus as the 13 pack, so really, it is much more worth it just to pick the ones you want. and the voting thing doesn't really give you any benefit as far as i can tell, other than the feeling of participation ^^

will update on the multiple pages thing in a few days time!

and re-reading what i posted i realise the bit that i said about the claiming of past prizes might be a bit confusing as to when you get your prize.

so today on my side i activated my 13 page book 1 day later than the event. i was able to claim the prize given for the previous days voting immediately, the same as those who had voted. and because i can't vote today, it has automatically entered me in for tomorrows voted prize, which i will get along with everyone else, tomorrow when results come out. i hope that makes sense. (too tired :P)

I would enjoy doing this, but I can't get NC and I'm not an NC person anyways. For me the benefit of neo has always been that it's free. I wish they'd release a little mini-plot like this for non-NC users! :(

I caved and bought 1500 NC to buy the 13-pack... I'm not really interested in NC items, the spare 300 will probably just sit there, haha. Quite disappointed that the first prize is a background... and a NC background at that, I would like to at least be able to sell it, jeeze. That's kinda half of why I bought the 13-pack; fun to participate, and I can sell the prizes to anyone who wants them but didn't participate :x

The bugs are pretty cool but the Games Room isn't *actually* loading for me now, there's just a lil black Pacmac nibbling on it... did they turn it off?

unfortunately all the prizes are likely to be NC prizes, as the FAQ states that users are allowed to complete this on side accounts, which they would say no to if it resulted in exclusive NP items (as it gives a NP advantage.)

todays prize:

Congratulations!

You followed Lulu in her adventure and she picked this item for you! It has been added to your inventory.

mall_dd_larnikinplushie.gif

Overstuffed Larnikin Handheld Plushie

I really do not like the prizes so far...>_<. Well except for the Baby Blu from the game room bugs I suppose, but otherwise... I hope there will be better items along the way.

todays prize 12th March:

oooh jelly :P (i love jelly)

Congratulations!

You followed Lulu in her adventure and she picked this item for you! It has been added to your inventory.

mall_dd_neopetinjelly.gif

Giant Plate of Jelly

Eat the jelly before it eats you! Oh, too late. This prize was awarded by Lulu for participating in the Case of the Missing King in Y14.

and it says the eat me thing because...

4.png

http://www.neopets.c...t=antique_rose2 if you want to see it wobble :P

I saw the Giant Plate of Jelly listed as a prize and was wondering how it would look. I wasn't expecting it to be so large, but that is definitely awesome. :laughingsmiley: It's even better on an invisible pet.

Prizes may be nice, but I think it'd be cooler if it were a mini plot that DIDN'T involve NC. Aren't you all tired of NC being involved in every single site event? It makes Neo look like nothing more than a money making scheme. :( And this is coming from an NC addict.

Prizes may be nice, but I think it'd be cooler if it were a mini plot that DIDN'T involve NC. Aren't you all tired of NC being involved in every single site event? It makes Neo look like nothing more than a money making scheme. :( And this is coming from an NC addict.

Agreed. I like NC stuff and I think what they come out with and how they involve it in site events can be pretty creative, but I'm a student - I could buy a 13-page pack to participate in the King Roo event, or I could feed myself for a week. Uh, no contest. :laughingsmiley: I once won 150 NC from the Expellibox, but unless I get an exceptionally lucky streak, no NC mini plots for me. :(

Today's prize isn't so bad:

mall_dd_frenchmaidwig.gif

Very...French Maid. I could do without the headband. It doesn't fit well with any of my pets!

Agreed! Finally a prize that I'm somewhat interested in, except they just *had* to put some dumb thing on top. At least there's no ridiculous animation to go with it this time lol

a friend commented wigs have to have something silly on them... or that ridiculous sheen thing (see perfect hair wig, side ponytail wigs) urgh hate the shiny thing. she said it was like TNT can't have a plain wig 'cause that would be boring!

most customs i've seen so far look maid-ish but i did see one on a darigan zafara with a gothic theme that worked very well :)

wig looked terrible on my kyrii (probably because he/she is orange right now) but it works well on zombie and halloween. also i think it looks good on bruces, draiks, and zweetoks. :)

and an update on the NC prizes, you can claim multiple prizes anytime you like. i claimed 3 and i think.. TNT have fixed it so even if you pick up all the past prizes, you can still vote for the next day. must have been too confusing for everyone.

not very long to go :P