The ALP

Matt

Thank you for the links. I'm not quite sure how I missed that subforum, but after you sent the links it still took me a good 5 minutes of poking around to find where they originated. Hehe. Anyhoot, I'm off to go look at all the stuff to work towards...

In the new Beta testing, it tells you exactly what staff is looking for in your application. I think you need to make the system for writing a application more clear. Right now, all it says is to include your forum username and that it is only 30% of your chances.

Shoot, how did I miss the "forum username" part? I have read those rules so many times, and I've never seen that before.

This post has been re-edited by a member of staff (Matt) because of an amendment of a previous message.

Previous message wasn't justified. Sorry. :)

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident.

Sorry for mis-reading it the first time, Kikaown. Must've been distracted. Just that the Beta applications take a similar state...

Well, we didn't want to over-formalise this application. If we gave you too much guidance, it'd take the fun out of the whole operation and we wouldn't get to see the real you, which is what we need to see.

The key bits needed are what item you require (Duh.) and information about yourself in the community. Say whether you've borrowed anything before (We can do background checks on our system, but hopefully you can jog our memories. :)). You don't need to state your forum username as long as you send the request for the item from the same account as the one linked with your forum account. We can check you out, if need be, through a special search on the forums.

So yeah. Make sure you have your neopets account mentioned in the appropriate area on your account and you shouldn't need to mention it in your application. :)

That's probably more suited to the Secret Avatars/Sidebars forum, isn't it?

So, we're about 1/6th of the way there (Closer, I think, actually). How long do you think it'll take for us to reach the goal? :)

Is there a page to see what pets you are currently lending out?

In the ALP section tehre is a subfourm at the top that shows everything they have avalible for lending..

This is a little newbie but what exactly is the ALP

Your kidding right? look at the top of the screen and read. better yet go to the fourm section itself and look around.

True, I thought the name "Avatar Lending Program" was self-explainatory. But no matter, we're all friends here.

It's a program, where we lend stuff to obtain avatars on Neopets. Simple process, really. :)

• 2 weeks later...
jubjub_coconut_happy.gif

Good news, good news. Through a major lucksack, the ALP account received a 2k Fountain Faerie quest. Being a lab/FF only colour, we decided to paint up a Coconut Jubjub, which is now available for lending.

Hooray! :graduated:

Hey how does this ALP works?! im new here b)

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Matt).

The post was in the wrong area.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this post has been MOVED from 'Well, that was certainly unexpected!' to 'The ALP'.

The ALP works by simply lending out items and pets for avatars. You ask to be lent and item or pet from our Avaliable for Lending section (But reading the rules for guidance beforehand. ;)). We'll then get back to you saying how much collateral will be needed and we'll go from there.

Just don't forget to give us it back. :P

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm new to the ALP and I really love the idea of it but I have absolutely no idea how to borrow a pet or item. :eh:(And how is it possible for me to return something within an hour? To get some of the avatars, you need months!) I mean, you know, where do you go to borrow one? All the available for lending topics are locked!!