When/if you've ever pounded a pet, did you feel bad?

usinski

I know I did! I felt like I was abandoning them, like they trusted me and I let them down.

The guilt was just THAT bad.

Usually it was just a basic colored pet that I realized had no PB colors that I really liked for it, and who's gonna want a basic colored pet when they can make it themselves? LEMME GET AN AMEN. :laughingsmiley:

I never pound pets that I create. So, that one time I went on a pounding spree for the avvies, i would get the pet from the pound, get the avatar, feed it and put it back a little happier. Then I found Fehnii and decided to keep. Sometimes If i love my adopted pet, like starlights my rainbow skeith I will send it to my side or something

I don't think I've ever pounded a pet that I created myself, but I think I would feel really guilty if I did. All the others I adopted temporarily knowing full well I would pound them again (e.g. for an avatar) - I still feel kind of bad, but not as bad as I would feel if I created a brand new pet with a poor name or something that was going to be doomed to the pound forever. :(

I pounded 3 pets recently one of them I actually re-adopted. I am not going to pound a pet ever again because I feel guilty and like I've let a good friend down. Usually my pounding is for a temporary selfish desire. This experience has helped me learn something.

I'll just take care of my Lenny and Chia that I created in their place.

It breaks my heart that I've been so selfish. I learned from my mistake.

It's kind of hard to NOT feel guilty, even if you're only adopting one for an avatar, since they make you click the button when it says things like, "Leave me to die?" or "NOOOO!" x_x

Cleomiele stated my thoughts exactly! Even if it's a pet I have no attachment to, like adopting for an avatar or something, that causes guilt right there, especially since they make you click it so many times.

I've always felt a bit guilty, regardless of whether it was created by me, or not. But I feel redeemed after I adopted a basic Shoyru to paint for clothes since I didn't want to paint my Shoyru, and I ended up zapping it Chocolate. That became a permanent pet for me, so I felt good about adopting and ending up keeping her forever, even though I planned to place her back in the pound after getting a nice color change.

It's kind of hard to NOT feel guilty, even if you're only adopting one for an avatar, since they make you click the button when it says things like, "Leave me to die?" or "NOOOO!" x_x

Yea, I was going to abandon a pet a while ago until it said Leave Me to Die. I decided to keep it and am going to zap it.

I abandoned a pet that I got from the pound way back before transferring existed after I zapped it to a nice color (I hate feeling like I'm wasting my lab maps) and I was never able to do it again. Way too sad :sad01_anim:

Wow, I feel a little cold hearted after reading all these replies. I don't think I've felt guilty about pounding a pet since I was quite young. Back when I first started, I remember feeling devestated by the pounding buttons, and I just couldn't do it, but the last couple times I've had to pound pet I didn't even give it a second thought.

Yes, lol. I have to press the button really fast so I don't see all the guilt trips and feel terrible XD I don't pound pets anymore really, though. Diblin needs to turn into a Pea so I don't have to D:

Yes, I did it once and you can be sure I won't do it again. I remember he was a white grundo, I felt so guilty after leaving him there :sad02:

Then I adopted Anie, I wanted to zap her to change colour and then give her away to any user who wanted her but I couldn't and she has been with me all this time.

I haven't pounded a pet for quite some time, but I remember feeling guilty but also happy because I keep track of where it is and when someone else has adopted it, and sometimes look at the new owners account :). A few times it's been someone in an adoption guild who adopts pets to paint them nice colours and then gives them out for adoption to users who can't necessarily afford certain paint brushes/colours.

I really don't care what color my pets are. Even if they're all basic colors they are mine forever. I could care less about paint brushes and avatars.

My pets aren't some bug collection or a shelf full of toys. They're my pets.

The messages and the faces they make when one is going to abandon them make me a feel a little bad, I wouldn't deny it.

That said, I just don't want some of those pets anymore and I'm glad when someone adopts them, dresses them up and cares for them more than I ever would.

My Shoyru, moon_love382. I honestly don't know what I was thinking when I named her (it was four in the morning), and after getting a few hours of sleep I decided I didn't want her and pounded her. I felt so bad about it I changed my mind and adopter her back a few minutes later, and I ended up using my FFQ on her. ^3^

• 3 months later...

It's a little bit strange right. I always acknowledge that they are virtual stuff, I feel a tiny bit of guilt everytime ..... For the first pet that I pounded, I remembered to visit his lookup couppa days later to see what kind of owner had gotten him :)

I have never pounded a pet before. Haha. I know its just pixels on a screen, but I put way too much sentimental value on tons of things.

Also, I tend to adopt pets and not make new ones. Like Javito my current Kougra, I adopted without even making a first pet of my own. I just went back into the Neopets main screen and went to adopt xD

I have never pounded a pet before. Haha. I know its just pixels on a screen, but I put way too much sentimental value on tons of things.

Also, I tend to adopt pets and not make new ones. Like Javito my current Kougra, I adopted without even making a first pet of my own. I just went back into the Neopets main screen and went to adopt xD

Yeah, I usually adopt pets instead of create a new one too :) However, I always hate the fact that most abandoned pets have crappy names

I've never felt any sort of guilt from pounding a pet. :laughingsmiley: I guess I'm cruel.