Howdy, Hi and Hello~

rageandserenity

Hi, everyone! I'm Katara and I used to be a Neopets member back in the day, but haven't been around for a long while, so I'm back with a fresh account. This is my first time really on the forums, but I've been checking out some of the threads here and there. I'm a huge nerd and I've been debating coming back to the website for a few months. I even got my girlfriend and my brother back into it, so they'll be around every so often. Despite all the new changes, I'm actually immensely glad the Neopets site is still up and running. I've missed it!

Welcome to The Daily Neopets Katara, I am Mordecai from Regular Show, and I'm pleased to meet you! Contact me or any of the staff if you have any questions or make a topic with the question you'd like to ask us or any of the members of TDN, and we'll be glad to lend a hand.

Hiya Katara, I'm Erika - nice to make your (post's) acquaintance :P

I see you've got a pretty awesome taste in movies and tv-series (especially Firefly, Dr Who, Avengers, Dexter, early TB and - slightly reluctant to admit it - Silent Hill Pyramid_Head_troll_face_by_ZeTrystan.png )

Hope to see you around c:

Thank-you all so much! I really do appreciate the welcomes and the info!

Erika. segsegersjgnsekjgserngiualwgr You are wonderful. No X-Men for you? That's alright, your banner is making my heart ache a little. I love Loki so much (I mean, in the original Norse mythology, he totally deserved all he was put through, he was such a butt -- Loki from the movies, though, that poor angel). Tom Hiddleston is basically my number one idol when it comes to acting. He's up there with several other people, but I don't think you know them (yet!), like Martin Freeman, Benedict Cumberbatch and James McAvoy. But, also, of course Alex Kingston and Billie Piper and Scarlett Johansson. What's not to love?

Duuuuuude Silent Hill is awesome. The music for those games -- gah, just the gameplay itself! They can do so much with so little. The makers are brilliant!

Sorry, I could go on for days, really.

Hi Katara! I'm fairly new here too, and I've found the forums very helpful and entertaining. I hope you enjoy it here too!

Thank-you all so much! I really do appreciate the welcomes and the info!

Erika. segsegersjgnsekjgserngiualwgr You are wonderful. No X-Men for you? That's alright, your banner is making my heart ache a little. I love Loki so much (I mean, in the original Norse mythology, he totally deserved all he was put through, he was such a butt -- Loki from the movies, though, that poor angel). Tom Hiddleston is basically my number one idol when it comes to acting. He's up there with several other people, but I don't think you know them (yet!), like Martin Freeman, Benedict Cumberbatch and James McAvoy. But, also, of course Alex Kingston and Billie Piper and Scarlett Johansson. What's not to love?

Duuuuuude Silent Hill is awesome. The music for those games -- gah, just the gameplay itself! They can do so much with so little. The makers are brilliant!

Sorry, I could go on for days, really.

You. Are. Awesome. Period! Couldn't agree more with you - original Loki had it coming but Tom Hiddleston's Loki was just charming and frankly just irresistible ♥╣[-_-]╠♥

I do actually like X-Men (Beast is a favorite!).

Haha, funny you should mention both Martin Freeman and Benedict Cumberbatch :P They both have parts in The Hobbit: There and Back Again. I'll have to give Sherlock a chance - if you like it, there's a strong possibility that I will too, right? c;

No comment needed about the splendidness of Alex, Billie and Scarlett.

Kid me not! I had nightmares (still do, on occasion) for weeks about the janitor that was tied up in the school bathroom. My boyfriend at the time called him Bengan (swedish nickname for Bengt) and used to taunt me about him coming crawling from the shadows in the hallway o.O

HI there, and welcome to TDN! -offers cookies-

High five for Doctor Who! :D and Firefly, and the Avengers. :D

I will join in on the Loki love fest. Poor little (murdering) muffin! :(

You. Are. Awesome. Period! Couldn't agree more with you - original Loki had it coming but Tom Hiddleston's Loki was just charming and frankly just irresistible ♥╣[ -_-]╠♥

I do actually like X-Men (Beast is a favorite!).

Haha, funny you should mention both Martin Freeman and Benedict Cumberbatch :P They both have parts in The Hobbit: There and Back Again. I'll have to give Sherlock a chance - if you like it, there's a strong possibility that I will too, right? c;

No comment needed about the splendidness of Alex, Billie and Scarlett.

Kid me not! I had nightmares (still do, on occasion) for weeks about the janitor that was tied up in the school bathroom. My boyfriend at the time called him Bengan (swedish nickname for Bengt) and used to taunt me about him coming crawling from the shadows in the hallway o.O

That is utterly terrifying. ;-;

Gah, you had me squealing in my work break-room, today. It's just so cool finding people with similar interests so randomly, like this. On Tumblr, it's obvious you're looking for specific types of people based on who you follow, what tags you follow and what you post. But, I totally wasn't aiming to match up with anyone when I came back to Neopets. The randomisation is groovy. Does that make sense?

You have to, have to, have to watch Sherlock! Sherlock is absolutely brilliant! I don't know if DW or Sherlock is my favourite show. I love them both so much. Steven Moffat is fantastic and Mark Gatiss is absolutely wonderful. They're geniuses. The writing on Sherlock is remarkably captivating and witty. It's completely worth it. Not only that; the show in it's entirety is only nine hours. You could do that in a day! [Or, 'realistically', five days.] Why do you think they were cast in The Hobbit? They're some of the greatest actors I've ever known. And if you realise what the makeup of the work they used to do is--their past work--and then have a look at Sherlock, it's absolutely appalling. Why they weren't unbelievably famous before all this is absurd. At least they're getting the attention, now.

Thanks Lwar and Rebecca! You guys are so nice, here. It's such a rapid transition from Tumblr. I couldn't stand the hate and opinionated nature from so many of the members on there. It got me so riled up and I'd carry around this little ball of anger everywhere. This is so much more relaxing. Minus the curse words, minus the impassioned loathing, minus the competition. Perfection.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Awww, yeah, I know what you mean. Tumblr can be kind of horrible at times. :( Luckily I try to surround myself in love fest of various fandoms (well, and all the feminist blogs I follow, which, as you said, do tend to leave me with a little ball of anger, but so does just about everything, LOL)

I'm sorry, moderator! ;-; I'm used to separating my main ideas like that. Different kind of transition. Forgive me.

Totally. It's terrifying. People can be animals on there, sometimes. Not that I blame them; I get like that, too. It's just overwhelming. Especially because I can get very aggressive [i've been working on fixing that], so when people attack my views, I grow flustered easily and hold grudges. Just recently, I've been working on forgiving everyone I've ever been livid with, to their face. It's relieved a lot of stress. I suppose a big reason why Neopets is such a safe zone is due to the fact swearing, politics and religious views are off limits. What a relief.

Hey Katara :3 (pretty name!) Glad you decided to come back to Neo. We need more dedicated nerds! :graduated:

Welcome to the forums :)