what's the most frustrating part of neopets ?

Angeló

Glitches/weirdness in games.

Snowmuncher: Potions and gems that are mysteriously consumed by falling blocks and falling blocks that are coming out of nowhere and hits me on the head.

Escape to Kreludor: Power-ups that suddenly vanish.

Ultimate Bullseye II: Weird physics, when it looks like the arrow would hit the target, but flies right past. You can only aim up and down, not left and right, so this sounds impossible.

Neggsweeper: Not a glitch, but it's really annoying when you've got a corner of 2x2, two bombs left and no sure indication of where they will be.

At the moment it is having a limit of SSW searches. I recently got both the rubbish avatar but totally over purchased items for it. I also have been going through a hoarding phase so now my SDB is just ridiculously full. I want everything gone fast so I check everything I don't know the price of in the SSW. I have had several waiting periods so far this morning and it is getting in the way of my restocking. I pay for it darnit, lemme use it! :angry:

Glitches/weirdness in games.

Snowmuncher: Potions and gems that are mysteriously consumed by falling blocks and falling blocks that are coming out of nowhere and hits me on the head.

Escape to Kreludor: Power-ups that suddenly vanish.

Ultimate Bullseye II: Weird physics, when it looks like the arrow would hit the target, but flies right past. You can only aim up and down, not left and right, so this sounds impossible.

I agree with you. Those things made me still haven't achieve the avatars although I played really hard.

I want to add dice a roo, though you don't waste much time (if you use fast method) but the jackpot is very hard to get. Many other luck game such as Tyvanu Evanu, Snow war, etc also.

For me it's the random events / random avatars.

I must have spun the Wheel of Knowledge well over a thousand times, refreshed at the Advent Calendar about a million times...

I've been playing Neopets since 2002, and never had a paintbrush as a random event... :(

Although I did just win the Random Contest :D

THE NEOCOLA MACHINE! YES!

Also, game avatars and trophies along with so many items being unavailable 98% of the time like Rebecca said.

This!!! I also get glitches in Ultimate Bullseye when punchbag bob shows up - it'll just skip my turn, so I've lost out on potential points and I don't even get a chance to shoot at him. :( I've played that game numerous times and there doesn't seem to be any way to "master" it.

And on that note, I guess I find the game avatars most frustrating. I have very few of them, and I think it's more discouraging than the random avatars because it means that I have poor gaming skills vs plain chance. :P

What's frustrating to me personally is only getting one transfer until your account is 2 years old. I think they should cut people a bit of slack and give an extra transfer after the one year mark.... but maybe that's just me. :P I also think that the cost of premium is a bit high. $70 for one year is a bit pricey for those perks, IMO. I want premium, don't get me wrong.... but it'd be nice if it was say 20-30 bucks cheaper. Keeping in mind that a lot of premium members also use neocash.

Heh heh, looking at everybody else's replies makes me feel bad about what my frustration is... It seems to be a unique issue? XD

The thing that gets on my nerves the most is that I tend to swear a lot in my regular life, so when I'm writing neomails to my friends, I always forget to censor myself and chill out with the language, so I always get the warnings like, "Hey don't talk about that kind of stuff here!"

And I'm like "EXCUSE ME I AM AN ADULT WRITING TO MY ADULT FRIENDS LEMME SAY WHAT I WANNA." But I get over it XD It's not a big deal, it's just hard to re-word things sometimes and still get the same message across XD

Heh heh, looking at everybody else's replies makes me feel bad about what my frustration is... It seems to be a unique issue? XD

The thing that gets on my nerves the most is that I tend to swear a lot in my regular life, so when I'm writing neomails to my friends, I always forget to censor myself and chill out with the language, so I always get the warnings like, "Hey don't talk about that kind of stuff here!"

And I'm like "EXCUSE ME I AM AN ADULT WRITING TO MY ADULT FRIENDS LEMME SAY WHAT I WANNA." But I get over it XD It's not a big deal, it's just hard to re-word things sometimes and still get the same message across XD

Hahaha, no, I don't think that's a unique problem! I often have to reword things to make them PG, lol. Thankfully I can contact all of my neofriends through TDN as well!

A lot of times I really have no idea on what I wrote that is giving me that message, and then I'll just start all over again and change everything... the worst is when you can't even write a item name *like cracker*, to get a warning.

Why have an item and can't write about it? I mean, when you're trying to make a trade and can't say to someone else that you have it or if the person want it? LOL

And it's really, really worst when it's not your primary language and you have no idea on how to describe it or call by other name.

Hahaha, no, I don't think that's a unique problem! I often have to reword things to make them PG, lol. Thankfully I can contact all of my neofriends through TDN as well!

Yeah, I usually hit up my friends on Facebook, (I know most of my neofriends in real life), and I message them like, "This is Neopets related but I had to curse!" They do the same to me lol.

Yay! A venting thread! There are a couple things that irritate me, though most of them will be echoing what other people have said.

1) Shenkuu Tangram: Yes, it's a fairly easy 3K a day compared to other games, but it frustrates me that some piece have to be perfectly aligned with the diagram for the game to accept them, while others can just be in the general vicinity and be accepted. Also, there's the fact that completing the Hard mode of the game actually gives you fewer points than completing the Normal mode. I was really aggravated when I finally completed the Hard mode and found out that I didn't even have enough points to get the max 1K NP. I can make over enough points to get that after finishing Level Two of the Normal mode. I also have no idea how so many people are getting scores in the 3190 to 3380 range. It takes at least a second per piece to even move it to the diagram, and never mind the time it takes to turn it the right way and get it positioned just right.

2) Pirate Paint Brushes: I still have no idea why these are still in the 600 to 800K range, despite having two dailies that gives them out. Even the Snow Paint Brush deflated like crazy after it was released through the Advent Calendar.

3) Waiting for accounts to age: If I'd have known that my side account would have to be 4+ months old before I could transfer everything, I'd have created earlier than I did. I can understand them not wanting newbies to be able to snap up rare pets or colors, but I don't see why that has to apply to people who want to send them out.

that 9/10 times there is nothing to do. yea i do the dailies but without plots, there really is nothing to do. I was working on battledome and getting my pets abilities but now you cannot even do that.

Ah yes, nothing to do. I find myself staring at the homepage when I have nothing to do /:

Ah yes, nothing to do. I find myself staring at the homepage when I have nothing to do /:

I can totally relate... I tend to just play games when that happens, just to have something to do that's constructive lol. I haven't played every game yet, (although I tend to find out that's a good thing because I suck at a lot of the games/don't like them XD)...

Ohh, I also agree with many of these. Random avatars, mostly. It's such an inner struggle between I-just-really-want-to-get-this and oh-my-why-am-I-doing-something-so-excruciatingly-dull-in-my-spare-time?

I also get mildly annoyed with offers on my trades that are way, way below the accepted TP / SW price. Especially when I notice the user in question is an experienced and rich player. And especially when they start sending you pushy neomails about accepting their offer.

Oh, and Imperial Exam. For some reason that is the one game that is sure to get my stress levels through the roof.

Trying to send a score... only to find that there's a problem with the servers or something.

I also agree with the items that just seem impossible to obtain. I understand that their rarity is part of their appeal, but it's frustrating.

Agreed.

I also dislike when games don't want to work, and it can't be fixed, especially when you want to get the avatar from that particular game.