Signature help

Duskitty

Ok... So today I tried to edit my siggy by adding another egg from my Egg Cave creatures, when it said "Oops! Something went wrong." and in the error box, it said that it "couldn't find the dimensions for that image."

I thought it was the fact that I had added too many images or something, so I copied all of my signature before erasing it and hitting "save". It was then I discovered it didn't have an error when I just put nothing in it.

But I didn't want nothing, so I tried pasting my siggy and it showed the same error as before. ARGH!

I tried it on Safari- still the same error. Pasting the images one at a time- still the same error. Linking the images with BBCode? Same error. Though if I put plain text, it works fine. o_O

I don't know what to do here as I'm still kinda new and it didn't seem like there was anyone else who had this problem.

• 1 year later...

Not to resurrect an old/dead topic, but his area seemed best to ask.

In regards to EggCave and linking in the signature, how many is too many? I (now) only put the ones that evolve/hatch by views in mine, but there will be more that I get. It says 6 lines, but I'd rather users get annoyed by all those lines =X

According to TDNF Guidelines:

• To keep TDN Forums topics and posts looking spiffy... our signature guidelines are:
    • All signature images should fit within a 500x250 px area.
    • The maximum width dimension for a single signature image is 500 px.
    • The maximum height dimension for a single signature image is 250 px.
    • Keep your adoptables (i.e. Egg Cave) on one line, with a maximum of 5 adoptables.

When unsure about something, always check the guidelines first :)

There is also an Egg Cave Viewing thread to post all your eggs in.

I've been having the same problem for a month now. I can't put any image on my siggy - it always says "Error - couldn't find dimensions". Last time I tried, with no success, to put a HW support banner. Rune Valentine had to do it for me. I'm now trying to use my former siggy again, which has adequate size and all, and it still won't work. :(

• 2 months later...

I'm having this exact problem. I went to put in a goal counter and it gives me the same error and it doesn't look like this was ever answered/solved. Help?

• 4 months later...

I have a sig question o/ The guide gives a pixel dimension limit for the image's physical size, but doesn't say anything about the KB limit for the file size, does this mean there is no limit or does no-one know? I'm not intending to add some heavily animated pic with a monster KB size that'll make any page I've posted on take 5 minutes to load or anything, I'm just curious.

Thanks for letting me know :D Anything I used would likely be below 150kb anyway because that's the limit I'm used to elsewhere, so I'd feel like I was being bad if I exceeded that xD