Can't sign up for NP

Hamusuta99

Hi,

I can't sign up to neopets, I enter the username I want, the password, and agree to the terms of services, and when I click next it just goes back to this screen:
But when I type in the username I want again, it says that the username is taken, when I know its not. And in 2 days it will say its available again.
Its so annoying because I've been trying to sign up since last Sunday, it just doesn't work. Please help.
Thanks.

Think you'll find more help in the neopets help forum rather than this one.

I think I also had this same issue when I was signing up.. I'm not entirely sure what I did to fix it, but have you tried using a different browser?

I just checked and the signup process seems to work as it took me to the next page..

I think I also had this same issue when I was signing up.. I'm not entirely sure what I did to fix it, but have you tried using a different browser?

I'll try that now, let you know how i get on after.

I just checked and the signup process seems to work as it took me to the next page..

Nope, still says its taken :(

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Vyvren) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Did you try with a different name? Just to see if it'll let you continue with the registration? Might just be unlucky and the name could have been taken?

By really weird filters, FtA means that a name like "grapefruit" or "cumulonimbus" would trigger the filter, which would both seem like safe names to me.

Here are a few things to try:

1) Check your e-mail account (especially junk folders -- you may want to add @neopets.com to your safe list now, anyway -- they're not spammy, but they use e-mail to respond to bug reports, send lost passwords, etc.) to see if you have an activation e-mail. Maybe the name is being re-released when you don't confirm the activation? (It's been a while since I created my side, but I assume they'd want to verify your e-mail.)

2) Try a different browser (and/or update the one you're using). Disable any add-ons, particularly ad-blocking and script-blocking ones. (You can certainly navigate Neopets with the filters on, and I do -- I've disabled them for site-necessary features and left them on for any non-site stuff, especially tracking stuff, but some of the Neopets filters have weird third-party names.)

I ran into this problem a lot when trying to create my final side account. No matter what browser I used, how long I waited between trying to make the account, etc, I still ran into the same problem with every name I tried. I learned that even though a username is "available" on Neopets, if it exists as an account on a Viacom sister site, then you can't use it on Neopets, which is why it leads you back to the first step and tells you the name is unavailable. Hopefully this helps you!

I ran into this problem a lot when trying to create my final side account. No matter what browser I used, how long I waited between trying to make the account, etc, I still ran into the same problem with every name I tried. I learned that even though a username is "available" on Neopets, if it exists as an account on a Viacom sister site, then you can't use it on Neopets, which is why it leads you back to the first step and tells you the name is unavailable. Hopefully this helps you!

Thanks much :) I guess i'll try another name xD

btw whats a viacom sister site?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (hrtbrk) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Anything like Petpet Park, Monkey Quest, etc is a sister site. You can use your neo-login for them, so I'm assuming you could use that login on neo too, even if the person never has and hasn't technically established an account on Neopets.com yet.

• 1 month later...

Believe you'll get more help in the neopets help forum as opposed to this one.
I believe I also had this same problem once I was signing up. I am not completely certain what I did to repair it, but have you ever tried using another browser?
I simply checked and the signup process appears to function as it took me to another page.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (hrtbrk) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not bump topics that are no longer relevant.
Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact hrtbrk if you have any questions regarding this action.