Tyrannian Fossils Continue Triumphant Streak

xblade356

Hello everyone! This is Matt reporting live from the newsroom! I'm back from jail errr...the movies! It feels good to be back, so let's get started with the results from the Alabriss
Bracket.

TyranniaYesterday, we saw Darigan Citadel and Tyrannia go head to head for the first time. Darigan Citadel, after their shocking loss in Yooyuball yesterday against Team Virtupets, looked very good coming into today's match. But looks aren't everything. Layton Vickles was able to get The Citadel an early lead in the first half, but the Fossils, who were determined as ever to keep their streak alive, rebounded in the second half for a score of eight to six. The Fossils were also able to prevent Darigan from obtaining any wins today, sweeping them cleanly on all fronts. Tyrannia has proved that they are capable of taking down a big powerhouse such as Darigan Citadel. As for the Minions, are they going to be headed in a downward spiral from here on out? Currently third in their bracket, the Minions are going to have to step up their game if they want to have a chance to win the Cup once again.

VirtupetsVirtupets and Kreludor faced each other yesterdy, and after their shocking win against Darigan Citadel, the Robots were looking to take more wins against last year's winners and arch enemy Kreludor. The Robots started the match strong, and they were able to keep up that energy. The Moons weren't able to stop them and lost in Yooyuball. However, Kreludor was able to bounce back and sweep Virtupets in the side games. Team Virtupets looks like that they're focusing on winning Yooyuball and abandoning the side games. With two Yooyuball wins so far, it seems like this strategy is working, but will it be very beneficial to them in the long run?

Rounding out the Alabriss Bracket we have the match of Krawk Island and Shenkuu. It was no surprise here as Krawk Island dominated Yooyuball, winning against the Ninjas with a score of six to four. The Pirates were also able to claim Make Some Noise and Shootout Showdown from their opponents. The Ninjas weren't going to go out without a fight as they were able to take Slushie Slinger. The Pirates are looking good this year. Currently second in their bracket, today's match will certainly be a deciding factor to determine if they'll move up, or be trapped in second like last round.

Now we go to Austin who is in the field right now with the results from the Minitheus Bracket.

"Thank you, Matt. This is Austin reporting to you live from the practice fields this morning with some exciting results from the Minitheus Bracket. Yesterday, there were two sweeps, along with another near sweep. This competition in this bracket has proved to be fairly one-sided going into the third day.

AltadorFirst we start off with the match of the day in the Minitheus Bracket, Maraqua against Altador. The Suns proved to be too much for the Mermaids as they continued their dominance with another sweep. However, Maraqua was able to get Altador within one point in Shootout Showdown, the first time Altador has failed to win a game by two or more points all Cup. Maraqua wasn't able to slow Altador down at all on the fields as Altador prevailed with an eight to five victory. Altador seems unbeatable right now, and midway through the cup, the word "undefeated" is being thrown around.

Roo Island BannerRoo Island continues to impress, as they pulled another sweep over the Natives of Mystery Island. Mystery Island looks like they're wanting to pull a "red-out," as they have yet to win a game of Yooyuball, and their only win came in Shootout Showdown. Fans of the team don't see too upset, though. The team seems a free-spirited as ever and seems to be having a good time, despite falling from second place to dead last. Roo Island on the other hand, has rebounded very well and is looking to take over a podium spot once again.

The Chillers from Terror Mountain were able to take the bonus game, Make Some Noise, from the Mummies of the Lost Desert, with the Mummies coming up big in the other games. This has been the Mummies' most impressive victory of the cup so far, and they look to build momentum off of it. The Chillers, despite sitting in fourth place in the bracket, have not looked very impressive yet this year. If they manage to keep their placing though, they could easily be a contender for a middle-of-the-pack placing. Both teams have a lot of work left to do, but both could easily make a run towards the end.

Don't crySince I know I didn't miss a game today, that should be all from the Minitheus Bracket, Matt, let's send it back to you before I start crying again about last night. Stay classy Neopia!"

Thank you Austin, well I have the results from the Vaeolus Bracket, and it looks like there are sweeps galore.

For our first matchup, we have Meridell versus Moltara. Meridell has been put into a relatively easy bracket, and they've certainly showed their dominance today. The Knights were able to pull off a sweep against the Magmas. Currently residing in first place in their bracket, it looks like they have this bracket under their belt, provided they don't get complacent.

Haunted WoodsIn our second matchup in this bracket, we have Haunted Woods against Faerieland. This was another matchup that ended in a sweep, as the Zombies cleanly swept the Faeries. The winners of the first AC are going to be looking to make their mark on the Altador Cup once again.

For our last matchup of the bracket Kiko Lake took on Brightvale yesterday. Kiko lake was able to disrupt the bracket's sweeping by taking a win in Yooyuball. Brightvale wouldn't stay down however, as they swept the Kikos in all the side games. Kiko Lake has been having their on and off days lately, and if they can make more of the upcoming days "on days" they'll certainly be able to take a second tier finish.

Now for our matches to watch.

We have Krawk Island versus Tyrannia today. Krawk Island will be looking to do what Darigan could not do yesterday: stop Tyrannia's sweep streak. Like I also said before, this matchup could also decide their bracket standings, and at this point of the bracket, every team needs all the advantages they can obtain.

Another matchup to watch is Kiko Lake against Meridell. Meridell is on a hot streak after their sweep yesterday, and if they're able to carry that energy with them to today's match, a sweep is very likely. Kiko Lake however, will be trying to bounce back from yesterday's side game sweep from Brightvale. This is the first time that Kiko Lake has faced Meridell, although they've been in the same bracket with them, so it'll be hard to determine what the outcome of the match will be.

I guess this wraps up yesterday's results. It was a relatively peaceful day today and I'm very grateful for that. As much as I enjoy it, it is nice to take a break from hunting Austin and blowing things up. I think I need more vacation days, where is Lydia? Anyways, this is Matt from The Daily Neopets reporting live from our newsroom. Until tomorrow everyone!

boat.gif

Obligatory disclaimer: This news report was written to inform you all of the latest Altador Cup results in as entertaining a manner as possible. The rest of its content is largely fictional, composed from various fan comments and the whims of our imagination in an attempt to inspire a sense of realism through our reporting. While we do our best to keep things reasonably neutral, this report is in no way intended to be a completely bias-free listing of the day's results, nor does it claim to provide critical analysis of past and potential outcomes from qualified Altador Cup experts. Please note that the opinions formulated in this report are from a full team of different reporters, and in no way represent the views of only a single faction. If you're looking for 100% unbiased performance data, take a look at our standings page. If professional analysis tickles your fancy, you want our predictions pages (global/daily).

geez....Terror Mountain is having its worst season yet. It's kind of disheartening. :/

I'm noticing though that, looking at Altador's scores, Altador is starting to slow down a bit; their wins aren't as ridiculously lopsided as they have been.