Faeries Soar High After Hard-Won Victory

blaisezabini

logo.png

Hello and welcome everybody! This is Matt, reporting from the newsroom. I have the results from the Alabriss bracket here so let's get right to it.

Tyrannia and Kreludor faced off against each other yesterday, and not even the Moons were able to stop the Fossils from getting another sweep as Tyrannia clearly dominated the match.

The bracket's other matches pitted Darigan Citadel against Shenkuu and Krawk Island against Virtupets, and also ended in sweeps, with Darigan Citadel and Krawk Island sweeping Shenkuu and Virtupets respectively. The Minions seem to be out of their slump, but it remains to be seen whether they will they be able to hold their ground against Krawk Island, as the Pirates have been performing just as well.

Sleeping KadWell that's it for the Alabriss bracket. If this seemed short to you, I'm sorry. I have to do something called "sleep" now. You guys have probably never heard of it, with your impressive ranks, but you should try it sometime. Now let's turn it over to Katie!

Nor the fire onesThanks, Matt! Sleep tight, don't let those Mutant Yooyus bite! Onto the results: Altador and Roo Island continue to dominate in the Minitheus bracket with clean sweeps. Terror Mountain continues their own success with a stunning 9-4 Yooyuball win against Mystery Island, taking Make Some Noise and Shootout Showdown as well!

Both Altador and Roo Island are enjoying their undefeated streaks in the second round so far. Yesterday, while Altador had a comfortable lead on the Mummies, the Roo Island-Maraqua match was a bit closer. Maraqua managed to put up a good fight, but ultimately fell to the Rooligans in all four games. Across the stadium, despite their valiant efforts, the Mummies still seemed to have their feet stuck in the quicksand -- a situation the Suns didn't hesitate to take advantage of. Can Altador and Roo Island maintain their undefeated streaks through to the end of the round? Only time will tell.

PrytarielTerror Mountain repeated its Yooyuball strategy for the second day in a row with much success -- the fans have been quite ecstatic lately! Prytariel has been receiving much encouragement and praise from her fellow players and fans alike and has also raised her goals-per-game average significantly in the last few days alone. This newfound strength almost gave the Chillers a clean sweep, only dropping Slushie Slinger to the Islanders. Volgoth of Mystery Island continues to evade comment on their recent Yooyuball performance. At least the Mystery Island fans got to cool off with their Slushie Slinger win!

That's it for the Minitheus bracket! Let's go live to Austin with our field coverage.

Good morning, folks, this is your favorite reporter, Austin, reporting to you live from a tailgating party with fans of team Brightvale. Though Brightvale isn't winning their bracket, the fans are excited about this year. The team is looking fairly impressive so far this year, and is staying alive in their bracket by sitting in third place. The Wizards showed their rivals from the east, Meridell, a difficult time on the fields yesterday. Brightvale had their most impressive victory of the season by edging out the Knights five to four. While the Knights managed to take a side sweep away, Brightvale taking Yooyuball looks like it could swing the momentum of the bracket. Though Meridell is in first, the Wizards have shown tremendous improvement from previous years thus far and look now to compete for the top spot in the bracket.

Now joining us, we have Reb Weemelott, the Wizard's right forward, to discuss how he believes his team is playing.

Reb, the team seems to be playing at a pretty high level this year. Who do you credit for that?

Awww mans, John, ya gotta credit the fans for this. They been great tah us an' give us the motivat'n tah keep goin'.

You guys had a terrific showing last night against the Knights of Meridell. What are your thoughts on the game?

Lemme show you what I think, John.

Meridell Logo[Reb pulls a cart from around the corner. The cart has a giant wooden sign with a Meridell logo on it]

Ya see this, John. Watch.

[Reb pulls a kid from the tailgating party and hands him a remote control with a button on it]

Now, kid, whats ya gots tah do here is jus' press that there button, okay?

This doesn't seem like a good id-

[The kid presses the button]

Wait... Are you INSANE!? EVERYONE GET DOWN!

[The sign explodes and the screen turns black]

Uh... Austin? Is everything okay? Austin! AUSTIN! What the--

[The television screen error appears momentarily, after which the image cuts to the newsroom.]

Sorry for the interruption, folks! It appears we've had a, errrr, mishap occur with Austin's feed. We'll be sure to let you know when it's fixed! For now, we'll finish the results here in the newsroom.

Haunted Woods took the only sweep of the Vaeolus bracket, outdoing Moltara in all four games. The Zombies' own Zo Junior showed just how speedy he was, netting most of the goals scored in the match-up. It has also been reported that Krell Vitor, the captain of Haunted Woods, had to admonish "Brains" Mortigan for nibbling on Moltara's Zax Bannet between goals. Unfortunately, Moltara didn't have enough steam to combat the Zombies this time around.

Ciona BroanOh! Exciting news! Faerieland nearly took a clean sweep against Kiko Lake, winning Yooyuball, Make Some Noise, and Shootout Showdown! The Faeries were overjoyed with their incredible performance and hope to continue that momentum into their next match. Kiko Lake was looking to improve their current standing, but fell short overall. They remain ahead of Faerieland in the standings, however, they haven't had much success with Yooyuball in this round. Once again, congratulations to Faerieland and their stellar near-sweep!

On a final note, here are the matches to watch out for:

Former champions Krawk Island and Darigan Citadel will be duking it out in the Alabriss bracket. This match is guaranteed to be thrilling! Either team can take the victory here.

Additionally, the Terror Mountain-Roo Island match-up is one to take note of. With Terror Mountain's improving performance and Roo Island's unstoppable victories, this will prove whether or not the latter can maintain their win streaks.

On behalf of Austin, this is Katie saying goodbye until tomorrow!

faerieland.png

Obligatory disclaimer: This news report was written to inform you all of the latest Altador Cup results in as entertaining a manner as possible. The rest of its content is largely fictional, composed from various fan comments and the whims of our imagination in an attempt to inspire a sense of realism through our reporting. While we do our best to keep things reasonably neutral, this report is in no way intended to be a completely bias-free listing of the day's results, nor does it claim to provide critical analysis of past and potential outcomes from qualified Altador Cup experts. Please note that the opinions formulated in this report are from a full team of different reporters, and in no way represent the views of only a single faction. If you're looking for 100% unbiased performance data, take a look at our standings page. If professional analysis tickles your fancy, you want our predictions pages (global/daily).

Yikes Terror Mountain is doing so well this year. *throws cookies*

At least MI held a tiny bit of dignity and was able to win SS. *cries*

Go Terror Mountain! I'm so so proud of my team. We started out so terribly and now we've refocused and are gaining some ground! It's crazy to think we're turning into the tournament's YYB powerhouse since that was always our weakest area in every tournament before this one. And Prytariel....I can't find the words. I love this girl. She's one major reason why I decided to join TM five years ago. I love Aishas and this was the only team with an Aisha captain. :)

If we can keep this kind of YYB power up, we could even be able to take on TY or AL! But I'm getting ahead of myself. Let's work on Roo Island first and see how we can do against a team that has an ASG working for it. This'll be a huge test of our new-found power!

wooohooo hard work is paying off, just what I needed to get me motivated to play again.

Congratulations on your near sweep! I know FL could use the morale boost. :)