Do you ever check up on pets that you transfer/pound?

katedid85

I've never looked up old pets, and I have never been contacted about pets that I have adopted.

All the time. I'm just curious to see what's become of pets I've created, or zapped a certain colour, etc. - especially now with customization I get curious to see what ideas new owners come up for them.

I never contact people though about pets I used to own, and I've only ever been contacted once about a pet I caught in the pound that the owner wanted back.

I've never been contacted by old owners and I'd never contact new owners... but I have checked on pets I put in the pound after zapping them into popular colours. I like to think they'll go to people that have found their dreamies, but on one occasion one of my pets ended up in an account that had "pound" in the name, and all pets on it had no background and were unhappy. My old pet was the only one with a petpet attached, but only because I pounded it with one. I hope eventually they'll be traded out to people that want them.

The last pet I put in the pound was quickly adopted and the person had put in a lot of effort to customize him so I was very pleased to see that as it was way better than I could have done. :) I won't be checking up on those pets again now. I really just want to make sure they don't get stuck in the pound as I'd prefer to re-adopt them that have that happen.

I have a list of names somewhere of the pets I have zapped and adopted out, but I have not been keeping it up to date, so there are a few I don't remember anymore. I have not checked up on them in ages and probably won't. They were never my pets, I was just their temporal makeup agency of sorts :D

There's only one pet I traded, and I stopped checking up on them after it apparently changed owners and species. (It was a Krawk when I traded it, and the owner after the person I traded it to, morphed it into something else.)

When I used a couple pets for avatars (Mutant Aisha and Maraquan Buzz) and then pounded them, I checked until they had homes and that was it.

I check maybe a few times, but then i usually forget the name of it.

I just checked on one, since i saw this and it made me remember.

I would be sad if I found that they were not in a home or being taken care of.

Most of them I have removed from the pound and then zapped them to be something cooler looking (a harder color to get) and then I put it back in the pound :)

I do, but I adopt out a lot of pets :) I try to check up on them; if their new home is active, they're fed, they get a new lookup/customization, etc. But not too often, maybe like a few times a year. I've only been ever contacted once by an old owner, they were nice and hoped I was going to take care of their old pet.

I tend to check up on my pets as I often put them on my side accounts. But if I've pounded a pet at random, it's usually because I really want nothing to do with it.

I don't know why but I was quite addicted to pet trading last month. I'm now out of transfers though :(

No, I think I did on the first one, but I got a little sad that it ended up in an inactive account. I also made the mistake of giving one to a crazy chickapoo I knew from the cheater website, and she ended up getting her account frozen after about three months. Pets in frozen accounts die, they become no more.

As I have a professional interest in questions of morality and ethics, I am more than a little confuzzled that we form emotional attachments with nonexistent nonsentient bits of woven electronic darkness. On the otherhand, I gave up on a young chicken that was born with a deformed leg today, she was being attacked by the alpha hen, she wasn't ever going to be able to walk. I fed her the tasty grubs and a last cricket before the MacBethian deed was done.

I check on mine. When I started playing neo again in May I traded/adopted out my four pets. Then I started doing a massive amount of trading.. lol and some adopting. Sadly I recently found one of my pets that I adopted out to someone was in the pound as a stuck pet :(

I didn't used to, but I started keeping track of pets I put in the pound this year. I was adopting pets that someone created with identical names and sent directly to the pound. I would zap them for a few weeks or until they got a good color or species. Most of them have had pretty depressing fates so far, so I don't know how long I'll keep track. I never contact the new owners.

I was contacted by an old owner of one of my pets before. It was pretty cool, because I had already had the pet for five or six years.

I often check back on my old pets to see where they are now :)
One of them is rotting on an abandoned account, but the other one has a great owner who is taking much better care of him than I could.

One person actually did contact me after I adopted their pet. It was really cool, and the previous owner ended up sending me a bunch of the pet's old clothes as a gift :)

yes I adopted a pet from the pound just to get an avatar (a shoyru) I intended to get what I needed and then just repound him

but I ended up feeling sorry for it and couldnt just put it back like that

Ended up spending ages on it turning it into ghost with lab ray and upping its levels to make sure someone would want him and then I checked up a few times to see he is ok...

sheesh Im hopeless ... I keep telling myself its just pixels but I couldnt help it :weird:

• 2 weeks later...

I actually just checked up on a Draik I did for a trade. For just a PDE this person was offering a PDE + up to 3mil paint because they couldn't change gender if it happened to hatch wrong. As soon as they got her, they cross-painted her Royal and Desert. Now her account's frozen, I was so surprised to see that after spending so much NP on her pets.

Oh gosh yes. Still upset that my first pounded yellow aisha got turned into a green uni and the owner was frozen.

Today, I transferred a zapped stealth blum to a really nice girl (it happened to be a dreamie of hers), and she even adopted another pet (a mara buzz) I'd pounded because nobody wanted him :) I was so happy for them.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Vyvren) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Oh my gosh YES! I've kind of backed away from it though because it keeps upsetting me that people get frozen when they have one of my used-to-be-my-pet. I try not to do it, but end up doing it anyway. x.x

As for transfers, I hate pet trading and I'm too young to actually do it unless I meet up with the person offsite so I usually transfer my pets around and around on my sides and main.

I have just two pets that I adopted out. One of them got frozen a couple months later. However, because of this thread I just checked up on the other one and she looks happy, has cute customization, and has a personality and a look-up with a cute little drawing of her. I thought that was so awesome. :)