Do you ever check up on pets that you transfer/pound?

katedid85

I check mine from time to time. I did a lot of trading and adopting out at one point so I'm always curious to see where they end up. I try not to be disheartened if I see them on inactive accounts... I remember one of my pets was on an inactive account for months, but eventually the heartless fiend pounded him lol and now he has been repainted and customized... So sometimes checking up just once in a while can be nice :)

I've never contacted anyone though. I think I had one person contact me once, though I think they were trying to scam me (badly) lol.

I recently adopted & repounded a couple of pets for avatars, and felt really bad about it, haha. I have their names on a list somewhere and will probably go check up on them a little while down the road, hoping that they're adopted and being well taken care of by someone else. So much pound guilt...

Whenever I pound a pet, I check up on him/her until they get adopted. For a little while afterwards, I'll see how they are doing with their owners but after some time I stop and just hope they are being well taken care of.

I never gave away my pets, just sometimes when the lab zap one of my lab rats a nice color I give it away. I got lucky sometimes with the ray, but it was not pets I wanted, but it made others happy. I don't check on them tho, I don't really care at all.

I sometimes search for my UC faerie Pteri that got stolen from my account, I'll never ever get over losing him I think (yes, I know it's just pixels) But he is on a frozen account now, so I don't even have the consolation that he is being taken care of.

I been playing Neopets for awhile but no one ever contacted me about pets i adopted although i never found any painted pets in the pound just level 1 neopets with no stat upgrades or anything special.I never put any neopets in the pound so i don't have anything to say about that though.

Yes.

I had a blue Usul named um...Usauna?

Nothing super special about her, but I didn't want to have space taken up so I got rid of her.

I checked up on her at every step of her being adopted by someone else.

She ended up with someone finally and I neomailed her new owner, said 'hi', stated that I was the old owner and that it would be cool if they took good care of her.

So um... the user no longer exists and neither does Usauna.

Whoops.

Oh well.

They must have been purged for inactivity-- I had neofriended them also so...

Yep.

I pounded my first pet ever created when I was still a Newbie and I didn't know what was what. I came to check up on him every-so often, turns out he got purged a couple months back. :[

• 3 weeks later...

Ohhh reading through some of the replies on this topic made me feel like a weirdo. I get really attached to the pets I foster. I like to zap them until they turn a nice colour to counteract their probably terrible names and make sure they are well fed before I put them back into the pound. After that I do tend to take a look at them to see how their doing. > _<

I haven't put a pet into the pound since I first started playing. I used a transmogrification potion on the pet (I think it was an acara), and to my shock it turned into a mutant grundo! I had no idea what potions and stuff were at the time, so I didn't know any better than to use it :\ Google was just starting up at the time, lol, so "Googling" something was not a thing yet. *feels incredibly old after typing that* haha

I only neomailed people about the pets when I started zapping. And they were right when the pet was adopted, and it was to say congratulations on adopting the pet.

I've never been contacted about having an ld pet.

As for checking up on the old pets, I don't. They're not my pets anymore, so I don't have a say in what happens with them. I think it's rather silly to call people who don't take care of the pets 'heartless' and to get sad when they're not taken care of.

The only pet that I check up on once in awhile is the Draik I traded to get Umo. But, after not having a change in a while, I stopped.

• 1 month later...

I check up on my pets all the time! Even ones I've traded away. I have one spotted Uni with decent beginner stats and a petpet sitting in the pound right now and I'm not sure why he hasn't been picked up, its a pretty cute 5 letter name. I think I may advertize it on the boards one weekend

No, I don't and I got rid of them on purpose. They can all go die in a hole.

• 4 weeks later...

I do for the first few days or so, mainly out of curiosity or an interest in what the new owner is doing to the pet. Ocasionally I'll check after that, but usually I feel assured that my pet is being taken care of because I create pets or take them in from the pound, zap them into a rare/good color, and then look on dream pet lits to send them to somebody who has always wanted this pet

• 2 years later...

yup! some days ago I pounded my ghost lupe, one of my first pets, and I checked him constantly. He has a super-weeaboo name (worse than my account name kek) so he spent some days on the pound, but yesterday I found out he has a new owner and brothers and even a new petpet and I'm so happy ;u; I gave him up because I wanted to create my cybunny and I already had 4 pets and no side-account so ;_; I'm glad someone is making him happy now uwu

Yes, I still check up on the two pets a Kacheek and Shoyru, one is adopted in a very loving home, the other I am waiting, hoping she gets a good home soon.

Occasionally I did. I kept the names of Adopted-Zapped-Pounded pet, on my home page, but one day I changed my profile layout and the names all got wiped. Now I don't bother.