Hello friends!

I'm Hailey. I've lurked the site for a while for my dailies and help on neo-related topics. Yesterday I guess I just decided to make an account on here and today I validated and here I am to say my hellos.

I've been a player since Neopets first surfaced, however I was inactive for a number of years throughout high school and some of college. I made a new account when I was in college, and then it was inactive until last month and now I am back in the game.

I'll just ask this here with my introduction, although I'm sure there is a better place for it, where did my display picture come from? It is, indeed, me- however I don't know where it came from and how it is my profile picture? I sure would like to know though, so I can save a copy of it for myself!

Anyways, aside from that creepy little tidbit of a question, hello! Nice to meet you all. Now I'm going to read into forum etiquette more somewhere so I know what I should and shouldn't post and where I should/shouldn't post it. =P

Hi and welcome Hailey. I'm not sure how your picture could be you without you putting it up, that sure is weird. You can change it here: http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?app=members&module=profile&section=photo and probably see where it's uploaded from and then save it.

Another way to save your picture is to right click the picture - view picture and then save it.

Thanks for the welcomes!

I was in the area where you can change it and whatnot, but I'm going to hold off until I figure out where this one magically appeared from since I didn't upload it to the site. I'm thinking maybe I have an account with a brother site of some sort and it pulled it from there? Like Wordpress or something? =P

It appears really small on here, that's why I don't right click and save, I figured if I found out where it was pulled from I may be able to save a better quality/bigger copy of it. (:

By the way, Midnight Cat, your picture in the signature area is adorable. Very cute neopets!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Welcome! :) The same thing happened to me with my profile photo, and it freaked me out so I promptly changed it hah. I think if you have used a site where they use the "Gravatar" function, similar to this site, then it will save that account info and transfer it here. It is kind of strange, though!

Anyway, welcome to the site! I'm new here as well - just saw your reply on my thread :) If you ever need any help, feel free to ask!

Thanks for the welcomes!

I was in the area where you can change it and whatnot, but I'm going to hold off until I figure out where this one magically appeared from since I didn't upload it to the site. I'm thinking maybe I have an account with a brother site of some sort and it pulled it from there? Like Wordpress or something? =P

It appears really small on here, that's why I don't right click and save, I figured if I found out where it was pulled from I may be able to save a better quality/bigger copy of it. (:

By the way, Midnight Cat, your picture in the signature area is adorable. Very cute neopets!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Thanks, I'll probably have to change it in the near future as my little neo family has grown recently. Good thing I saved it with layers :laughingsmiley:

My post has been edited because it was supposedly a double-post, but I didn't post it another time......

Good thing I'm starting off everything on the right foot here -___- I wonder if whoever edited my post knows where my random picture of myself came from.

My post has been edited because it was supposedly a double-post, but I didn't post it another time......

Good thing I'm starting off everything on the right foot here -___- I wonder if whoever edited my post knows where my random picture of myself came from.

A double post isn't the same post added twice but just where you are replying after you were the most recent to reply. Could be a total different line you're posting.

But since the ALP works with post counts, we have the rule to just edit your previous post if you were the last one to post in that topic. Even if it's a few days ago.

Don't be discouraged by it though, if it only happens once it's not a big deal. We have this rule so people don't spam just to get more post counts. And don't hesitate to contact the person who edited your post if one of your post gets edited (again) and you don't understand why or what happened. :rambo: