Cheek/Dahlia Piercings?

Saxen

Hey guys ^^

I've been thinking about getting dimple or dahlia piercings, but I'm not 100% sure and was wondering what you thought? (Not looking for the opinions of people who are against/dislike all facial piercings cause it's obvious what you'll say xP). I currently have a vertical labret and my nose on the left side.

Example of a cheek or dimple piercing:

607b904e2e3af64c79666b3d400d0343_zpsaf96

Dahlia:

fcf93276f5f4dd7dc3aba3daf30eae8f_zps71d7

Basically wondering which looks nicer, or in general what people think ^^

Personally, cheek piercings are some of my least favorite. As far as face piercings go I'm much more partial to the more "traditional" ones. Lip, eyebrow, nose, that sort of thing.

If I had to pick out of those two pictures, I'd say the dahlia looks better. This is probably in part because the jewelry is smaller in that picture, but also because it's closer to the lip and less like some thing sticking out of your cheek.

Personally, cheek piercings are some of my least favorite. As far as face piercings go I'm much more partial to the more "traditional" ones. Lip, eyebrow, nose, that sort of thing.

If I had to pick out of those two pictures, I'd say the dahlia looks better. This is probably in part because the jewelry is smaller in that picture, but also because it's closer to the lip and less like some thing sticking out of your cheek.

Yeah I agree that they are a bit out there compared to traditional piercings, but I think that's part of the reason I'd quite like to have them. I love piercings that sway from the norm a bit :P

Thanks so much for your input!

The dahlia piercings are really sweet! I like them because they're different than the dimple piercings and they look neat so close to the corners of your lips.

I'm leaning towards the dahlias myself as I think they're a little bit more feminine, and they leave less of a scar if/when you take them out. I agree with you about the placement. Thanks so much :*

I love these, but I do not think I would ever get them done.

I used to have my Tongue pierced, removed it for a job and it closed up, so I never got it re-pierced.

I think they look good on some people but not on others, so I think something it depends on that for me.

your choice i you want them or not :)

I LOVE dahlia piercings, but I think it looks best when you only have one. I'd suggest on your right side as your nose is pierced on the left.

Really?! I've never seen someone with just the one pierced, that could be cute! I think if I had it though the non-symmetry would annoy me xD I'm thinking of getting the other side of my nose pierced cause that's getting to me slightly aha

Sweet idea though! I'll definitely think about it. Piercings are a big decision for me now. I used to wake up and feel like getting a piercing and go and get one, but has scars now XP

@ Blueberrykiwi - Can't quote you for some reason. Yeah I agree, it depends on your face a lot. I've seen some people with long faces that just did not suit cheek piercings. I'll post a pic of myself, would love your opinion ^^

It's a shame you had to take your piercing out :( Tongues are usually okay in the workplace. Did you take it out out of choice or were you asked to?

1whiz0ubwo2jhrwg3224iqjz02950758412_zps3

Hmm, I actually think dahlia piercings would complement your facial structure and what you have already. <3 That being said I think you could pull of cheek piercings pretty well too - the latter's more likely to widen the appearance of your face though, and as you already mentioned, scarring will be more noticeable if you decide to take them out later on down the line.

I love your vertical labret though! I've been craving one of those for the longest time; how was healing for you? ^_^

Normally I'd say no ... but it's you ... so yeah :D

I vote for Dahlias and they'll look good on your cute cheeks :)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not use curse words in your posts. These have been removed.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Just depends on your cheek/bone structure how it would look with you. I have many piercings and tattoos and love them but personally I don't like cheek piercings. It's hard to say which one I like better out of these two though because they're on girls with two completely different facial structures.

I actually have an appointment Saturday to get my septum done, which I've been wanting to do for years but have kept getting other stuff done first.

Hmm, I actually think dahlia piercings would complement your facial structure and what you have already. <3 That being said I think you could pull of cheek piercings pretty well too - the latter's more likely to widen the appearance of your face though, and as you already mentioned, scarring will be more noticeable if you decide to take them out later on down the line.

I love your vertical labret though! I've been craving one of those for the longest time; how was healing for you? ^_^

Thank you darlin ^^ Yeah I have quite a small round face so I wasn't sure about cheek piercings, but for some people they define your cheekbones so I thought that might balance it out xP Scarring is definitely more noticeable with cheek piercings - a friend of mine has one still in but the other has left her with a permanent dimple D:

You should get it!! Healing was fine ^^ It got a bit swollen here and there, but it never got infected. It's my favourite piercing :*

Normally I'd say no ... but it's you ... so hell yeah :D

I vote for Dahlias and they'll look good on your cute cheeks :)

Awww Angelo my love <3 I've missed you! Do you have internets again yet?

@Dawnshine - Everyone has their preferences when it comes to piercings. In all honesty the first time I saw cheek piercings a few years ago I was a bit like ... whut. But since then they've really grown on me. I posted a pic up, lemme know what you think ^^

Oooh lovely! Septum is one of my favourite piercings but my nose wouldn't suit it :/ Good luck :D

Personally I prefer the more traditional piercings as well, but then again I'm simple and boring.

For you Saxen you have such a sweet face, I think the cheek piercings would look really nice on you. The ones by your lip might over shadow your lip ring some and draw attention away from it. Let us know what you decide! :)

Saxen, honestly, I'm not a big fan of the non-traditional piercings and stuff, but going objective here, you've got such a very pretty face, I think that the piercings you are considering would only take away from your natural good looks. I've seen others I've known for ages who've done a facial piercing, and it does just that. I've found them to be a distraction. That's where I'm drawing from. Would someone notice you? Or the piercing? I don't think you need it because I doubt it would enhance anything, just detract in your case. It's your face and your bod. I was just curious by the title and wandered in to see what the heck a Dahlia piercing was. Whatever you do end up deciding, I hope that you're happy with that decision.

Personally I prefer the more traditional piercings as well, but then again I'm simple and boring.

For you Saxen you have such a sweet face, I think the cheek piercings would look really nice on you. The ones by your lip might over shadow your lip ring some and draw attention away from it. Let us know what you decide! :)

:* That's a good point about my lip piercing, thank you ^^ I definitely will!

Saxen, honestly, I'm not a big fan of the non-traditional piercings and stuff, but going objective here, you've got such a very pretty face, I think that the piercings you are considering would only take away from your natural good looks. I've seen others I've known for ages who've done a facial piercing, and it does just that. I've found them to be a distraction. That's where I'm drawing from. Would someone notice you? Or the piercing? I don't think you need it because I doubt it would enhance anything, just detract in your case. It's your face and your bod. I was just curious by the title and wandered in to see what the heck a Dahlia piercing was. Whatever you do end up deciding, I hope that you're happy with that decision.

I'm so bad at accepting compliments XP Thank you though :*. I completely understand what you're saying about it being a distraction, but that's one of the main reasons I started getting piercings in the first place, my face and I haven't always got along aha. Thank you very much for your comments, I'll definitely bare them in mind before I take the plunge! They're serious piercings, need to have a proper think.

Saxen - I think your face would look good with the cheeks pierced... the one on your lip looks good!!

I was asked to take it out, but that was quite a few years ago. I got it when I was 16 :O (took it out around 19 i think for the job) I have been thinking of getting it again, i miss it!! I still have the hole, but the middle is what is closed off. tongue rarely heal all the way through and if removed heal up at least partially...all this talk i think is really making me want to go get it done right now LOL

Thank you hun ^^ and yey, new friend :D!

I got mine when I was 16 as well. You should definitely get it again, such an awesome piercing. I think I'm going to take mine out though and get two on either side instead, looks so cool! Would you be able to get away with it at the job you're in now?

Hi, Saxen! I have 21 piercings myself but wouldn't recommend that you get your cheeks pierced because of the horror story I've read. Do you know of Elayne Angel? I think she holds a presidential seat in the Association of Professional Piercers--someone who had performed 1000s of piercings and has a ton herself wrote that her cheeks leaked because a portion of the partoid gland/duct [the tube that delivers saliva from the gland to the mouth] opened into her piercing channel. Her cheeks leaked [dripped!] for months even after removing the jewelry. She then used a cautery scalpel to burn the holes shut.

I summarized from her book The Piercing Bible, but that's brutal, right?! I don't mean to scare...but that's enough for me to not want them though even the dimple-like scars are cute--go for the dahlias!

Also, she doesn't pierce past the first molars and I can't find anything about dahlias in her book but I'm going to guess they're much safer than the actual cheek.

I know this is kind of weird coming from a gal who has no piercings at all (the advice, I mean...next line), but I think the cheeks and dahlias would be too distracting--it makes me think of Frankenstein's monster with the bolts coming out of his head!

You're already attracting a lot of attention to your mouth with the vertical labret...what about something more subtle, like a Monroe?

Hi, Saxen! I have 21 piercings myself but wouldn't recommend that you get your cheeks pierced because of the horror story I've read. Do you know of Elayne Angel? I think she holds a presidential seat in the Association of Professional Piercers--someone who had performed 1000s of piercings and has a ton herself wrote that her cheeks leaked because a portion of the partoid gland/duct [the tube that delivers saliva from the gland to the mouth] opened into her piercing channel. Her cheeks leaked [dripped!] for months even after removing the jewelry. She then used a cautery scalpel to burn the holes shut.

I summarized from her book The Piercing Bible, but that's brutal, right?! I don't mean to scare...but that's enough for me to not want them though even the dimple-like scars are cute--go for the dahlias!

Also, she doesn't pierce past the first molars and I can't find anything about dahlias in her book but I'm going to guess they're much safer than the actual cheek.

Oh my!!! I did not know that! I think you have completely just made my decision for me that sounds awful! Thank you sooo much for that information, seriously O.O scary stuff. If I do decide to go for it I'll definitely be getting the dahlias!

I know this is kind of weird coming from a gal who has no piercings at all (the advice, I mean...next line), but I think the cheeks and dahlias would be too distracting--it makes me think of Frankenstein's monster with the bolts coming out of his head!

You're already attracting a lot of attention to your mouth with the vertical labret...what about something more subtle, like a Monroe?

I know you meant Frankenstein's monster as a bad thing but I quite likes the sounds of that xP

I love monroe piercings but I don't think it would look right with my labret and nose :'( would have no idea what side to have it on, and a-symmetry is something that gets on my nerves aha. Thanks so much for your suggestions ^^

I like the cheek piercings. I used to have my nose pierced, but it got infected even tough I followed all of the instructions on how to take care of it. I have very oily skin. Oily to the point where I've pretty much given up on wearing eyeshadow because even primer wears off!

What happened with my nose was that I got acne on the piercing. So I called my mom and she said, "You wanna take it out, don't you?" and I was like, "Mmmhmm...".

That's my horror story. My mom has tattoos, but I don't want any. I'm just not a fan, but I think piercings and tattoos are beautiful just not on me. I do love septum piercings on guys if they have the right face for it.

I just hate it when people get judged and get called ugly or trash because they have piercings. Before you judge someone based on how they look get to know them and their lifestyle. For example I weigh over 200 pounds (last time I weighed myself, I was 235 or at least I think so), but I love to exercise and eat healthy and last but not least I wear feminine clothes like dresses and skirts.

Sorry for the rant, but just looking at somebody who has tattoos/piercings/insertsomethingtobejudgedforhere is the worst thing one could do to make a person actually feel as if they are ugly.