The Coincidence

Xepha

In the latest Neopets event, a new step is available and it brings us inside a spaceship named The Coincidence. All you have to do is buy cheap items and give them to the professor. View our guide linked below for steps, prizes and how-to's!

Landelbrot.jpg

View our guide!

This looks promising! And it looks like they're cleaning up Neopia in the process :D Can't wait to see where this goes ^^

hmmm, I'm hoping this will turn into some kind of event, but I have a feeling this might just turn into another daily like grave danger. Since the scientist is a lutari, it could be cool if Lutri island opens up! haha, tho I doubt that will happen, happy to see where this goes, I'll just have to wait to get all the console pieces.

hmmm, I'm hoping this will turn into some kind of event, but I have a feeling this might just turn into another daily like grave danger. Since the scientist is a lutari, it could be cool if Lutri island opens up! haha, tho I doubt that will happen, happy to see where this goes, I'll just have to wait to get all the console pieces.

I thought about this also. I'm hoping it becomes something a little bigger than another daily though!

A lot of people were already hoarding and buying junk items before for the rubbish avatar, so I don't see this being too much different in terms of changing the prices. People were already buying, selling, and trading junk.

I may be overworked and running on 19 Achyfis, but I can still count! If you want the Random Events machine to work again, I still need:

toy_gelert_inbox.gif
Gelert in the Box
x3 toy_ruki_camomarionette.gif
Camouflage Ruki Marionette
x3 mar_splime_blue.gif
Splime
x2

Back again? I'm still working with the materials you gave me. Don't worry, I was able to calculate how long it would take me to finish this part of the Random Events machine. Here is a handy timer you can watch while you wait.

RESEARCH COMPLETE IN:

Or you could go outside and play. You might need a spacesuit, though. It's cold out.

I'm waiting 10hr 20min .... this reminds me of..the curse of fatigue xD

So, my husband has informed me that the ship from the show Firefly is named "The Serendipity," so naming the ship on neopets "The Coincidence" is a reference to this short-lived sci-fi show.

----

Nevermind! The name of the ship on that show is Serenity, not Serendipity.

There was actually another reference to Firefly already. Noticed the Chomby and Grarrl on the dashboard of the NC counter part of the event... (http://www.neopets.com/mall/capture-comets/)

And the scene below is from the first episode:

Hoban “Wash” Washburne playing with a toy dinosaur: Yes. Yes. This is a fertile land and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land! And we will call it... this land!

Wash as T-Rex: I think we should call it your grave!

Wash as the other dinosaur: Ah! Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Wash as T-Rex: Ha ha ha! Mine is an evil laugh! Now die!

Wash as the other dinosaur: Oh no god! Oh, dear God in heaven! - See more at: http://www.planetclaire.org/quotes/firefly/hoban-wash-washburne/#sthash.kYOnoKit.dpuf

just checking .. we get the items and can only do one small piece then we have to wait for some hours before we get to do another one?

Im wondering how long this can go on for and because of the problem with it not being available at the start due to a glitch will we have time to make all the equipment before it ends?

any thoughts?

just checking .. we get the items and can only do one small piece then we have to wait for some hours before we get to do another one?

Im wondering how long this can go on for and because of the problem with it not being available at the start due to a glitch will we have time to make all the equipment before it ends?

any thoughts?

If the maximum wait time is 12 hours, then you could possible do two a day. There are 10 console pieces, so that would be about 5 days. This part of the event ends on Midnight March 31, according to the NC component, so I think you should have enough time.

----

Edit: just to make it clear, you have 7 days, including today, to complete this event (before April 1)

hahaha, I cleared out my SDB just a couple weeks ago after getting the Rubbish avatar. I had all this stuff! xD Oh well.

Edit: Aw, and I was gone all this morning. I missed out on one chance to do it. :/

The wait times might go down as the days go on :) We will just have to see.

or they could get longer .. as they did in the tombs on the last event ... well it will be interesting. Im already wondering if I am crazy enough to get up in the middle of the night to get the next piece :rolleyes_anim: :sad01_anim:

even if I do I have work all day tommorow so Im going to be behind at some point anyway

This is so frustrating, I've been discarding junk items as of late, and now the prices have gone up. :ohno: At least the flash games are back up. Hope the reward for completing this thing is worth it! :P

Totally agreed! I've been buying up and discarding junk like mad trying to get the rubbish avatar, and now it's over 1000 NP for a "Pottery Shard Dagger"! I've probably discarded hundreds of those! :(