The Coincidence

Xepha

Totally agreed! I've been buying up and discarding junk like mad trying to get the rubbish avatar, and now it's over 1000 NP for a "Pottery Shard Dagger"! I've probably discarded hundreds of those! :(

Wow, that's insane inflation right there! Our timing for attempting to get the rubbish avatar couldn't have been worse. :sad01_anim: Plus the flash games are still glitchy and unable to send scores, so I can't even get the money I spent buying those former 1NP junk items back. D:

Ahhh but I hope we get all the parts! Ten hours is a long waiting time and I'll likely forget to check back hmmm I wonder what the reward would be? It says "Random Events machine," so we'll get something that'll, what, give us a random event every day? Increase the chances of getting one? o_O

Sounds like a NP sink? Well maybe not, since most of us are buying from other users, but I have a feeling it's econimic related...or is it?

Anyway here was my day 1 quest:

nightsteed_mug.gif

4 Nightsteed Mugs

tac_nativemask.gif

5 Native Masks

and

bd_wand_shadow.gif

2 Cursed Wands of Shadows.

Looking at the posts, it appears that my guess is correct: it's a junk item sink! All that garbage you got from Tombola is finally going to use. :)

Wait time? That's weird, I thought this was going to be a daily thing XD I'll be asleep by the time I get to complete another task for him, so now I know to start in the morning.

Oh boy, correct if I'm wrong but no one here seems to have seen the message at the Meteor Crash Site

An angry Grundo Scientist appears and is shouting madly. RUN!

meteor_begone.gif

I was thinking that this event would have to end soon because of the Festival of Neggs but now I wonder if we're looking at something much bigger. Either way, super excited.

I think the items will inflate but not much. I mean there are SOOO many of some of these items that I do not see it going up that much.

I don't know, I just had to get two Red Toadstools, which I know were totally worthless before this, and now the cheapest I could find one for was 25k. :-/

Oh boy, correct if I'm wrong but no one here seems to have seen the message at the Meteor Crash Site

An angry Grundo Scientist appears and is shouting madly. RUN!

meteor_begone.gif

I was thinking that this event would have to end soon because of the Festival of Neggs but now I wonder if we're looking at something much bigger. Either way, super excited.

As far as I know, that's not related to the current stuff that's been going on. I've gotten that event multiple times waaaay back.

It's a regular thing when you don't get stuff from the meteor. (See the TDN article about the crash site.)

Aw, whaaat? I have to find 3 Gelert in the Box but S.W. can't find any. Blergh.

Gelert in the Box are now going for 83K+

I'm not thrilled with how quickly the prices are going up on junk. I won't be buying any Gelerts in the Box at 83K that's for sure!

Cursed Wand of Shadows is UB.

Yikes... Plushie Chomby Balloon x5 - going at 89000NP each currently. I hope that the rest of this event does not end up being quite as expensive :s

I was stunned when I needed Plushie Chomby Balloon x3. I had 1 in my SDB but I had to shell out 160k for the other 2. Good thing I never bothered to get the rubbish avi so I still have a supply of junk. I also needed Turmac Snacks x2 and Maraquan Charger Plushie x3 but fortunately I had 8 and 80 of those, respectively.

That's a really nice idea ^^ You should make the board :*

I'm thinking maybe we shouldn't post up what is being asked for unless we need help, since there's a lot of lurkers and people may be gathering results so they can buy out items and inflate them

I'm collecting extras in case anyone needs ^^ (for free I mean xD)

That's a really nice idea ^^ You should make the board :*

I'm thinking maybe we shouldn't post up what is being asked for unless we need help, since there's a lot of lurkers and people may be gathering results so they can buy out items and inflate them

I'm collecting extras in case anyone needs ^^ (for free I mean xD)

We can ask the posters to erase the name of the item once it has been gifted.

Since I'm on mobile, I won't be making the thread yet. I think I could get to the computer in 3 hours or so.

Seriously. . .It was such a good idea. I was so interested in where this was going. . . then they added the find the items bit. Having to buy an item that was previously 2np for 70k? No way. Thanks. . .

We can ask the posters to erase the name of the item once it has been gifted.

Since I'm on mobile, I won't be making the thread yet. I think I could get to the computer in 3 hours or so.

Excellent idea! Hopefully there will be enough variety of items that everyone will be able to complete their quests with minimal cost *crosses fingers*. All the ones I just got were under 10np

I knew I shouldn't have cleaned out my SDB two weeks ago. *sniffle*

Worst of all, I couldn't get the last of the lights puzzles because I had to go to the dentist today (had to get up early) and it wasn't working when it switched to the last puzzle. I guess that does me for the avatar... again. Why does NeoPets require everyone to be able to go onto their site multiple times a day for these things? People have real lives outside of NeoPets. *sad sigh* I missed the avatar for the Spooky Food because I missed one of the early food eating days. One day and I lose half the stuff. *wahhh* :sad02:

I hope that it's a good event despite this. I'm looking forward to something exciting. Maybe a new area? A new daily would be awesome. :laughingsmiley: