New Items For The Coincidence; Glitches Reported

hrtbrk

TNT is currently putting out a new item pool for this current step of the event; however, there are some glitches being reported such as NC items being requested.

It may be best to wait a bit before attempting a new event quest while this gets ironed out. We will keep you updated on a fix! Happy Questing!

UPDATE: 3:15 PM NST It appears that the glitches have been fixed.

new-features-3-15-spaceship-intthecoin-2

It's a relief to see they're so on the ball with this one!

Well, more junk being deleted is always good for the economy, but now the final prize will be worthless because everyone will have it. :(

I'm extremely frustrated by that - I was hoping for a final prize that would be worth a few million for once - but I'll get over it. Maybe next time TNT will abandon their "everyone's a winner" mentality for once.

Well, more junk being deleted is always good for the economy, but now the final prize will be worthless because everyone will have it. :(

I'm extremely frustrated by that - I was hoping for a final prize that would be worth a few million for once - but I'll get over it. Maybe next time TNT will abandon their "everyone's a winner" mentality for once.

What makes you think that everyone will have it? Not everyone can get on every day, people are bound to have missed days. Plus there are three prizes if you build the ray gun whatsits individually, and a different prize if you build them all together.

I don't think TNT have an everyone's a winner mentality at all, in fact quite the opposite a lot of the time xD they reward people who are on the site 24/7, and quite a number of people aren't able to do that.

Most people can get on every day, though. It doesn't take that long, I'm sure most people have at least an hour or two to themselves every day.

Nah, if they didn't have an "everyone's a winner" mentality, they wouldn't have changed this. Anyone can easily follow a guide to complete most Neopets events easily. The only event that requires you to go above and beyond to get the best prizes is the Altador Cup.

But I know this is a very unpopular opinion. I'm going to shut up before this gets heated.

If they didn't change it things would have got out of control with inflation. Jumpstart has just taken over Neo, it's not a great first impression if half the players are unable to complete the first event they do. Personally I feel as if we were listened to and they're actually doing their best to ensure people's happiness, which in the past a lot of the time they haven't bothered with xP

I wasn't having a go at all, just expressing my opinion. This conversation is cool as a cucumber as far as I'm concerned don't worry :P

Don't get me wrong, I'm mostly in favor of this, and it's good they listened, but I care more about getting rid of more junk items for the economy rather than because of the users. I know it seems mean, but that's just the way I am. I don't play this game to make friends.

I've expressed this opinion on JN, and it got heated there. I don't want the same thing to happen here. That's all.

I'm not sure I follow what you mean? I think this event was a great idea to try and minimize the amount of rubbish that's floating about, it just got a bit out of control due to opportunists which isn't really fair. Buying up items and inflating the prices are against the rules, it's their job to sort that out and make sure that everyone can participate. Neopets is a business and if things like this continue to happen, people will stop playing, and Neopets will cease to exist.

You won't get that with me, I'm not an argumentative person, just giving my opinion ^^

I'm guessing the bigger problem was that the site had been extremely slow the entire event. TNT has had plenty of events where everyone didn't get the big prize. I'd say that is actually the majority of events. In this case, the site was unbearable to use. TNT wants people to remain on Neopets for as long as possible each day, and no one is going to want to spend a lot of time on Neopets when it is impossible to price any items. Having several measures of web traffic plummet right after switching to JumpStart is not going to look good.

Whew. My bank account and I heaved a great sigh of relief at this news. It was already lighter after I ran into just ONE of those quests with badly inflated items (not to mention I already had a few of them stashed in my SDB).

@idriya: I'm not sure about others or whether there would be tons of people with the big final prize but I know for me, I'm doubting whether I'll be able to build all 3 by the end of this stage/event. The waiting time in between each quest is a bit of a challenge for me. While I do have an hour or two to myself, it's pretty much a fixed time. But I sometimes have to wait 10 or 11 hours & that may clash with some other things I'm doing. Just like yesterday, I was at the doctor's & then ran some errands so I started on the new quest late & everything was delayed. As of now, I don't even have 1 part fully built.

I'm wondering what the final prize will be or if it'll be worth it. I've seen the book go for 50k+ on auction and people asking 5x more on the TP. Greedy neopians! In retrospect, they could just be earning back the NP needed to complete the quests. Hmm...

I'm wondering what the final prize will be or if it'll be worth it. I've seen the book go for 50k+ on auction and people asking 5x more on the TP. Greedy neopians! In retrospect, they could just be earning back the NP needed to complete the quests. Hmm...

I can't wait to find out what the big one is! I have one piece tonight and one tommorrow and I'm done! I'm very glad that they extended the item pool but in the beginning I spent half my total np on silly clown sprinklers and such (just went on a massive outfit splurge before the even started)! I don't like feeling like I'm gouging people but I did get ripped off in the beginning so much and I hate not finishing things. I'm going to wait and put all three together, but I hate not having the three seperate ones.

I think that the prize at the end may be a bit of a disapointment to some, although this has been quite a stressful event we havent actually had to work hard at all, ... no trying to beat scores or play against hard opponents for hours on end clicking endlessly

no, it has just been buying items (which should have been very low price and easy to find) then waiting to do that again over and over.

If TNT didnt realise that the inflation part would make it so stressful then this event should have been easy peasy and not worth much of an end prize at all IMHO

I would love an avatar but I dont expect a prize that is worth a lot

I think that this is probably a way to introduce a new daily that will be a way to take the junk items out of neopia on a regular basis, I hope so anyway.

I think that this is probably a way to introduce a new daily that will be a way to take the junk items out of neopia on a regular basis, I hope so anyway.

This is exactly what I was thinking. They are probably going to make this another daily like grave danger except this is one more way to get things off the server. Good for them.

This is exactly what I was thinking. They are probably going to make this another daily like grave danger except this is one more way to get things off the server. Good for them.

I think it would be good fun to go around finding low price items that are clogging up neo and using them to recycle into interesting items that end up in our inventory. I am really hoping that is what is going to happen.

I think it would be good fun to go around finding low price items that are clogging up neo and using them to recycle into interesting items that end up in our inventory. I am really hoping that is what is going to happen.

i thinking the same, hope that the item to use no raise the prizes, like before

I think TNT have learned a lot from this and they would probably not use such a small selection of low price items in future so that people couldnt buy them all and push the prices up. I was very impressed with the editorial where TNT admit that they didnt expect the inflation to be so bad and they say they did something about it etc ... I see this as a really positive sign that they are going to improve with Jumpstart.