New Avatar: Aboard the Coincidence

hrtbrk

I got my avatar yay! AND there is now a counter going again woo hoo!!!...

I am hoping that means that this is going to be a new daily, we get to go around neopia collecting and recycling junk.

I am hoping that means that people who couldnt get the avatar this time around will be able to get it in the future with the new timer

Awwh. :( I want this avatar but I don't think I'll be able to complete all of the pieces in time, not at only 2 per day. If only the wait time was shorter, I might have a shot. Oh well.

EDIT: Well, maayyyybe I can get it. I only have four pieces left and my next one will be available to complete in less than 2 hours. Hopefully I can do another tonight before bed, and then that only leaves two for tomorrow.. So, maybe it's possible. Crossing my fingers!

It's a shame that there's such a tight deadline, it doesn't look like I'll be getting this avatar :( Also, I kinda wish they hadn't announced it as now the inflation is rocketing again because people know us avatar hunters will often pay a lot towards getting an avatar.

Upon getting the final piece, I have a counter of 90 hours right now. No idea what that's for, maybe a time limit to decide which prize? It should end at midnight NST on the 31st as this is when the NC prizes are done.

I just finished and my counter says 78 hours, which would put us somewhere mid-day on Wednesday April 2 (~news time?). People might have all the way until then to finish up this step.

I've also heard that sometimes people get shorter wait times when they aren't able to do the 'quest' every 10-12 hours... so for those worried that you might not finish, keep at it! :)

I'm down to one more piece to go! I've got an 8 hour wait at this point. I think I'm going to go for the background since I don't collect other stuff. On the first piece I spent about 100,000 to get all the items, but after that, it's been under 5000 per piece. Except today. As I was trying to buy 3 of an item it went from 4000 per item to 16000 per item as I was literally clicking from the shop wizard and having the "item not found" before I could actually buy it. It took a few minutes before I got 3 of them. But knowing there's an avvie at the end makes me happy :happydance:

I finished and decided to get the thee parts done separately because of the book.

I didn't get any counter though?

Luckily most of the time the items asked were cheap except in the beginning when people here helped me a lot (I was also able to help others with some items I didn't need). Only yesterday, for the last piece, I was checking the price and as I was reshrehing it went from 500 to 1500 in a minure or so and I wasn't able to grab even those - bought 3 at 2000... Totally crazy :(

I'm trying to decide whether to build all three or do them individually? Hmmmm...

yep! People are saying we have until Wednesday sooo Im going to try to get this avvie for my main (i think I need to complete 6 more quests for this)! I really hope The timers get shortened!

I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I only have one piece left and I should get it tonight (7.5 hours to go!), and I haven't built anything yet.

I thiiiiink I'll build them all separately to get the book. Right now it's going for about 400K on the trading post and I can't imagine it'll get significantly lower. There's a limited supply and people will be reading them to their pets and thus taking them out of circulation. The background is only worth about 200-250K from what I'm seeing, so unless it goes up a lot in the future I wouldn't make a profit selling that to buy the book (I'd actually lose np). Looks like Mallard Tape and Dice of Ultimate Probability are worth around 8-10K in total, so I won't make much money selling them. I wish I had more time to see what the prices will do, but any big changes will probably happen after the event is over.

Whatever I do, the main thing I want is the avatar, so as long as I get that I'll be happy I think.

I got the book, I'm not quite sure how much the prices are gonna settle down as there was that price inflation and what not.

The countdown ends at midnight tonight, right? I don't think I'll be able to finish! Two pieces left and waiting for a 10 hour countdown. I haven't had a single wait less than 10 hours, so I've been doing it as often as I possibly could (unless I'd totally given up on sleep), and I still won't get them all. Fingers crossed it'll be extended just a little bit longer.

The counter ends in 51 hours 21 minutes. You still have some time to finish this step. :)

Where is this timer located?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (hrtbrk) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.