NEW DAILY: The Coincidence

Ruto

At least you were able to kinda do something :P Gonna take me forever to get one of the items I need.

What is it that you need? I'll have a lewk in me SDB

"A strong electric current fills the room, crackling with powerful energy. When everything has settled, you see that there is something quite different about Princesadosmares. It looks like their defence has gone up by 9! Wow!"

Niiiice! :D But people are getting avvies?! ME WANTS AVVIES

UPDATE: oh-em-gee. According to the JellyNeo guide you can get:

• Any avatar (including retired avatars) Note: A few unreleased avatars have also been reported!

I'M SO DEAD RIGHT NOW

Eh, my pet's level was zapped down to 1, but she was only level 2 so I'm not terribly upset about that lol.
I am very interested in the random avatars being awarded, however!

It was always a bit of a bummer finding an avatar that you really liked, but couldn't get because you weren't around to participate in that particular event.

I had a feeling this would be a new daily. It's disappointing that this wasn't a full out plot like many of you had hoped...and while I was right that it wouldn't be Lutari Island related, I am also wondering if they will ever do anything about it. TNT says they haven't forgotten about it, but honestly it should have opened years ago. They might as well just get rid of it if they won't ever add it to Neopia.

Well brilliant. I try the daily and Landfish is unbuyable. Apparently TNT didn't fix all the overpriced junk.

A parade of dozens of Lutaris marches through the spaceship. They get to the end of their song, then look around, confused. 'Eh, how do we get to Shenkuu?' one asks you.

I wish this were a hint or clue instead of another random weird Neopet thing.

"You hear the Turmaculus roaring over the ship's comm system. Scintilly trembles in fear."

Well, at least I didn't lose any stats. Expensive as training is for my pet at this point, I'm wary of making this one of my daily activities. Might have to gather stats for a while to see if it's worth it.

A crew of Alien Aishas docks with the ship, comes aboard, snaps photos of everything they see, then leaves for their next tourist stop.

*sigh* I kinda wanted something more... exciting~

Edit: ok, so after skimming through several pages of the neoboards I can conclude that most people disliked the idea of giving out avatars (I wouldn't mind the random ones...) what I can say for myself is that I do feel they shouldn't give out retired plot avatars, they should instead make it easier for us to obtain really hard ones nowadays eg: I do not agree with giving out as a random event the Stamp Collector - Lost Desert avatar, but I do agree with giving out the Coltzan Stamp as it is a retired item needed for this avatar, besides handing out this type of items do not necessarily mean they will earn them the same avatar, as the user can still be missing other stamps for his album (although it is a liitle bit easier to complete it...)

Still can't get 2x Stagnant Puddle of Water. Dang, it had to be that item? So hard to get

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not swear. The offending word has been edited.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I spent a ridiculous amount of NP on my items, and in the RE, it said something about an amulet floating around space. It took my items out of my inventory. Other than that, no prize, but my clock now has about 4 and a half hours on it. :/ If Sandrea's stats had reduced or her level went back to 1, I would be beyond angry, cause her level is over 150 and the rest of her stats are extremely high. The other two pets I have, I wouldn't care, they're low levels anyway. That's my only gripe about this "daily" except for the inflation of course.

I agree Angel. Even with inflation, my items only cost around 1k luckily even though I didn't get anything. My so had to dish out the same np and one of his pets dropped to level 0!!! Really? She's not a bd pet obviously but still, a little insulting. :( I probably won't take the chance with my bd pet. I haven't seen a species/color change yet, so I think my other pets are safe to try. I'd be irked if I lost my chocolate xweetok.

I missed the avatar event, lol. But ... I don't disagree with it. Right now, the stamp ones are pretty impossible to obtain and people online can attempt charging REAL money (illegal), for those stamps/items. This helps bring the huge price down both on Neo and reality and is reasonable to me. I'm surprised by the hostility because avatar collectors could benefit from this, too! Just make it extremely rare. You'd still earn it technically. Past events you can no longer obtain but by having participated in them, you get them easier.

If Sandrea's stats had reduced or her level went back to 1, I would be beyond angry, cause her level is over 150 and the rest of her stats are extremely high. The other two pets I have, I wouldn't care, they're low levels anyway. That's my only gripe about this "daily" except for the inflation of course.

If it's like the Lab Ray, the level will only be reduced to 1 if it's already pretty low. (Though I forget the exact cutoff.) A high-level pet may lose a level or two, but not all of them, to the Lab Ray.

That's still an "if", though--don't rely on it being the same.

I concluded during the event that I couldn't possibly finish and stopped building components, and the last three items he asked for then are the ones I'm still on the hook for now. :thumbsdown: Really hoping TNT fixes this so we can opt out of quests (still having the time penalty before we can try again is fine).

@Nubisbully - Those stagnant puddles of water are ridiculous right now! I've been crossing my fingers for scoring a couple free ones at the fishing hole. One of those was going for about 50k when I searched a little while ago...

@balance - It appears that stats that aren't levels can decrease also, but it goes down only by a couple. I wouldn't mind that as far as Sandrea is concerned because the chance of her getting a gain of like an 8 or 9 points in something would be far more valuable to me. Same goes for her level if she only goes down like one or two levels, then whatever. I don't think TNT would truly make the higher leveled pets go back to one, or would they? That would tick a lot of BDers off! I did my task for today and got something about ancient ship plans, an RE that does nothing. *shrugs*

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTT

An electric current seems to fill the room. When everything has settled, you see that there is something different about MoonKau. It looks like their level has gone up by 3!

An electric current seems to fill the room. When everything has settled, you see that there is something different about Sisamoku. It looks like their defence has gone down by 2!

*sigh* Darn it. That was two rounds in the Academy down the drain. :sad02: