Hello!

Hello everyone! I am new to the forums but have lurking on the dailies page and the few threads that pop up on the side of it for quite a few years. I hope to have lots of fun and meet lots of new people. I have played neo for 9.5 years now, although my first account was frozen about 3-4 years ago. A while back, when I still had that account, at some point I dropped my first pet, a blue kougra off at the pound. About 2 years ago, I found her, but she had been adopted by someone else, so I just said oh well, my bad choice and left it at that, but a year ago curiosity stuck again, and she just happened to be in the pound again! So I now have Bloomerto37 back, and I am currently zapping him with the ray until he is something I like, I don't think I'll ever get rid of him, bad name or not! :)

Neopets at this time has become a coping point with me latly as well as a couple of forums I am part of. Nine months ago, my health took a sudden downturn, and I went from riding my bike 30-40 miles + a day, working a part time job, playing local sports, doing endurance things (the long bridge swim, chafe150, the scenic half half marathon, etc) , swimming, skiing, hiking, playing and generally doing what ever I wanted at the peak of my health to being home, stuck in bed, unable to leave or even make it to kitchen with out passing out and/or have seizures within 3 months. I have been trapped in my own home for 6 months straight now and am looking at a highly likely pending diagnosis of Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE). My artwork, video games and neopets, as well as some other things have become my main ways of coping, so here I am! Thought another forum would be some fun and a good place to make some new friends and to get some critique on my artwork as I am starting my journey to become a professional artist.

Sorry for typos, I have a lot of joint and circulation issues right now that make typing and mousing a bit difficult.

Hello and welcome to TDNF. I'm sorry to hear about the potential SLE. Neo helps to distract me from some things that are hard to cope with in life often as well. The reason I started playing again in my adulthood was basically just to distract from some real life stuff that was getting me down, and now I'm hooked again. I hope you find some companionship and conversation here.

Hey! Welcome fellow newbie :) Great story about your first pet, not so great about your health. I've been around about as long as you (started playing 2000/2001 but with a big break until about a year ago.)

I've been in your shoes and am currently three years into my SLE/Fibro/Sjorgrens plus migrane/seizure diagnosis fun. Love neo to take your mind off of it, except for KeyQuest which is impossible when my joints seize up.

I'm always up to chat if you're interested or bored.

Hey! Welcome fellow newbie :) Great story about your first pet, not so great about your health. I've been around about as long as you (started playing 2000/2001 but with a big break until about a year ago.)

I've been in your shoes and am currently three years into my SLE/Fibro/Sjorgrens plus migrane/seizure diagnosis fun. Love neo to take your mind off of it, except for KeyQuest which is impossible when my joints seize up.

I'm always up to chat if you're interested or bored.

Wow, you haven't heard the half of it. I'll have to make a thread to copy my stuff from the other forum to. I have been through everything. I had around 300 seizures from Nov 2013 - Feb 2014, been there done it all.

I dunno.. here is a link to that thread if anybody feels like looking. :)

http://windstoneeditions.com/forum/seizures-eegs-and-icu-maybe-lupus

It had been a bit better until I flared again a week ago.