Is it agains the rules put a link to your FB or mention your fb on your Neopets profile?

Pinkuru

D: Somebody in my guild said "im really surprised u gave ur actual account on ur descrip. Isnt that against the rules?"

Which made me wonder if it is really against the rules xD

anyone knows?

Not as far as I'm aware, there is after all no rule either against stating your real name and birth date. But if you're unsure, you could always send in a ticket, or maybe go through the rules/guidelines yourself and see if there's anything in it. With neopets it's ALWAYS better to be safe than sorry.

D: Somody in my guild said "im really surprised u gave ur actual account on ur descrip. Isnt that against the rules?"

Which made me wonder if it is really against the rules xD

anyone knows?

Putting a FB link, that's a no-no. Mentioning FB should be avoided on neopets.

Not as far as I'm aware, there is after all no rule either against stating your real name and birth date. But if you're unsure, you could always send in a ticket, or maybe go through the rules/guidelines yourself and see if there's anything in it. With neopets it's ALWAYS better to be safe than sorry.

Actually this basically goes against Neopets' rule of "No sharing personal information" on the site.

So to answer the question: Yes, it is, when discussing Facebook mentions how to find your personal information on Facebook. Here are a few editorials on the subject:

http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=editorial&week=628

Hi, Neopets staff! I wanted to ask a quick question regarding social media sites, specifically Facebook. Are we allowed to discuss it in private messages or on the boards? Thanks for reading my note. Here are some flowers. ~_glasscat_

As we have buttons to Facebook on our site, and a Facebook page, the web site itself may be mentioned, most safely with regard to something we posted there. However, it may not be mentioned in any capacity as a way to request or give personal information, either on the Neoboards or through Neomail. You can ask someone if they saw TNT mention something on Facebook, but you cannot tell or ask a player for information that would lead them to a personal Facebook account.

http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=editorial&week=597

Is it okay to mention other websites on Neopets, such as deviantART? I want to start a guild dedicated to gathering members with accounts there, and I'm really, really scared of having my account suspended (or worse) over it! ~emiemi345

No, the only sites that you may link to are the Recommended Fan Sites. You may discussCertified Fan Sites or the Neopets Facebook page (specifically), but linking to them may result in a warning.

http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=editorial&week=560

There are links to Facebook all over Neopets. Why can't we mention it on the boards? ~_pinkster_88

You can mention Facebook. What you cannot do is offer or request personal information, which includes your full name or information that would lead to your Facebook profile.

Okay:

"Hey guys, there's going to be site maintenance tonight. TNT just posted a notice on Facebook."

Not okay:

"You can find me on FB as Frank Sloth."

"Hey, how can I find you on the book of face? ;)"

http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=editorial&week=512

I'd never been warned before today, and the warning I received was for mentioning Facebook on the Neoboards. Although I didn't mention any personal information or offsite links, I still received this warning message: "While you can reference Facebook and talk about content that is posted on the Neopets Facebook page, you still cannot post your personal Facebook account information or any links to offsite content, whether it's Neopets related or not." Was this just an informative warning to let me know the ground rules of talking about Facebook, or will it count against me in any way? :x Thanks. *leaves plate of cookies because you guys are awesome* ~beccaandcolton

No, it will not count against you. It was just an informative message to help clarify our rules about mentioning Facebook on the site. Remember, "Official Message" in the subject line is just a note from the staff. "Official Warning" is the one that counts.

Also, just a note for those who answer "Is it against the rules?" posts - please be sure to double, triple check your sources before giving an answer because we don't want to be giving false information to our users. There are often editorial answers to these questions - please go have a look before you give any advice.

Thank you very much to all of you D: i already deleted all the facebook references i made hehe :P wont happen again u3u

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).
The original topic is now answered and will be closed.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.