Ylanas Blaster vs Brynn's Sword

Whats the difference between the two ? they're both the same price ...

The blaster deals 12.67 icons and the sword deals 12.75 icons. The icons are different though. I haven't checked in a long time but I think YBlaster has better iconage.

There's some difference between the two, and it became a dilemma for me.

Not long ago, I got a Pirate Draik Egg from the Forgotten Shore, and I decided to cash it and then buy some weapons, while keeping the rest. I buy a HCC, but then I got confused when I have to buy either YB or BS.

The YB has 0.08 icons less then the BS. Then again, the icon type for BS is not as good as those of YB. Let's just see it this way:

Ylanas Blaster

ros_bd_ylanasblaster.gifAttack: fire.pngfire.pngfire.pngfire.pngfire.png(5 fire)air.pngair.png(2 air)earth.pngearth.png0.667earth.pngphysical.pngphysical.pngphysical.png (Total: 12.667 icons)

Brynns Legendary Sword of Wraith Smiting

bd_sword_brynnrep.gifAttack: fire.pngfire.pngfire.pngearth.pngearth.pngearth.pnglight.png0.75light.pngphysical.pngphysical.pngphysical.pngphysical.pngphysical.png (Total: 12.75 icons)

The physical icons from the BS is the primary downside. Lots of weapon can block those things. While YB only has 3, BS has 5. If your opponent is using these things' nemesis, the RP, you'd better use the YB. But, if your opponent uses WC, it'd be better for you to use BS.

So, I finally bought the YB, because it's a blaster (better in real life), and it seems more promising (because of the fire icons), even though I'm a huge fan of TFR (even though I didn't participate because I didn't know how to participate at that time), and I found a bargain of 800,000 NPs! Anyway, if you want more opinions, feel free to click the links that I gave you in this article.

I had a Ylanas blaster for quite some time and it served me well. :) I eventually sold it to help pay for a Stone Foam Finger. Since I only battle 1player battles, the total icons are a bit more important than the type at this time. ;)

I have never used Brynn's Sword. While it does seem to average a, pardon the pun, razor's edge of slightly more damage. Fernael brought up a good point in the comparison between Icon types.

One thing I would like to point out as far as physical damage. physical type damage can't be reflected, only blocked, while the elemental icons can all be reflected. Which would be something to consider Brynn's Sword about.

In the end, between the two, it really depends on you. The stats are so close, you could even decide with a coin toss, Or, whichever one happens to be cheaper at the time that you'd like to get one of them.

It depends on your battle style, your other equipment, including backup equipment that you might employ. And of course, it depends on battling such as if you do 1 player or 2 player, or both. Also, the opponents you are going to fight and their defense gear capabilities. Which of course TDN's 1player profiles section in the battlepedia has the info for that. ;)

I hope this helps.

I already have YB for a while now .. I was just asking to see if I should add Brynn's Sword to my set ... I only do 1P as well :)

Anyway thanks for the answers .. I guess I'll save my Mil and put it towards another weapon fund ..

BTW I think the Rusty Pitchfork is great :O