Nay for massive fails

Saxen

The other night i was painting my nails and i accidentally dropped the brush, which made me jump and flail my arms causing me to knock my drink all over my keyboard (which is now dead), and when i went to bend to pick up the brush i pushed my hair back with my still wet nails and got nail varnish stuck in my hair

:( xD

A classical example of when it rains it pours. Hate it when stuff like that happens. I'm sure you'll be okay and if your laptop is a standard model getting a new keyboard shouldn't be that hard.

To share my own story so that you don't feel it's only you, a month ago my boyfriend spilled some honey over my keyboard. We cleaned it up quickly and thought nothing of it. Well, I start using some more obscure keys (like #) and come to find they are stuck. So I take them out, clean them up and put them back in. So far so good, but some of them still don't work. There is honey under the little springs. Whatever, take them out, disassemble the springs and clean as best as I can. All is fine until I accidentally break one of the springs, the # key. Now, that wouldn't be much trouble to others, but I'm a programmer, that key is important. So I fiddle with it more and break a nail in the process. Now it falls off the keyboard every time I press it. Did I mention my Delete, Insert, Print Screen key are all still slightly sticky because there is honey in obscure places? Did I also mention I am no in a position to buy a new keyboard? Let's see how long I can last before I just snap and rage buy one of Amazon :D

on the plus side you didn't spill your nail polish bottle! yup that happened to me many years ago. I was home alone and decided to paint my nails bright red while laying on my parents bed watching TV...yup. all over the place. and there's still some on a pillow case to this day :X I was grounded...but in a twist of fate a few days later my mom dumped a bottle of copper nail polish all over one of the rugs while painting HER nails. there's literally a huge orange spot on this expensive rug that they still use. heh :p

Yes, it has happened to all of us. I had just bought a new Toshiba Laptop computer. I got a good deal on it and paid 600.00 back in 2006. My son was using it, he was 7 at the time. My husband wanted a glass of soda so I said I would go get it as I wanted to get my computer from my son too. He left it on the kitchen counter top. Why? I have no idea. We have tile floor. (you see where this is going). I poured the soda, grabbed the glass in one hand and the computer in the other. I don't know HOW it happened but the computer slipped out of my hand, and as it was falling, I must have tried to catch it because the soda went flying too, yes, a GLASS of soda, and hit the floor along with my computer. I hoped and prayed that my computer, wet with soda and covered with fragments of glass, would be ok. I opened it up and the soda was all inside it. I turned it on, and much to my surprise, it worked!!!!! But the screen was cracked severely!!!! My computer was less than 3 months old. Computers, soda, and tile floors do not mix.

I did get a new screen for it eventually, but it was never the same. :sick01:

I spilled an entire cup of coffee on my keyboard a few weeks ago and to stop the down button from being stuck downward forever I had to pry it off. My keyboard looks pretty ratchet now.

But hey, aside from that button being completely ruined I don't have to deal with what is was doing previously. That was some intensive downward scrolling.

Oh man, looks like I'm not the only clumsy on TDN!

I have a new keyboard now (luckily I'm using a desktop so it was a lot easier to replace)

I once spilled almost an entire 32oz cup of water right onto the keyboard of my laptop. I immediately tipped it over to pour out as much water as I could, and then opened the whole thing up and let it air out for two days. Thankfully it came back to life, good as new, but I was so scared that I'd killed it.

• 1 year later...
Guest misarella

I was eating my cereal when i dropped my spoon on the ground. I bent to pick it up and tipped the chair over, creating a dent on the ground. I stood up but hit the table, and my glass of milk spilled and it rolled onto the ground, shattering into pieces. Yay me.