Nay for Sinus Infections

officialsarahjay

Seriously? CAN I GET AN AMEN?

Last month I had a righteous sinus infection that prompted a visit to Immediate Care and antibiotics. Then my roommate comes down with strep, and although I didn't get strep...which is good...the mess of it triggered another sinus infection.

This one might be worse than the first.

I am really not digging this! Least I can stay in bed and catch up on my DVR and play Neopets but still. I had dreams and plans and blog posts to write!

Yay, Sarah!

Nay, sinuses...

D: I'm like... Sitting right here next to you. Let me know if you need anything, lol.

You are truly a derp and I think this is the closest I'll ever get to speaking telepathically to you.

Even though you're sitting next to me. :mario:

I feel ya! I never had sinus issues until two years ago when I had half a dozen in a year, had sinus surgery, got pregnant (cured most of my ails) thought I was in the clear until the end of this winter then BAM! Off and on for two months. Ick. Luckily no flu or strep here so I'll count my blessings. Good luck getting over it, hopefully the Spring air will help it clear out.

I feel ya! I never had sinus issues until two years ago when I had half a dozen in a year, had sinus surgery, got pregnant (cured most of my ails) thought I was in the clear until the end of this winter then BAM! Off and on for two months. Ick. Luckily no flu or strep here so I'll count my blessings. Good luck getting over it, hopefully the Spring air will help it clear out.

Oh, I hope so. This one it turns out is viral, so no antibiotics in the world will help. Just TLC. :(

How scary is sinus surgery? I have a deviated septum and I'm wondering if the sinus infections are a result of that.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sabs

That sounds horrible! I hope you are doing better. Sinus infections are the worst! I deal with allergy and sinus issues all year round due to dust or pollen in the air, and it's a nightmare. Thanks goodness for meds. I'd like a new nose please! lol

• 3 weeks later...

I know how you both feel! My sinus infections get so bad that they go into my lungs. Then it's the doctor, meds, and all that stuff. I have to skip work and the gym for almost two weeks to get over it. Meanwhile, I'm on NeoPets, watching movies, and sending my fiance to RedBox with a movie list. lol