The Coconut Shy Theory works!

I guess I'm unfamiliar with the theory, but I have barely ever played. What is it, exactly? And what did you get from it working? Welcome to the forums, btw, since you said this is your first time posting. Also I creeped on your pets and they are awesome! I've never actually seen a mutant yurble, so cool!

Thank you! The theory is basically to keep your cursor on top of the first 'a' to knock off the coconut.

http://www.thedailyneopets.com/articles/coconut-shy-theory/

I received the avatar, 10,000 neopoints, and a Vicious Evil Coconut which is worth over 100k I believe!!

And thank you so much about my pets! I actually found my mutant yurble in the pound!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (N. Prime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. Use the edit button if you have something to add to your post instead of double posting.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Tried the theory, and while I did hit the coconut way more than I ever had before (which was, like, never) I haven't gotten past 50np and I tried about fifteen times. D: Maybe I just have some bad luck.

And I do have to say mutant yurble is awesome. :D And welcome to TDN btw!

I've been playing Coconut Shy this way for years, and while I have won some coconuts, I wouldn't say it's a sure thing. You will hit the coconut more often, but not necessarily every time - no matter how still you keep the cursor. It's still random, but you do increase your odds if you've been having trouble otherwise.

I was curious though - like I said, I've won an evil coconut on more than one occasion, but every time I did, the screen froze and I never actually got to see a 'winning' screen. I received the prizes, but never the notification. Did you get to see this, or is the glitch for everyone? Just curious - and congratulations!

I got the glitch as well! I was nervous I wasn't going to get my prizes...

As far as the theory goes, this is what I did, but it still took me a few weeks to get the avatar...I think it's all random...

I received a yurble transmogrification potion. I think they are cool too. When my son first started playing neopets he received a techo transmog. potion. Not knowing what it was, he gave it to one of his pets. He said to me, "Mommy, this drink turned my Mynci into a lizard. I don't like it." We both had just started playing and had no idea how it happened or how to change it back. (I didn't know what DRINK he gave it-LOL). He ended up pounding the pet to get another Mynci. He later told me it was a potion.

I am wondering if that might be how your yurble ended up in the pound. Maybe not. Just a "theory."

Tried the theory, and while I did hit the coconut way more than I ever had before (which was, like, never) I haven't gotten past 50np and I tried about fifteen times. D: Maybe I just have some bad luck.

Same thing is happening to me... Is there a technique to actually knock the coconut down instead of just hitting it (like maybe press the mouse button down for longer?)

I just tried it and it worked for me. Thats crazy. I had never even heard of that before today. although, it did the same thing to me as a previous poster had mentioned. I won the prizes but didn't actually make it to the prize screen, game froze, and i refreshed and it gave me my reward. oh well.

pretty awesome, thanks for sharing!

i always aim at the middle coconut without looking at the cursor and honestly i hit the coconut more without worrying about my cursor if it's on the letter "a" or not .. because the cursor WILL move in most cases and i have to fix it ...

I knew this one, but I use a way that I think is easier!

Once you're ready to shoot, right-click anywhere outside of the game screen. Then you'll be able to move your cursor over the coconuts without having it disappear. Put your cursor right on top of a coconut (any one) and click to shoot! You'll hit 99% of the time :)