Hi guys, I'm Ashby/herrashmoo, and I just stumbled upon TDN a few days ago. After a decent amount of lurking, I've decided to go ahead and bite the bullet and make an account.

I'm not really sure what else to say here, so I guess here's some fun facts about myself:

• I play the ukulele, mandolin and violin
  • I've got a mole on my left eyeball
  • I'm majoring in anthroplogy
  • My main neopet and store are named after a side character in the Scott Pilgrim franchise
  • I'm a huge fan of chocolate dipped potato chips
  • I've performed a short solo set on a cruise ship for an auditorium full of people
  • I just managed to RE up a magical strawberry chia pop yesterday and it's my first UB item and I'm pretty dang psyched about it
  • I'm usually terrible at posting in forums but maybe this one will go better than usual!

@Grenthine: Thanks, I certainly hope to! And the chia pop was totally the highlight of my day yesterday, haha.

@pixyperson: I figure something'll crop up eventually! And I'm not that great, I just managed to audition into a talent competition on the ship -- and even then, I didn't have my normal stuff (I've got a super nice ukulele that my parents were worried would break, so I borrowed (read: totally stole) my dad's $20 uke for the trip and somehow stumbled into a musical audition), so it was probably okay at best, haha. My sister actually ended up beating me (she won third, I didn't place at all) with a pretty solid vocal set, but getting to perform for that many people in international waters was pretty dang rad!

Welcome Ashby! I've never tried chocolate dipped potato chips....but it's basically my two favorite things combined so I bet they're heavenly hhaha. Anthropology is so cool!! I wish my school had an anthro major :p well...if they do then it's not very popular XD anyways, nice to meet you, I'm Shelley! :p

@Haliaetus: They're so good, but everyone seems to think they're so weird, haha. In my hometown there's actually both a potato chip and a chocolate factory, so the two of them get together every Christmas to mass produce the things, and they're so bloody great.

@ShellyJoy: Oh man, you've gotta try them, they're pretty fantastic! All the salty/greasy/crispiness of good chips mixed with chocolate? Heck yeah. And, yeah, anthro is super great! I'm doing a cutural focus so I've done a couple of super small-scale ethnographies and stuff, it's a ton of fun and super interesting. Look into your school's class catalogue and check to see if you can't take a class in cultural anthro (or, maybe they might have cultural psych or sociology, which are both pretty integral and interesting). Even if they don't have a major for it, they may still have a small department!

where do you even get these fantastic creations?? haha I would really love to try them :p ...I feel like I saw chocolate drizzled chips in a candy store one time along with some other odd chocolaty things! And we do have an anthro major! along with a minor too..I never knew that. I'm a painting major so I don't get around that neck of the woods much haha...I really wish I could pick up dome sort of science-y major...my school just added an astronomy major/minor and I'm so wishing I had time to pick up one of those :p

If your area has MikeSells/Esther Price products, you might be able to snag some from them (they're both avaliable around Ohio and some surrounding states!), but I've heard that a bunch of companies have started making them! Just stop by whatever chocolatier or candy shop you can find and see what they've got, you never know.

I actually had, and this isn't a joke, chocolate covered bacon while on vacation a couple years ago. Boardwalk andy shops will dip anything into chocolate (and I learned the hard way that maybe not every ought to be dipped in chocolate, haha).

And, dude, even if you can't fit the in a doubled major or a minor, you could always just take a class or two as electives! I've been taking art and programming classes outside of my anthro major, it's totally doable if your school allows it.