How do you split time between your neopets?

hanalways

I just recently got shiny brand new Lutari and I realized this is the first time in like, ever, that I've had more than one active neopet (I'm weird). I was wondering how other people divvy up their time between their neopets, and how many they have. :O Do you focus on one neopet at a time, or do you sort of work on all of them altogether? Do you have a "primary" pet, or are they all equal? How do you choose what pet to start things with, like NeoQuest save files or... things like that? XD

It depends. I used to divide time equally between my Neopets - until they all got painted. I often would keep my cheapest-painted pet as my active (until I sent in a basic colored-Cybunny for my fifth slot). He was my main active for a while, and then I doing Faerie quests often when I could get cookies for them, and began keeping my battle pet active as a result. It also makes going into the Battledome easier as your active pet shows up first, so I can skip that step where I have to choose a pet.

And that's the basic story, so far.

I mostly only have one active pet. He's the one I train for the Battledome, do all my dailies with, read books to, etc. I've started taking the others out from time to time to play with them, though, so they don't get sad. I'm terrified that they'll turn blue, and besides their lookups don't look as nice with that miserable expression on their faces.

I have my lab rat as active and the rest rarely get an active spot except my battle pet for when he goes to the healing faerie. in terms of attention, i have functions for my pets - there's the clever one to whom i read the books, the battle pet, the neocash one etc. my pet did turn red once because he was insanely sad (though he was grey and it was kind of the point pft) so now i just check them in the neolodge every 28 days

I normally keep one pet as my active which is my first pet I ever got I don't normally switch them out but I always read and play with both of my pets.

Each one of my pets is special in its own way .. some love to read .. others love to get dressed .. others love to get re-painted every while .. i also have 2 permanent lab pets .. one of whom is my BD pet .. and is always the active pet on my main ..

I used to try to divide my time up equally among my pets but since I'm training one for BD stuff he has been my active for a while, in case RE, faerie quests, Coltzan perks, etc. give the pet stat increases, since my other ones don't BD (yet). Once I get him where I want him I will move on to the next pet and have it be primary active until I reach a goal, then so on and so forth. Back when your pet could get turned invisible by RE I tried to keep painted pets from being active because it was so frustrating having it happen. -_-

• 4 weeks later...

I've mainly focused on my main pet which I train, read books to, and I used to feed gourmet food. There is another pet that I train on occasion that reads Booktastic books. I have one pet that I zap and the rest are neopets I keep for avatar lends. For NQ, I use my main pet because it's easier to remember which pet I'm playing the game on.

• 1 month later...

Gosh.. After reading what everyone else does to their pets, I feel like such a terrible owner :whaa:

I do everything with and give everything to yujinori. BD trainings, books to read, even food and toys and such. Provided, until recently I only have two pets in my care but still. Poor Iemondrops... :sad02:

I only have two pets on my main; one is a battle pet and the other I read books to. The rest of the pets on my side I just focus on customizing and they all get treated pretty equally.

Like others, I keep my plain/unpainted pet as my active for fear of colour-changing events. I haven't heard much about them since the random event revamp though... do they still exist? :o

All of my pets were being a little neglected during the Altador Cup.

One pet is my battle pet. My next big investment is going to be a paint brush for them. The one that is currently active is the pet I read the most books to. I do buy books occasionally for all of my pets, though. They have my cheapest permanent paint job. Another pet is my lab rat. They sometimes get to be the active one, too. One of my pets fairly recently just got an expensive paint job and species change, so she hasn't been getting as much attention lately to keep things a little more equal. I am working on planning out a new wardrobe to go with her new color.

My Aisha is my battle pet and my favorite active since she was my first ever pet. I mostly read books to my Ixi but I read duplicates to my other pets. My Ixi is also my lab pet right now (I'm trying to zap her Chocolate or Robot). I'm focusing on completing my Shoyru's customization right now and I like having her as my active sometimes. The only special thing I have for my Xweetok is that he gets to age my petpets for avatars :P

I've painted them all though and I always make sure they're well-fed and happy, so I think I'm doing alright.

I only have two pets on my main; one is a battle pet and the other I read books to. The rest of the pets on my side I just focus on customizing and they all get treated pretty equally.

Like others, I keep my plain/unpainted pet as my active for fear of colour-changing events. I haven't heard much about them since the random event revamp though... do they still exist? :O

Nah, they replaced them with stat-changing events. Boochi is still there as an RE, but he 100% always misses now. So now having your battle pet as your active is more dangerous than an expensively-painted pet haha.

Hm, interesting question. I have three neopets.

One is my battledore dude: my pirate chomby is already painted my dream for him and his stats are highest and I work on them exclusively. :mario:

My second chomby is my lab ray pet. He started as a female peophin and I zap his pet pet too. He's also my reader and fisher, and typically my active pet.

My third is my grey uni who I would like to paint one day into a Royalboy Uni. I send his pet pet to grave danger, and have used him to get pet pet avatars. He also fulfills my love of horses. :happydance:

• 2 weeks later...

I have a main pet that I do all of my dailies and stuff with, but when I train them I try to keep them even.

I usually just train my main pet, then I have another one which I use for the lab ray and petpet lab ray (: I don't really cycle around them though unless it's the fishing vortex then that's a different story :P

I'm still at that point where I haven't achieved all my dream pets yet, so honestly I do like some of my pets more than others. However, I keep one pet active until I get bored of seeing it, and then I switch it. But right after I've overhauled a customization or something that like, I'll put that pet active.

I have three pets with one main pet who gets all the training, reads all the books, does all the dailies - basically, does all the things. The only time I switch pets is for fishing. I feel like a terrible parent giving all of my attention to 'the favorite' and just taking the reject kids out on fishing trips to alleviate the guilt of never being able to love them as I love the favorite. I do give all three food and clothes though, so there's that. Main pet-bro is special because he's been by my side from the beginning, whereas I don't even remember when or where I acquired the second. The third is just an adoption pet I intended to abandon but then he got zapped to Stealthy and I kept him because Stealthy pet color is best pet color.

For me it's the time I spend working on their charactre designs and personalities :)

With art I usually flesh it out as soon as I get the neopet. But with the writing part ah man I tend to stall that xD For some pets I have personalities in my head, but just haven't written it out. For other pets I've got ideas but haven't even fleshed out the personality.

I do have one favourite, but he's still in frozenland on my iced accounts.. :(

So it's a matter of waiting until those get purged, which will take forever since neopets doesn't keep tabs on which frozen accounts have expired their retrieval date, and which ones have.

• 1 year later...
Guest misarella

I treat all my pets mostly the same. I give them all the same books, send them all to the pirate training center, and let them all have a try in the battledome. When I'm doing my "dailies" run in neopets, I change the active Neopet when I go fishing and I keep that Neopet active there for a day.