Songs that make you cry

Naamah D.

Nobody's Home by Avril Lavigne always gets to me. It reminds me of a girl I'm friends with and how painful it is to hear from her. It is very rare when I relate to music on a very strong level.

Actually the song and video of 'When you're gone' from Avril Lavigne cracks me up every time and makes me wanna cry. When I was younger a song called 'Afscheid nemen bestaat niet' (Dutch) from Marco Borsato (Dutch artist) made me cry too. The title translates to: Saying farewall doesn't exist. Although it sounds really bad translated, it's a really touching song..

Radical Face - The Crooked Kind

Reminds me of my older brother...we lost him when he was 15.

That was over 25yrs ago.

The thunder plays it's drum
The air is heavy with the smell of storms
And I sit beside my brother and I feel him shake
As he laughs himself right back to sleep
And I'm laughin' with him

But I smell their blood
My finger's trace their faces in the wood
I hear their voices somewhere in my bones
I feel them sing along when I'm alone
When I'm not too frightened that is when I know

That I'm here with everyone
They're never truly gone
I know it's everyone
And I hear their songs
Oh, I'm lost with everyone

The song "Say Something" by A Great Big World always has me in tears. I had to give up one someone once, someone I loved. He was an alcoholic and drug addict and I tried really hard to help him. But I eventually realized that he was just going to take me down with him. It was the hardest thing I have ever done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a50qCkKGj4M

It's really worth the listen. :-)

Johnny Cash - Hurt

It makes it even sadder now that he has passed

The song "Say Something" by A Great Big World always has me in tears. I had to give up one someone once, someone I loved. He was an alcoholic and drug addict and I tried really hard to help him. But I eventually realized that he was just going to take me down with him. It was the hardest thing I have ever done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a50qCkKGj4M

It's really worth the listen. :-)

Oh noooo, I forgot about this song. The video is just so so sad. :(

Above all the song "Hallelujah"

but the song "I will Follow You Into the Dark" by Death Cab for Cutie is a close second

also "Life Support" and "Seasons of Love" from Rent

"For Good" from Wicked...musicals in general just have emotional songs :/

"Let it Be" by the Beatles

"I'll Be Missing You"

And I know it's corny but "My Heart Will Go On" and "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) still pull on my heart strings lol

Above all the song "Hallelujah"

I hear you on this one. There are so many beautiful versions of it too. There was a kid on The Voice a couple seasons ago whose rendition gives me the chills.

"Brick" by Ben Folds Five always makes me sad...not weepy, but it's one of those songs that always gives me the blahs when I think about it.

"Everybody Hurts" by REM gets me too, but it's worse when it's the acoustic version by the Corrs for some reason...

Some don't make me cry anymore, some are still tearjerkers. (I'll exclude the ones that don't make me cry anymore.)

"Somewhere Over the Rainbow" never used to make me cry until they played the Hawaiian version at my favorite teacher's funeral. Now it's like, "Shutupshutupshutup! I'm going to cry all over again!" if I hear that version.

Pink's "*Bleepin* Perfect" made me cry for a while, and may still, depending on the day. The girl she's singing about sounds like she's struggled with depression and I very much get that.

There's one Country song that involves the voice of another singer (who had just died) on the first guy's answering machine. *looks it up* Oh, it's Toby Keith's "Cryin' for Me". Oh my goodness...anyway, I heard it on what would've been the birthday of a recently deceased actor (died in the last four to six months at that point) and I just sobbed. (I'm lucky no one caught me...I was at work and I wouldn't wanted to have explained!

I can't listen to "Goodbye's The Saddest Word" by Celine Dion because it was played at my mother's funeral. I can't listen to "Dearest" by Ayumi Hamasaki because I chose that song long ago when I was 14 to be played at my own service. I can't listen to any songs were my mother's favorite because they make me cry.

I really can't listen to "Remember Everything" by Five Finger Death Punch because it really hits me hard. I can relate to it on too many levels.

I'm crying writing this post. I have to stop now.

I cannot listen to Face Down by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus at all.

I haven't listened to that song in at least 5 years, I looked it up and bawled like a baby. Abusive relationships suck, man.

Jasmine Thompson's cover of Almost Lover always makes me tear up, especially since I recently separated from my fiance for 5 years

Well, I'd never want to see you unhappy

I thought you'd want the same for me

Goodbye, my almost lover

Goodbye, my hopeless dream

I'm trying not to think about you

Can't you just let me be?

So long, my luckless romance

My back is turned on you

Should've known you'd bring me heartache

Almost lovers always do

I don't often get "feels" but these two hit me pretty hard.

White trash beautiful. I can't put words into why it makes me sad but it just does. I guess its the fact that they have a simple life and love each other a lot. They aren't rich or perfect but they get by. I guess watch the vid because I can't explain it.

The other song that makes me sad is Snuff By Slipknot. I interpreted the video to be about an old man who lost his first love in a tragic way and he misses her to this day. Its another one where you would have to watch the video but there is some slight adult content so I will let people decide if they are mature enough to watch it.

^ One of the songs that teared me up a bit.

and basically most of the songs that plays at a emotional moment in the anime, and the memories just flood back ; ___ ;

for example,

Anohana - 10 years after

Naruto - Sadness and sorrow

Code Geass - Continued story

and a whole lot of others which i forgot

38848-The-Feels-gif-UHzu.gif

-brb drowning in feels-

I played out "Nobody's Home" by Avril Lavigne! c: The titanic song, but I feel more emotions when I play it on the piano. "Say something" by A Great Big World. "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri. "A beautiful World" by Louis Armstrong. I'm sure there are others. :P

• 3 weeks later...

"You Raise Me Up" by Josh Groban gets me every single time. "Starry, Starry Night" when it's covered by Josh Groban. Here's the big one...Edelweiss from the Sound of Music. It was my grandma's favorite. She's no longer with us, so yeah...serious sob factor.

"Jesus Christ" By Brand New (Any Brand New song actually)

God Help the Outcasts from the Hunchback. (specifically the movie version) v.v or Stop Crying Your Heart Out (ironically) by Oasis but that one makes me cry because it reminds me to not sweat the small stuff.

"Light" from Next to Normal. The musical is about a woman with bipolar disorder and how it affects her family. It's relatable for anyone who has or knows someone who has a mental disorder though. This song helped pull me out of a depression almost three years ago. Still one of my favorite musicals.

Alice Ripley, the original woman in the production, follows me on twitter and tweeted at me about two years ago :happydance: I love her so much.