My HP keeps running away from me...

My battle pet's current stats are:

Level: 61

Hit Points: 80 / 126
Strength: AMAZING (88)
Defence: EXCELLENT (53)
Movement: GREAT (28)

(Yes I'm a BD newbie)

No matter what I do, my HP keeps running away from me! My most recent d'oh moment was when I fed him the cake that gives you HP before reading up what it did. Oops. And then I'm stuck training level again just so I can try to catch up and train defence or strength.

I'm THISCLOSE to just negg training those stats because it's driving me INSANE to always train level.

Are you labbing your pet? The lab ray tends to disproportionately increase HP (because it will never decrease it). If you want to give your pet time to catch up, stop labbing while you train level.

If you're far from the codestone bump, I'd suggest just biting the bullet and training level. Item training is awfully expensive and if you do a price comparison, you'll likely find that it's cheaper. Item training only makes sense for pets whose HP is WAY different than their level, or pets who have such a high level that each stat is expensive even with codestones.

you don't have to use stat increaser yet. it is too expensive for your current stat. normal training is fine for you. just stop labbing it AND don't have it as your active. Random events these days really love to knock your level down.

My lab rat (Acryingshametodothis) has the same problem. Her stats are

Level: 23

Health: 119 / 238

Strength: LEGENDARY (123)

Defence: EXCELLENT (42)

Move: AWESOME (77)

Intelligence: ULTIMATE GENIUS (193)

The lab seems to favor hit points, movement and strength but is awful for level and defence. *shrugs* not sure if there is much hope left for evening out her stats.

Codestones are so much cheaper now than they were before, and if you battle every day (the Koi Warrior is your best friend) you can build up a good stockpile so that you don't always have to buy your codestones to train. Looking at your stats, you can get away with training level for a bit, albeit the longer waiting time. Negg training is definitely for higher level pets that need 24 hours per course to finish ;)

And it takes patience. I had a pet that was about level 150 with over 700 HP, and I managed to make her trainable again. It was when codestones were more expensive, so now it would be even easier. It did take time, though!

And my advice is: once your pet is trainable, keep them that way! You can keep labbing but every time they become untrainable, train level. I found it to be pretty easy and rather cost-effective, too. You definitely save on training strength and HP.

Codestones are so much cheaper now than they were before, and if you battle every day (the Koi Warrior is your best friend) you can build up a good stockpile so that you don't always have to buy your codestones to train. Looking at your stats, you can get away with training level for a bit, albeit the longer waiting time. Negg training is definitely for higher level pets that need 24 hours per course to finish ;)

I find the pant devil gives me quite a few codestones too. Yesterday, while battling the pant devil, after receiving all of my nps, I received two red and one regular codestone during one battle with the pant devil!! That was exciting.

Since codestones and battling for them has already been covered, Here are some other ways to gain levels,

Would be Kitchen Quests, and Terror Trove or Faeries Fortune Scratchcards. Terror Trove are usually a bit cheaper. 3 Up arrows and you get a level. Though that's still a pretty slim chance. And Kitchen Quests can ALSO increase 1 point in ANY of your other stats. So that may not be the best way either. Von Roo, can be a pain, but if you're lucky, you can sometimes gain a decent amount of levels. I lost something like, I think 32 levels to him once. I THINK. LOL It was so long ago I've forgotten if it was 16 or 32. LOL But the most I've won from him was I believe, 8. Also, try Coltzan's Shrine. SOMETIMES, especially for a lower level (or maybe it's stats,) pet, He can give some nice boosts. Though I don't remember if I ever got levels from him. I know I got some nice defense boosts though. ;) Again this was quite some time ago. But I thought I would mention it in case it was useful info.

LASTLY, If for some reason you can't, or if you don't want to buy, Faerie Quest Fortune Cookies from the NC Mall. I would recommend playing games like NQ1, NQ2, Pyramids, etc. The types of non-flash games where you can still get random events. You'll eventually get some random faerie quests, as with navigating the site, and maybe you'll LUCK right into a Space Faerie Quest. It can happen. If you can buy some Faerie Quest Fortune Cookies from the NC Mall, you can get 1 Faerie quest per neopian day. Sometimes the Space Faerie will show up, though the Light Faerie and Faerie Queen both will add 1 level to your pet, although, Fyora is so generous that she'll also raise your HP and Strength by 4... Not what you really want at this point. But worth mentioning. ;)

Faerie Quest Fortune Cookies usually sell in the mall at 100 NC, Which is equal to $1 USD. Though it does last for 7 days, so it's not a BAD buy. Oh, and if you miss doing one quest during a day of that week's activation, you don't get it back. So if you get one, make sure you do the quest every day until it runs out. The last day it will have a countdown clock like this 24:00:00, counting down Hours, minutes and seconds before the cookie expires. One quest cookie MUST expire before you can open another one.

I hope this helps. Recovering or gaining levels CAN be a real PAIN. So best of luck with your training!

LOL I have the opposite problem. The pet I'm training, the HP keeps going DOWN through REs :O I once lost 3 HP in one day.

I didn't know there was a way for HP to decrease through a RE. I'd be interested to learn more; perhaps we should update the Battlepedia. Do you have a screenie?