Food Club hints tips and info?

AJ11

I am trying food club for the first time and I have copied someone else's bets from Hugo's Food Club page

I have looked over the guides and other help I can find but it still seems a bit confusing at the moment

so I have placed the recommended bets but I have only bet 1000 on each bet rather than the max I am allowed basicly because I dont know what I am doing yet. Everywhere I have looked seems to say to bet the max you can but I cant understand why?

does anyone else have a food club site that they follow or use?

Do you think Hugo's page is ok to follow?

How long is it usually before it starts to make sense?

I follow Hugo's bets too, haha. And in case he doesn't update, I follow Lefty's bets.

I understand the betting a very little bit, but I am really not confident enough to bet on my own, haha.

Yesterday I customized Hugo's bets slightly (unintended though, I just made a mistake copying, fail!) and it brought me a little win. lol.

I follow Hugo's bets too, haha. And in case he doesn't update, I follow Lefty's bets.

I understand the betting a very little bit, but I am really not confident enough to bet on my own, haha.

Yesterday I customized Hugo's bets slightly (unintended though, I just made a mistake copying, fail!) and it brought me a little win. lol.

thanks for letting me know about leftys bets I will have a look at that one too.

I saw where someone said there is usually a forecast of how safe hugo thinks his bets are each day, but I couldnt find that on the page? have you found it or isnt it actually on there today/or ever?

thats good getting it a bit wrong and winning :)

I guesse the food contest is just once a day but when do we find out if we won or lost please?

thanks for letting me know about leftys bets I will have a look at that one too.

I saw where someone said there is usually a forecast of how safe hugo thinks his bets are each day, but I couldnt find that on the page? have you found it or isnt it actually on there today/or ever?

thats good getting it a bit wrong and winning :)

I guesse the food contest is just once a day but when do we find out if we won or lost please?

On this page you can collect you winnings - and see what bets made a win!

http://www.neopets.com/pirates/foodclub.phtml?type=collect

You can keep your winnings for 7 or 8 days, I don't remember exactly but I just collect them after 7 days, haha.

On his betpage, Hugo always puts a text first with something about last day's bets and winnings or losses, and then something about todays arena's and his predictions and motivation for his bets.

"I did give a passing thought to covering Fairfax in an extra safety yesterday, but then rejected that thought - he was simply too much weaker than the other pirates in his arena.

And yet he won, so I now have nothing. :(
Lagoon and Harpoon Harry's open positive today.
Lagoon looks fairly safe - Puffo is a distant danger, but Gooblah does look pretty solid. But I distrust Harpoon Harry's. Looking at the odds, I really think Lucky might get lucky and win.
I have decided to play the single-arena system, tenbetting Gooblah (so Puffo better behave yourself!)
I have combined Gooblah with all in Shipwreck and all in Treasure Island; that left me with two bets for Lucky and Franchisco in Harpoon Harry's. (This leaves Orvinn and Squire uncovered - not totally safe, but let's face it: those two are NOT the reason I am not playing Franchisco as a constant!)"
On this page you can see your overall profit or loss:
I made 150k profit!

As AllTime said, if you're just starting out I'd recommend Hugo as well. He's generally a safe odds bettor and his bets hit fairly often. Once you get some experience and learn the basics of the system, if you want you can start making your own bets and playing your own system if you feel like you'd be good at it. A really good guide I'd recommend is this one, as it's pretty thorough and explains everything you need to know.

Results usually come out at around 1:06-1:07 p.m. NST

thanks to both of you for your help .. Im really quite excited to find out how the bets went today. I will be just copying other peoples betting for quite a while I think because it looks quite tricky to work out who is likely to win. I have saved the link to the guide though in case I get brave lol

Thanks for the links too I will be keeping all of those :D

Update: well I bet 10k and I won 16k so this time I will risk a bigger bet

It's important to max-bet not only to maximize your profits, but to ensure that when you do have bets that win, that you make back what you bet overall. Some bets that Hugo makes are meant to add more likely np to your winnings--but the odds are generally so high on these bets that they don't make a lot.

For example, when my friend and I used the same bets one day (Hugo's), she lost neopoints overall and I gained profit because I bet the max and she did not.

It's kind of confusing for me to explain because I've only been betting for about a month, but yeah! Have fun with Food Club. Sometimes it's easier to jump into doing something and then understand it fully later, and this is one of those things :P

so tonight Im confused??? I have lost 14k overall so far and tonight I went to play and Im not sure that the bets shown are for the next round or if they are for the ones just past?

It says on Hugos page today : My Food Club Bets for Round 5579

but I cant find anywhere on foodclub that gives the number for the upcoming round so Im stuck!!

can anyone help me with this? I might go and look at lefty's bets as recommended earlier on

well I went and looked at leftys bets but Im still confused the date they are giving is for bets for 25th but the next round shown on food club says 26th so does this mean that the recommended bets are not shown yet? It also says on leftys that he recommends getting bids in before 1pm nst but ... how? when Im not sure I am betting on todays or yesterdays recommendations ??

yes I am confused !!

so tonight Im confused??? I have lost 14k overall so far and tonight I went to play and Im not sure that the bets shown are for the next round or if they are for the ones just past?

It says on Hugos page today : My Food Club Bets for Round 5579

but I cant find anywhere on foodclub that gives the number for the upcoming round so Im stuck!!

can anyone help me with this? I might go and look at lefty's bets as recommended earlier on

You can use Hugo's bets, I didn't win anything either last round (followed Hugo's bets). Some bad luck :(

On Hugo's page he puts the round number, but also the date:

"My Food Club Bets for Round 5580 / July 26, 2014"

If your unsure about the round number, you can always check the date on the Food Club page, as it says:

"Next match: Saturday the 26 th at 02:00 PM NST"

So, Hugo's bets are for today's - or tomorrow, if it's not yet 26th in your timezone - match :)

thanks to both of you for that info, I can see now that hugo has updated since I last posted, I did notice the date but I felt I couldnt be sure if the date would be the same due to the time differences in different parts of the world and when the actual food contest took place, but now it is making more sense and I have gone with hugo again :)

I can also see now that hugo has updated that he lost yesterday too, so it wasnt a problem with me putting on the wrong days bets, just that he didnt win anyway

HIs long term results look good though and I have decided to just go for it and bet a lot more from today and just see what happens, its quite exciting even if I am losing so far lol

HIs long term results look good though and I have decided to just go for it and bet a lot more from today and just see what happens, its quite exciting even if I am losing so far lol

Yes indeed! But ugh, today no wins, again! :( Bad luck, really *sighs desperately* :(:(:(:(:(:(

yikes Im now down 34k !! ... oh well I guesse I might as well stick with it its not real money so who cares :icecream:

Of course Im presuming that at some point we get to win a bit ... erm actually do most people find that they do ok following hugo? I have looked at the stats he has and it looks fine I would just feel a little bit happier if someone else has been doing this for a while and doing ok?

yikes Im now down 34k !! ... oh well I guesse I might as well stick with it its not real money so who cares :icecream:

Of course Im presuming that at some point we get to win a bit ... erm actually do most people find that they do ok following hugo? I have looked at the stats he has and it looks fine I would just feel a little bit happier if someone else has been doing this for a while and doing ok?

Last time I collected my winnings I doubled my bets! Though I did lose a day or two, big time.

I followed Hugo for a good month or two and I definitely came out positive at the end. It's extremely rare to go negative with him (refer to his statistics), so just stick with it knowing there will be days (even several in a row) where there will be upsets and you won't win anything. It's just a matter of patience, it will pay off eventually.

Thanks for the reassurance both of you :rambo: I was getting a little bit twitchy

I have seen the results and stats on his page and it looks very good but you kind of start to wonder when you dont win and you are new to it.

Just waiting to bet again today ... I can see how this could get a wee bit addictive :shiftyeyes_anim: