Keyquest "hacking"?

chizLemons

How do I know if someone's hacking KeyQuest? Is that even possible?

Last game someone suddenly got a Super Key Grabber without even passing through a power up square...I didn't do anything about it because maybe I was distracted and it was fair, or maybe my game lagged, but it was very weird. So I was wondering, is keyquest hacking common/possible?

I'm always surprised by the amount of people with way too much time on their hands to cheat neopets...

For recieving a Super Key Grabber power-up you have to land on your alignment tile! You can't get it from a power-up tile, haha.

I don't know anything about [people] hacking Key Quest, sorry.

I think there is some type of cheating, I don't play anymore because of it. I was playing it with someone, they took their turn, I took my turn, they took theirs, I took mine. That is two turns each. By the their third turn they had 3 power ups and all 5 keys and were heading toward the winning space and I still didn't even have one key. That is MESSED UP. I did quit that game because there is NO WAY they did that without cheating some how. Anyone on here can try to explain it to me, there is no way I will buy any explanation. Sorry. I never played again after that.

I think there is some type of cheating, I don't play anymore because of it. I was playing it with someone, they took their turn, I took my turn, they took theirs, I took mine. That is two turns each. By the their third turn they had 3 power ups and all 5 keys and were heading toward the winning space and I still didn't even have one key. That is MESSED UP. I did quit that game because there is NO WAY they did that without cheating some how. Anyone on here can try to explain it to me, there is no way I will buy any explanation. Sorry. I never played again after that.

It is entirely possible though, if you play the standard boards, in three turns you cán win. I almost had that, had the other player not quit on me, lol.

If you play mini-games, you can win keys, I always pick the blue key - or the yellow key, depending where I start out. And if you get the roll-12-sided-dice random event while you have a throw-two-dice power-up, it can get pretty fast!

maybe it was me. lol. JK. We hadn't played any mini games yet. And how could they still have 3 power ups in only two turns, especially if they already used one, which I never saw a message saying they used a power up.

I once saw someone who was playing that game where you hose down the Meowclops...the petpet was clean (no more points could be earned) and they were firing into the background and their score kept going up. That's the only time I've ever legitimately thought someone was cheating at KQ.

I haven't played KQ in a VERY long time. If your computer or connection is slower. Your turn or game might time out, or in the mini-games it could appear as though the other player is going through the mini-game at impossible speeds. I think it's the difference between the computers and internet connections. When I first played KQ it was on an older computer, maybe 1 gig of RAM, and I forget what the internet speed was.

Eventually I got stuck playing against wusses who couldn't handle losing and closed out, or I lost. There are times when real things can come up as to why they'd leave the game. Like a power or internet outage. I wrote some of my opponents when that happened. And sometimes they'd say something like that. Other times, they'd not reply at all. I haven't tried Keyquest in a couple or more years. Maybe I'll try it again sometime. lol

I once saw someone who was playing that game where you hose down the Meowclops...the petpet was clean (no more points could be earned) and they were firing into the background and their score kept going up. That's the only time I've ever legitimately thought someone was cheating at KQ.

I saw that too once! So weird O.o

Yes, I have seen that too. Also the one with the spiders, where they drop down, mine is always frozen. ALWAYS!!! And everyone else is going to town. Then when I am able to start up again, bam, frozen again. It is ridiculous. Lol.

Plus, I KNOW I am playing with people who are "friends" when I am way behind them and they keep using power ups on ME and taking the ONE key I have, LOL. I am NO threat to them, but yet, they pick on ME.

I guess if they keep me down, that assures them at least a silver key. So I can see their method. IDK, the game just aggravates me, hence the reason I don't play anymore.

My RL friend an I play together at my house often. She saw this too but it was me getting the points. I was not cheating but my computer was faster at recieving data then hers and as her laptop tried to catch up it appeared that I was firing off in the distance earning points when really I had already earned those points on my computer... does that make sense? At least thats what i think happened since we were using the same internet and her laptop tends to lag.