Lending neopoints to friend?

omgneo

I want to help out a friend by giving them an expensive item for a quest (because they don't have the money at the moment to buy it). If they give me the neopoints it's worth back eventually is that cheating?

Basically, is it ok to give out loans?

I'm not sure where you read that giving away your Neopoints is against the rules, because it isn't :P (as long as it's not a contest!). TNT discourages item pools, asking for donations or loans because more often than not they are scams and you probably won't get your NP back/someone runs off with your NP. That said, if you want to help a friend out, there's no rule stating you can't send some NP their way. I've consistently donated to friends for whatever they were saving for. I think you just can't call it a loan, or ask for the NP back - that's purely up to the other person if they can/want to pay you back.

Yeah, if I were you, I would buy out their shop too, or set up a trade for the person. They could offer what they have plus a junk item and you could just leave it at that, or you could just gift them the item. I would say your best bet would be to just buy out their shop to help them out though.

if it's a large amount of neopoints, then TNT will view is suspiciously. i'm not sure how valuable the item is, but loans aren't built in to the game like trading is, so don't expect it to be a binding contract. there's no way to contest it if they don't pay you back. just gift it or organize a trade.