Perma silence, transfer?

Vycha

Hello everyone.

Yesterday I’ve been perma silenced. I already sent in a ticket, because in my point of view it wasn’t offensive or insulting at all. In fact, I think it’s a cultural difference. I used one word when I was talking to my brother through neomail (bad idea, I know.) wich caused me a perma silence. Even though I never did anything wrong in the past.

Anyways. I am left with a few questions.

- If I make a new account, do I need to use the same email adress as my old one? Because other wise it could be seen as an other person and not a side?

- Is making a new account to get my rights back against the rules?

- Can I transfer all my old stuff to my new account? (Including NP, expensive items and neopets?)

- If I do transfer stuff, do I have to do it in fases? Otherwise they could find out that I made a new account.

- I have a Habitarium lvl 50, do I have to take it down (let everything die or something) if I make my new account my main? Otherwise I could be getting NP from it right?
- If I use my old account and new account multiple times at the same day (to transfer, or anything else), is that a bad idea? Should I be really careful?

So yes. That’s kinda it. I don't know much about these things, but I want to do it right.
I am still very very confused and shocked. But I guess I just have to accept it, I should have been way more careful. And I will be in the future.

If there is anything else I should know, please tell me :)

Thank you.

I have seen neopets specifically say to people something to the effect of, "you have been permanently frozen. The only way to continue playing neopets is to make a new account." Obviously I am paraphrasing, those are not the exact words. But, they know that people are going to make new accounts and there is not much they can do. In the case of your being silenced, I would say that is a lesser offense than being frozen. Since people make new accounts for all sorts of different reasons, such as forgotten passwords, purged accounts, frozen accounts, etc. I don't see an issue with it as long as you are not making nps, or profit on two or more accounts. Good luck.

What you wish to do is to create a new main account and make your silenced one a side account. I've been in your situation and that's what I did.

Lets see if I can help you out with your questions:

1. I would use the same email to further prove the account both belong to me. I don't dare to answer whether it's against the rules to have different emails for different sides. Check the Terms of Agreement or google in hope to find answers in editorials.

2. It's not against the rules to create a new account.

3. You can and should transfer everything to your new main account. Remember your new main has to be at least 4 months old in order for it to undergo a neopet transfer.

4. No need to do it in phases.

5. You can just leave your side account habi, never open it again from the day you decide to change main account. Yes, you need to make a new habi :(

6. I would first use the same email and personal information. I would, for the first months, state on both my side and main lookups when I decided to change main and possibly some more information. You're however free to log in and out between accounts on the same day.

Also, may I ask what exactly caused your silence?

Thank you all (:

And thanks so much for the answers on all my little questions ^^ I know what to do now.
However, I cant change my lookup from my perma silenced account. And I have to wait 4 months, but that's fine.

I have sent a ticket. And a second, because I felt like I was getting a standard reply. So I will continue keeping after them. Maybe someday I will get lucky :P

Well. I discussed the word on another forum (another site). There they thought I was an idiot, racist, etc. So I kinda avoid bringing it up again. I just keep thinking it can be seen as really bad. But not in the convo, not in my country, my environment, not when I say it to my brother or friends.

-I deleted this because i don't want more discussions leading no where. ._. sorry -

Most people think I deserve a frozen account for this. So I am lucky, I guess..

I know neopets can't see that it was send to my brother or see it in context. And I heard it is way more worse in America. Someone from Canada called me a racist. However, it isnt ment like that at all. I use it with different people here, from all skin colors or cultures. To some people I won't use this word.. but the same goes for some topics, believes etc. To some people I won't even use the words 'oh my god' or something like that, because they find it insulting to god. I feel uncomfortable trying to avoid a lot though, but I try. Otherwise it will probably be even more uncomfortable.

I can say it opened my eyes though. How many different cultures there are. And how they can see words in a different light.

So yes. ._.

But anyways! thank you all for the responses n.n

BTW. The only thing I am thinking about is the transfers still. How many days should I put between the transfers? And how much should I transfer at a time?

You should transfer everything at once...nothing wrong with that.

You deserve the perma silence but I don't mean that as a mean thing. I got my perma silence because I wrote the word 'alcohol' in the robber language 'alolcocohoholol'. Learned my lesson as well. There's nothing else we can do than obey those rules and adapt to those filters.

Mhm. I just don't agree. Maybe it is bad in other cultures or environments. But yes, I don't really want any more discussions. Kinda done with it now.

@wolfponies, thank you. I guess I read it wrong :p I know that now. So I will probably not talk that much on the neoboards or neomail anymore. And check every word :/ I heard about perma silences because of skill because there is the word kill in it. And such things..

Anyways.

Thanks for the responses and have a nice day! :D