Should we talk about the weather? (Hi, hi, hi)

Hello! My name's Laura and since I'm new to TDN I thought I'd come and say introduce myself. In real life I'm a graduate student from the UK. I played Neopets for a good couple of years back when I was about 12-15 and after a long absence I was sucked back in a couple of months ago. It's now my favourite procrastination method while I attempt to write my dissertation, haha. I'm currently having lots of fun dabbling in the stock market, placing the occasional food club bet and playing habitarium - so if anyone wants to neofriend me, go ahead! Eventually I'd like to experiment with the lab ray and start seriously training for the battledome and collecting avatars but I'm still a way off from either of those goals yet.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to being part of the community. This seems like such a friendly place!

Hi, it's nice to meet a fellow food clubber - I've only just started getting into it but it seems to be a pretty good way to make np! Aw, thanks! My sister drew it so I can't really claim any of the credit though. I like your avatar and sig too. The Simpsons is an awesome show!

First off, hi and welcome! Using Neopets as a procrastination method seems like a great idea to me!

I've always wanted to do good clubbing.I never quite understood it and honestly I'm the kind of person that if I don't understand something right away I can't be bothered with it. Is it fun?

Welcome :) I just wanted to say that I like your Neopets username! And that collecting avatars is a great way to procrastinate <3 /unbiased opinion

Welcome to TDNF! I hope you have some fun here! :) When you're ready to try the Battledome, there are a number of battle fanatics here to answer questions and offer advice. :D The battlepedia has lots of great info, challenger info and articles! You can find it here. http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/

Good luck with your dissertation! :)

Hello Laura and Welcome!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Hey Laura! What are you majoring in? :)

Food club and avatar collecting are two things that once you start you can't pull yourself away from. They're very addicting haha

good luck in reaching your neo goals, this is a great community to help you achieve them :)

I simply adore your username. I just couldn't scroll past it. I'm actually making a set of rings based on the aesthetic of Lothlorien at the moment, so I'm a little wrapped up in that whole world right now.

I'm in the same boat. I played neopets when I was about 6-7 and I just got myself a new account two months before graduating from high school. It's fantastic procrastination, isn't it?

Thanks so much for the warm welcome everybody! It's great to meet you all. :)

First off, hi and welcome! Using Neopets as a procrastination method seems like a great idea to me!
I've always wanted to do good clubbing.I never quite understood it and honestly I'm the kind of person that if I don't understand something right away I can't be bothered with it. Is it fun?

I think it is! It's interesting to see how your fortunes fluctuate from day to day. I don't really have my own system yet though, I tend to follow pages like Hugo's.

Welcome :) I just wanted to say that I like your Neopets username! And that collecting avatars is a great way to procrastinate <3 /unbiased opinion

Thank you! Haha, it definitely is. Frustrating but fun!

Welcome to TDNF! I hope you have some fun here! :) When you're ready to try the Battledome, there are a number of battle fanatics here to answer questions and offer advice. :D The battlepedia has lots of great info, challenger info and articles! You can find it here. http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/

Good luck with your dissertation! :)

Thank you, I'm sure I will. That all sounds great, I'll be sure to check them out.

Thanks again! I'm getting through it slowly. :)

Hey Laura! What are you majoring in? :)

Food club and avatar collecting are two things that once you start you can't pull yourself away from. They're very addicting haha

good luck in reaching your neo goals, this is a great community to help you achieve them :)

Medieval history. Totally impractical of course. :P

Oh, yes, definitely!

Thank you - it definitely seems like it!

I simply adore your username. I just couldn't scroll past it. I'm actually making a set of rings based on the aesthetic of Lothlorien at the moment, so I'm a little wrapped up in that whole world right now.

I'm in the same boat. I played neopets when I was about 6-7 and I just got myself a new account two months before graduating from high school. It's fantastic procrastination, isn't it?

Aw, thanks! That sounds really cool, I'd love something like that. I've been a major Tolkien fan ever since I was really little and a lot of my pets on my old account were named after Silmarillion characters. Oddly enough I've always preferred Rohan, Gondor and The Shire over the elven realms but with Lothlorien the connection with my real name was just too good to pass up.

Aw, thanks! That sounds really cool, I'd love something like that. I've been a major Tolkien fan ever since I was really little and a lot of my pets on my old account were named after Silmarillion characters. Oddly enough I've always preferred Rohan, Gondor and The Shire over the elven realms but with Lothlorien the connection with my real name was just too good to pass up.

Same! My dad used to read The Hobbit and LOTR to me as bed time stories when I was little. I've always dreamed of living in Bag End as illustrated by Allan Lee. I think I have a particular affinity to the shire because of the eating schedule :P

Medieval history sounds so cool!