NEW EVENT: Desert Diplomacy

Ruto

Smaller events can be quite fun, and they usually lead to releasing big art updates or new dailies or other things like that. So long as it's well written and fun, I personally don't see how plot vs event should matter in the long run.

It would just be nice for something like AotA or even TFR to come back again, I'm just getting tired or repetitious bull being piled on to us. Like don't get me wrong I get it would be difficult for them with the JumpStart transition but even if they do something with the release of the app in a plot sense it would be good too. Like there's so much potential and in editorials they have also stated that they have numerous idea but no time to implement them, maybe they should make time. I don't know if anyone can relate but that's me two cents. :)

You Have Found A Clue

You bring the information back to Princess Amira, who is delighted to see your progress. She gestures to a servant, who then presents you with a reward for your effort. "Here," she adds. "You can have this old parchment too. It was just collecting dust."

Wadjet

Sign of Life Parchment Piece

The Princess declares that you'll catch the scoundrels yet... but it looks like you have to wait for new leads. Perhaps someone will report in tomorrow.

Oh no is this a daily thing? I don't think I can be online for the next few days ahhhh. :(

Honestly, I don't care much what the prizes will be. I do enjoy getting a new avatar, but it's not like I often use any of the ones I've gotten from previous site events. I'm just genuinely looking forward having something new to do on Neo every day, even if it is just a few clicks.

Like someone mentioned above about fixing old problems, I agree - I really want to see DoN up and running again, but since that seems to be WAY down on TNT's priorities, I will settle for this new event :)

A plot! A plot! A mystery plot!!! Or probably just an event....that's all we really get anymore. But closest thing to a plot! Hopefully the rewards will be less disappointing than the Spooky Food Eating Contest was.

Omg I would love another plot, I miss those.

If there was one now I would actually be old enough to understand and participate properly.

I miss the neopets I knew when I was in primary school. :(

You bring the information back to Princess Amira, who is delighted to see your progress. She gestures to a servant, who then presents you with a reward for your effort. "Here," she adds. "You can have this old parchment too. It was just collecting dust."

Sand Sculpture Strategies

Sign of Life Parchment Piece

I'm excited for a new event indeed. Regardless of what comes out of it. *cough* although an avatar would be nice *cough*

Guest Tahalika

• Nune
  • Sign of Life Parchment Piece

Well hey, got a book. Always nice to get books to add to applexsun's intelligence.

Honestly a bit disappointed though that it was just as simple as a few clicks. Perhaps once we get enough clues it'll become a proper puzzle, but for now I'm less than impressed.

This is the first event-type thing I've ever done on the site! Even though I've been on Neo with my current account for 7 1/2 years, I would always be on hiatus when something interesting would happen, haha. I'm excited for whatever this turns out to be :)

Normally, the first part of an event is usually just simple tasks :) It looks like it'll turn out to be a logic puzzle, which I'm looking forward to! Hopefully there will be several stages but won't be too long. Challenging is way different than dragging, lol.

So far I like this new event since you have a chance to get free books for your Neopets. Hopefully this event will be better than the Halloween event and the Coincidence.

My favorite thing about this event thus far, hands down, is the fact that they released the 12 Scrolls from the Lost Desert Plot.

I have coveted the 4 Sand scrolls for YEARS...all the while thinking them to be totally unattainable. I am THRILLED to have them in my Gallery now!

That, plus the fact that 2 of the NC items from the event have Sand in them as well...makes me a very happy Neopian! :D

Now I am hoping that some of the final prizes have Sand in them. Or, even better, that they release the Magical Bag of Sand, Sands of the Dark Faerie, Sands of the Fire Faerie, and Sands of the Water Faerie! Those are all Neopian items that only exist as 1-P opponent BD weapons...but I sure would love to add them to my collection! /grin

Cheers!

:P

I'm really frustrated right now. Everything they seem to be releasing requires NC which I don't have spare money for. If I could buy high priced games, I'd buy them... I hope Neopets doesn't forget about those of us who can't afford digital money for pixels.

I'm really frustrated right now. Everything they seem to be releasing requires NC which I don't have spare money for. If I could buy high priced games, I'd buy them... I hope Neopets doesn't forget about those of us who can't afford digital money for pixels.

I agree I am pretty surprised that there seems to be nothing to actually do so far with this its just click and its done :sad01_anim:

where is the fun in that, sure its nice to get free stuff but I come to neopets for some fun and to have a few challenges ... I just hope it is going to improve or its going to mean that future events will only be worthwhile if you pay more. I already pay for premium I dont want to hand over more every time an event happens

Today I got a bucket of sand ... really lame :p

and I ended up reading the scroll to V00D00 .. waiting for the other scrolls to drop further in price so I can buy them and read them

kaybee92, on 11 Aug 2014 - 3:01 PM, said:

I wish this weren't so straightforward :( I kinda wanted a plot, not an event.

I know what ya mean..I wonder if more will happen though? it is a start? but then again haven't been able to follow because i have dial up now :/ stinks.. hope it gets better!!! O.o