Desert Diplomacy Begins!

hrtbrk

I got The Chemical Properties of Sand and Sign of Life Parchment Piece (NC).

I really hope this doesn't drag on too long. x_x

Ooo, I only got the Signs of Life piece!

Yeah, same here! School wil be starting soon for me and I might not have time...

If people are getting different items, could it mean your choice actually matters? :O

If either of you are still around, what choices did you make? I'm nervous to keep moving forward if one will lead to a better item than the other.

You look like you'd enjoy a fine Sand Pear. How about it? It's guaranteed to put sand on your chest.
Edit: (12:52am NST 08/08/2014) I couldn't help myself, I went ahead and picked "Actually, I was hoping you'd heard about the Illuminated Menuscript theft." I received these items: Eye-Sha and Sign of Life Parchment Piece

The NP items are random, and it looks like everyone's getting the same NC token, but a random item when using it. So far we've confirmed 5 NC prizes from the parchment, so we're looking at at least 5 days of clue gathering.

Guess it was a good thing I saved that 350 NC.

Else I would not have been able to get the dictionary with 125 of it.

The NP items are random, and it looks like everyone's getting the same NC token, but a random item when using it. So far we've confirmed 5 NC prizes from the parchment, so we're looking at at least 5 days of clue gathering.

Good to know because I was wondering whether your choice of response made a difference. If it's random though I guess I shall go pick one of the responses and get some prizes!

What sorts of NC items does the Dictionary give? And would I have to buy it today in order to use it on today's parchment piece?

We have a guide up on the NC portion of the event here: http://customize.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/desertdiplomacy

And yep you have to buy one Dictionary per parchment piece. I don't think you have to buy one today to use it on today's parchment piece, since the prizes aren't day-specific, but random.

I received Edible Desert Foliage Vol. 9 and the Life of parchment thing after answering, "Actually, I was hoping..."

Hopefully everything goes well!
Those guards are sketchy.
Also, there wasn't one sand pear in his shop when I went, so I don't see what he's complaining about. >:U

Desert Kiko Snacks
Sign of Life Parchment Piece

Amira gave me these 2 items but i still don't get it .. what am i supposed to do with this ?

The Parchment Piece is part of an NC Event: http://customize.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/desertdiplomacy

Basically, we're starting slow with the clues, and there's not much else to do :P

I don't think I've seen it mentioned yet, but based on the clue, I'm anticipating some sort of logic puzzle.

3,5.png

e.g. If all 5 visitors each had an item stolen, you would complete a puzzle to find out which item belonged to each visitor, and in which manner each item was stolen.

I love these kinds of things, so I hope this is what it works out to be! :D

I don't think I've seen it mentioned yet, but based on the clue, I'm anticipating some sort of logic puzzle.

3,5.png

e.g. If all 5 visitors each had an item stolen, you would complete a puzzle to find out which item belonged to each visitor, and in which manner each item was stolen.

I love these kinds of things, so I hope this is what it works out to be! :D

If this ends up being like a logic puzzle I will be so excited! I love doing those in puzzle books, even though I'm not that good at them. :S

I went with the 'Actually…' option and ended up with a Desert Usul Plushie and the Parchment prize.

JellyNeo's Guida says that it doesn't matter which interaction you choose, they always end up giving away the clue, so... :P

Anyways, I hope this is like The Coincidence's NC part. Like, we surely get a different NC item each day, even though the order is random for everyone. That would also mean the NC part would only last 5 days, which is good too! :D

Yes yes yes! I love these kinds of puzzles too and that was the first thing I thought when I got my clue today. There hasn't been one of those on Neopets in a while, so I'd be really excited if it does turn out to be a puzzle.